Newcastle United vs Man Utd - 04/01/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Amir_9

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081867/Newcastle-fight-Cheik-Tiote-Demba-Ba.html

Former Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan may have an injection today so he can face his former club. As Sportsmail revealed, Obertan has suffered a recurrence of a toe injury which ruled him out for two games earlier in the season.

Anyone would think he was indisposable.

I've been thinking for a moment what the worst-case scenario starting lineup would be

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Raylor

Obertan Cabye Tiote Jonas

Ameobi Ba

I'll be screaming bloody murder if he actually picks this :lol:

I've been thinking for a moment what the worst-case scenario starting lineup would be

Krul

Ameobi Ba

I am fairly certain that will be the line up tho lol, except Best for Ameobi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081867/Newcastle-fight-Cheik-Tiote-Demba-Ba.html

Former Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan may have an injection today so he can face his former club. As Sportsmail revealed, Obertan has suffered a recurrence of a toe injury which ruled him out for two games earlier in the season.

Anyone would think he was indisposable.

Annoyed me the way Pardew kept defending him saying he has been injured. He missed 2 games for god sake and it was ages ago.

Krul

Ameobi Ba

Best instead of Shola and that will be the team

If Oberturd is not quite fit enough to start then Sammy down the right is what it will be

All this in the press about HBA could make Pards not play him, not as a punishment but so Pards can show the media will not have an effect on how he manages players.

More harm than good either way.

Hope we can put in a decent performance tonight.

Obertan might want to prove himself against his old employers, injections hanging out his legs to help him through the pain, etc.

Would be astonished if he starts santon or Ben arfa.I think pards will come out of it pretty badly if he keeps saying arfa is not fit when he's clearly a better option than best,shops,loven,Sammy and obertan right now.personally if dropping Simpson and obertan is an impossibility for pardew I'd go with ferguson and santon on the left very soon,maybe not tonight with Valencia though