Newcastle United vs Man Utd - 04/01/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Amir_9

Guest VaVaVoom

Agreed Best has been poor but i still think he offers more than Strola like.

Really scary thought now that AP has sais we wont get a striker.

When Ba goes our 1st choice strikeforce is going to be Best and Strola with Lovenkrands, Sameobi and possibly Ranger in reserve.

Depressing really.

I guess it will be 4-4-2 with Sammy in for Obertan then one three to Partner Ba.

I know lots on here would like to see a 4-3-3 or some other creative system but Pardew has the issue of his system having to suit our squad and not just a starting 11. No point messing with things to much, keep the system simple but get your tactics right.

Whoever plays RM will need to be on their game as Evra is decent going forward, a lot better doing that at the moment than going the other way.

Sammy does have the pace and drive to back Evra up but I doubt Sammy has enough footballing nous to get the better of him.

Guest neesy111

Whoever plays RM will need to be on their game as Evra is decent going forward, a lot better doing that at the moment than going the other way.

If we want to be attacking then putting someone like Ben Arfa could prove to be very successful.  Evra has been poor defensively this season.

Guest VaVaVoom

If we want to be attacking then putting someone like Ben Arfa could prove to be very successful.  Evra has been poor defensively this season.

This.

Barfa and Jonas on the wings. HAS to be!

Santon for Raylor, Ben Arfa for Oberwank should be the two changes. Vuckic should be given another game and see if having players with technical ability can cut it. Pardew may as well, we have been awful the last 6 games. May as well try and attack them

In the past its always been Scholes or Soljchar who's made the difference. They dont have these players this time. We're at home, I say we have a go and grab a win. 2-1 to us. Ba and Ben arfa.

Who's this Slovenian?

Quite worried we are going to start with Vuckic and Sammy ahead of Ben Arfa. Sammy in particular shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11.

Ben Arfa has to start, either left wing or up top with Ba. Now that we got rid of Obertan there's two spots open in the first eleven and it's simply outrageous if HBA doesn't start.

Guest neesy111

Who did he rest on Saturday?

Rooney, Gibson and possibly Evans as carrick played centre half.

Didn't rest them.  They were all dropped tbh.