Newcastle United 3 - 0 Man Utd - 04/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

What does everyone think of the penalty incident ? I know it hardly matters now like :lol:

It was a penalty. That takes care of the OT one, then.

I loved how the commentators were immediately using that decision to justify Webb not giving last night's :lol: :doh: would have been livid if it had cost us a la Chelsea.

Good read. Ringing endorsments for Tiote,Williamson and surprisingly Shola.

Shola's are hardly a ringing endorsment, like.

OK, but still a lot more analytical praise than he ever gets around this place.

Ameobi was paired up against Phil Jones and used his experience and extra height to his advantage. Jones couldn’t compete with Ameobi in the air and lost all but one of his five aerial duels with the Newcastle striker – including the aerial challenge that led to the first goal for Demba Ba

I'm sure every one of Valencia's thrown ins were foul throws

I'm starting to think that isn't even a rule anymore. Almost half of all throws I see look foul to me but I can't remember the last one I saw given.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Our goals had nothing to do with how Man United played apart from the third which was just hilarious.

I'm starting to think that isn't even a rule anymore. Almost half of all throws I see look foul to me but I can't remember the last one I saw given.

mentioned this in the pet hates thread ages ago, i honestly think they've just given up on the rule

I noticed that they were foul throws not only for the way he threw it, but also he was often stood a good few inches over the line!

Guest neesy111

I noticed that they were foul throws not only for the way he threw it, but also he was often stood a good few inches over the line!

The vast majority of linesman's just follow what the referee does.

ZonalMarking's piece on the game: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/01/05/newcastle-united-tactics/

Oh man, I really really wish I was there at the match. The atmosphere sounded exceptional. What i liked most was that we didn't win via smash and grab - we completely annihilated them from start to finish. I doubt i'll ever see us play better than that, it was near perfection. I've even used the Chronicle front cover as a poster on my wall ;D

Don't care if it makes us sound 'small time' - I really hope the club releases this as a DVD.

What does everyone think of the penalty incident ? I know it hardly matters now like :lol:

It was a penalty. That takes care of the OT one, then.

Not a chance. It unbalances it again, what with Shearer being hacked down by Howard in 03/04.