Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Jonas has definitely annoyed me the most.

Had Vuckic five yards away and free just inside the box, screaming for the ball, and proceeded to force an extra dribble before then electing to force a cross instead, which of course hit Glen Johnson before rebounding back off him for a goal kick ... infuriating.

simpson  williamson  colo

taylor                                      santon

cabaye tiote vuckic

hba

ba

We're showing Lpool far too much respect to the point that we are making our own trouble. Downing is having a field day ffs. I really can't see anything other than Lpool winning this at a bit of a canter unless we start believing. I'd get HBA on but he will give away cheap possession in the middle of the park at some point whereas Oberton simply gives it away all of the time in less dangerous areas.

Come on.

The system isn't working. If you play 4-5-1, you've got to try to keep the ball on the deck, and we don't have the players to do that - particularly the full backs.

I don't know how bad Santon might be as a defender, but he can't do a worse job than Ryan Taylor at the moment.

Vuckic doesn't seem to have the pace or movement for that role. Not his fault that he's struggling. Hopefully we'll still be level by the time Ben Arfa comes on.

What? Of course we do. I agree that the full-backs aren't the best footballers on the pitch for us, but we've got a crux of players through the middle that should enable us to play a bit of carpet football. There have been some fleeting glances of it throughout, and we've looked infinitely more threatening.

I know what you mean, but a lot of attacking opportunities start with the full backs or at least involve them, and Simpson in particular just wants to hit it long or otherwise get rid of the ball.

I find Simpson so frustrating, in attack or defence. So scared of making a mistake that he misses the chance to do something positive.