Our wingers

Interpolic

Cannot stretch games and relieve pressure from our box; prefer to cut inside and play little one-two's with our midfield than attack the full backs; offer little goal scoring threat; have poor crossing ability; do not utilize their pace...

It goes on.  We need to make an investment if we want to progress.

We proved last year with Barton on the right that you don't actually need to be a winger as such to play there. Although at this point i'm just scraping for reasons to drop Obertan. I'd start Perch there over him tbh.

Both underperforming, so why the f*** ben arfa can't get a start on either side is beyond me now.

Remember when Souness was here and he said he wanted hard working wide men and not wingers?  It's the same now, Pardew has a perception that Jonas and Obertan are putting in a shift and he puts that above flair and creativity.

Both underperforming, so why the f*** ben arfa can't get a start on either side is beyond me now.

Remember when Souness was here and he said he wanted hard working wide men and not wingers?  It's the same now, Pardew has a perception that Jonas and Obertan are putting in a shift and he puts that above flair and creativity.

That can work if you have good full backs who overlap. Johnson and Enrique did it quite well for Liverpool today, whereas our two were too busy watching whether they were putting one foot in front of the other correctly in case they tripped themselves up.

My biggest gripe currently. Playing every game, we're halfway through the season and they have a combined total of 3 or 4 shots on target and what is it - two assists? Ben Arfa has demonstrated more end product than both in his limited appearances.