Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Pardew's cowardly tactics transmitting to the players. We're playing against Jordan Henderson and Jay Spearing and look absolutely bloody terrified of them.

Nowt to do with the players in question being fundamentally bad?

so, I'm not watching it, just relying on internet info but ... 'shocking half from us' and comments like that ... its 1-1 at Anfield ...

Ok, we might be fortunate that we are still in it, but, I'm happy at the moment, would be happy if this was the end result, and we can change with our subs  - I'm sure after the Bolton game, Pardew will give Ben Arfa 30 mins at least - and sounds like Santon's on soon

bit more optimism justified ??

It was an okay containing performance, but continuing as we are is tantamount to waiting to leave with 0 points.

f*** sake vuckic, he's looking completely pedestrian, standing around looking lazier than stroller,

his touch is also very heavy, he looks completely out of his depth,  think the occasion has got the better of this lad because he's looking like a real turd at the moment.,

i can forgive lack of quality but not effort,  the boy needs to pull his socks up and i wont be surprised if he doesnt come back on second half,

honestly the boy runs of the field because the ball hit him on the side of the face,  had it hit him right on the end of his nose i can understand,  lily livered boy.

Don't really think it's Vuckic's fault to be honest.  The match is just clearly passing him by.

This has been a pretty crappy match from both sides.  We are severely lacking any kind of game here, it's just hoof and hope at this point.  We need some more control in the center of the park (ie: HBA for Vuckic) and try and get a hold of this game.  I think it's waiting for someone to do that.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tiote's done a very good job, looking a lot fitter and more mobile. Simpson, surprisingly as well. Much better defender than Raylor and should be with Santon on the flanks for now.

The system isn't working. If you play 4-5-1, you've got to try to keep the ball on the deck, and we don't have the players to do that - particularly the full backs.

I don't know how bad Santon might be as a defender, but he can't do a worse job than Ryan Taylor at the moment.

Vuckic doesn't seem to have the pace or movement for that role. Not his fault that he's struggling. Hopefully we'll still be level by the time Ben Arfa comes on.

Is it just me that thought that they looked toothless?

The game has played pretty much into our hands. We haven't attacked much, kept the midfield really tight and thus haven't given them many chances. We can now wait for them to become impatient in the second half and start to open it up.

Vuckic just needs too much time on the ball. He's not there yet. Ben Arfa needs to come on, and Santon too.

Guest VaVaVoom

Ben arfa on for Vuckic who has been poor. Stage is too much for him.

Santon on for Raylor who looks like a shitting dog and on a booking.

they press really well, for anyone who's not good on the ball it's causing problems. Vuckic himself is actually good on the ball but is being shown up today

Doesn't have enough time in this game, and hasn't got the pace/athleticism (atm). HBA is such a better option.

Aye. Vuckic's lack of pace has forced him to pass back down the field, essentially killing off any attacking movement we had going. We need a player like Ben Arfa on to capitalise on these opportunities.

Both sides have been unimpressive. If Ben Arfa and Santon get on whilst it's still a draw, think we'll nick it. Gerrard could be a problem though if he gets on before. Would be so freakin' predictable and annoying for him to come and "save the day". Stomach churning.

so, I'm not watching it, just relying on internet info but ... 'shocking half from us' and comments like that ... its 1-1 at Anfield ...

Ok, we might be fortunate that we are still in it, but, I'm happy at the moment, would be happy if this was the end result, and we can change with our subs  - I'm sure after the Bolton game, Pardew will give Ben Arfa 30 mins at least - and sounds like Santon's on soon

Oohh, I'm sure we're all delighted with the score at the moment, but the fact we've barely strung two passes together puts it into perspective.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is it just me that thought that they looked toothless?

The game has played pretty much into our hands. We haven't attacked much, kept the midfield really tight and thus haven't given them many chances. We can now wait for them to become impatient in the second half and start to open it up.

Vuckic just needs too much time on the ball. He's not there yet. Ben Arfa needs to come on, and Santon too.

I think they're very close to scoring, personally.

Why have we been persisting with this hoof-ball nonsense when it's been made absolutely clear that it's no good for us? We've got one man up top so the chances of getting the ball down are limited, and even if we do, he's all on his own and will lose it anyway. It's absolutely pointless.

People are probably right in saying that this isn't the game for Vuckic, but it's as much because we're not playing the right sort of football, as his nerves.

Frustrating. There's something in this for us because i haven't been impressed by Liverpool.

We can't string passes together. Obertan is having as bad a game as he's ever had. Vuckcic's eyes are gigantic right now. They look threatening every time they go forward.

We're being optimistic already, tbh.