Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

That 1-0 win in the league cup, Steve Watson's mazy run and 25 yard chip :lol: Ridiculous. No wonder we've not won there since.

Williamson had a shitter against Suarez back in May or whenever it was but the whole team except Jonas were pretty shite that day. Hopefully we can give them a better game this time and maybe even get a result

with the way liverpool play, i think itl be more important how our fullbacks play than our center backs. bellamy, suarez kuyt downing could give a torrid time for either raylor or simpson. colo and willo will be fine, but i fear were going to be very vulnerable from out wide with pace and with the wide players  coming inside. they could potentially tear us inside out if they start with suarez and bellamy behind a main striker.

With our record at Anfield im not optimistic, but this team dont give up and maybe we can grab a draw.

Lucas is a huge loss for them, without him nobody to do proper defensive duties just behind midfield apart from Spearing, Adam is more attacking despite being in that position. With Adam there can hold possession better there. playing a 4-2-3-1 with Ba Vuckic and Ben Arfa all getting the ball in that area would be effective imo, (and Ba is going to cause problems whatever there)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

That 1-0 win in the league cup, Steve Watson's mazy run and 25 yard chip :lol: Ridiculous. No wonder we've not won there since.

Williamson had a shitter against Suarez back in May or whenever it was but the whole team except Jonas were pretty shite that day. Hopefully we can give them a better game this time and maybe even get a result

Horrible game last year. We might as well have not bothered turning up. Was quite literally Jonas versus the rest.

Remember a post-match interview with Gerrard after one of the 3-0's, probably 2006 or 2007 where he was asked the customary question wether it was a tough match or not. Usually players answer the just as customary "it's always hard when xxx is visiting, and they gave us some trouble yada yada", but he didn't even bother with that and just plain out said it was a really easy match in which they had total control from start to finish which seems to be the norm these days.

Not expecting any points in this. Downing will probably score since he hasn't done that this season, and is the player with most shots on target without scoring. Carroll will probably score as well.

As long as we don't bend over and let Liverpool do as they please, show some fight and score a goal I won't complain too much.

I don't like this. Liverpool appear to be creating a bucketload of chances but just not putting them away. Law of averages suggests that eventually, they'll start taking more of them. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens on Friday.

I am terribly pessimistic.

so we've got Tiote and Colo both on their 4th yellows going into this? could be a severe bumming at St James on Jan 4th

Invoke the spirit of David Edgar.

It's alreet we'll have all our new replacements then anyway : O0:

The good thing about this game is that we are playing on a friday before anyone else, and most teams in the league play on Saturday and then again monday, wereas we play on wednesday which means we can still play a full fit first team. The new year period dosn't effect us as much.