Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Liverpool are as short as 1/2 with many bookmakers for this, with us as long as 7/1. Yes yes, our record there is abysmal but still. One point between the teams, similar goal difference and we're coming off the back of an away win and them a home draw - against the worst team in the league. I do expect them to turn us over, but you'd think Liverpool were ace and us shite looking at those odds.

Yes we'll almost certainly lose but atleast we should be able to give them a game this time. Positives.....?

Tiote/Cabaye in midfield

Ba is on fire

Williamson back in defence

Ben Arfa coming into some form

As with the above comment I'm already resigned to losing this but strangely looking forward to this now probably because I'm not expecting anything from it. The pressure is squarely on them with their home form the way it's been.

There isn't a game this season I'd rather win.

sunderland at home?

Since we've already beaten them this season (and of course last season's 5-1), I think I'd prefer a 1-1 in the derby and a 1-0 win at Anfield, than a 1-1 at Anfield and 1-0 win at home to Sunderland this season...that's how much I hate this lot.

Yep, added to the fact the mackems will be nowhere near us at the end of the season and Liverpool are our rivals for 6th

Guest bimpy474

Suarez out of the game! :lol:

Ahhhh this will have outraged Scousers saying the FA have it in for him, he gestured because Fulham fans sung naughty songs at the diving cnut, Saurez should be allowed to gestured as he plays for Liverpool tbf.