Newcastle United vs Man Utd - 04/01/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Amir_9

Upon reflection, I've decided that despite all my vain efforts to appear level-headed and rational, if Pardew does not start Ben Arfa and Santon today I'm going to throw a right hissy fit.

Don't forget to throw the rattle out of the pram. Always works a treat.

Upon reflection, I've decided that despite all my vain efforts to appear level-headed and rational, if Pardew does not start Ben Arfa and Santon today I'm going to throw a right hissy fit.

Thing is though, If Ferdinand doesn't make it and he plays Carrick centre half again with De Gea in goal we should really be bombarding them with high balls anyway.

Ben Arfa not starting is expected, Pardew's set his stall out on that one. Starting Raylor over Santon would be a worse decision imo, and would just chip away a little bit more at my faith in him.

I can't understand why support a team like Man U when you have your own club in the town you are from. I could never feel passion anywhere near I do for Newcastle for another team outside of the area.

Admittedly I am from Gateshead, however its not like 150-200 mile away.

I'm usually fairly optimistic, but really not looking forward to this. Them getting beat last time out by relegation favourites and needing a win to stay in touch with City, plus Rooney coming back with a point to prove, all points to a miserable night for us.

I can't understand why support a team like Man U when you have your own club in the town you are from. I could never feel passion anywhere near I do for Newcastle for another team outside of the area.

5354.81 :blush:

Man United fans are of course cunts, whatever place not named Manchester they may come from.

Man United fans are of course c***s, whatever place not named Manchester they may come from.

and of course there's a huge difference between being a plastic glory seeker and a masochistic idiot who voluntarily chooses to support NUFC.

Man United fans are of course c***s, whatever place not named Manchester they may come from.

and of course there's a huge difference between being a plastic glory seeker and a masochistic idiot who voluntarily chooses to support NUFC.

I love being able to pull the stupidity defense :lol:

"Glory Hunter? What Glory?"

Should really be using Cabaye tonight. Reckon Tiote and Cabaye can outplay their midfield (which is hard to predict, but I'm assuming it'll be Anderson and Park with Carrick centreback?)

When you talk about Tiote and Cabaye outplaying their midfield it's a fallacy IMO. Teams like Man U and Liverpool don't just have two players to dominate midfield, their defenders join in as well. Why do you think Liverpool took Enrique from us? We're left with their rejects in Simpson and Ryan Taylor. That's where the problem lies in that theory of outplaying them with football.

Should really be using Cabaye tonight. Reckon Tiote and Cabaye can outplay their midfield (which is hard to predict, but I'm assuming it'll be Anderson and Park with Carrick centreback?)

When you talk about Tiote and Cabaye outplaying their midfield it's a fallacy IMO. Teams like Man U and Liverpool don't just have two players to dominate midfield, their defenders join in as well. Why do you think Liverpool took Enrique from us? We're left with their rejects in Simpson and Ryan Taylor. That's where the problem lies in that theory of outplaying them with football.

I've noticed a few comments recently over a few games where people are confidently predicting our midfield will be better than theirs etc. but they have to get the ball and have options around them in order to succeed.

Watching the ball fly over their heads half the game doesn't realy increase their chances.

G

I love being able to pull the stupidity defense :lol:

"Glory Hunter? What Glory?"

Totally, I can't help who I support, but if I had no affiliation to the area I would only support if I had mental issues, this club ruins your life - only a game :)

de Gea

Smalling    Jones      Ferdinand    Evra

Valencia    Carrick    Anderson    Nani

Berbatov    Rooney

SUBS:

Lindegaard, Rafael, Park, Giggs, Young, Welbeck, Hernandez

:scared: