Newcastle 2 - 1 Blackburn (FA Cup) - 07/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Dave

Guest Heneage

having listened to the abject commentary on radio tyneside, i couldn't help wondering who on earth i was listening to spouting such inconsequential guff. i happened upon the meet the team page on their website, and was impressed to find myself confronted with some of the ugliest, f***ed up and mad heads ever seen outside an obertan family reunion.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9682/86232688.png

He works with my girlfriend. That is all.

I went to Uni with him. Nice guy.

How the f*** did they deserve more? They were trying to run down the clock in the first half ffs. Their keeper was embarrassing with his time wasting too.

Blackburn definitely did not deserve more. Kean's tactics were shocking especially the one which involved their keeper kicking it to the player on their left side, be it from a goal kick or a free kick (which 9 times out of 10 went out for a throw in anyway).

Guest Howaythetoon

We made hard work of it but fully deserved the win. We didn't particularly play well as a side but I put that down to the team-selection and original tactics. That and the useless Obertan who needs dropped not just for our own sake but his too. I sat in the East Stand and his substitution drew huge applause. When he was on the pitch and made a mistake the East Stand jeered him.

Shola changed the game for me, he gave us something Best didn't, a presence up front. This and swicthing Ben Arfa to the right wing. This gave us a 4-4-2 formation and that's what we suit best. With Ben Arfa playing the so-called number 10 role in the first-half the midfield behind him sat deep, too deep. This gave Blackburn too much time and space on the ball. By removing Arfa from that role our midfield stepped up the pitch a few yards and we started to assert ourselves on the game. Cabaye critical to this, he had a really good game.

Defensively we cause ourselves problems at times but we were strong enough. Best badly needs a goal and so does Ameobi who snatched at a glorious chance. Although his general play was pretty good.

Bringing on Ryan Taylor also helped us as his deliveries were much better and when he had the chance to cross he did. Obertan constantly failed to get a cross in.

Jonas worked his socks off and was hit and miss but they simply couldn't cope with his constant running and it paid dividends in the end with his winner. Ben Arfa's goal set the ball rolling though, what a strike.

Pardew made the right choices with his subs but his team selection and inital tactics was wrong in my eyes and it is becoming far too common. Luckily Blackburn were poor and were content to sit back after 40 minutes. he was also lucky we scored such a wonder goal because up until then Blackburn were quite comfortable despite our possession and good positions. We were very wasteful. Shola and Cabaye in the first half for example.

The crowd were quite good though, staying with the side and creating a decent enough atmosphere. Althere there were select boos at half-time.

We are through to the next round though and one or two players might have made the manager think twice with regards to his next team selection.

Special mention to Simpson, he was superb first-half and I really liked his aggressive up and at 'em type defending, nicking teh ball severa times and going on rampaging runs, often doing the work in an attacking sense of Obertan who was again absolutely absymal.

Krul - 6. Did alright. Looked like he probably should've done better with the goal but need to see it again.

Simpson - 6. Non-descript.

Williamson - 7. Shaky first half. Dominant second.

Coloccini - 8. Coloccini-like.

Santon - 7. Got forward well and has some great touches, but i think that side of the pitch suffers from having two right-footers.

Obertan - 2. God awful. Utterly hopeless.

Cabaye - 7. Dictated the play.

Abeid - 5. Thought he was pretty over-awed tbh. Few dodgy touches but he growed into it. Promising young player.

Jonas - 7. Useful performance, an improvement on recent weeks. Lovely finish.

Best - 6. Gets an extra point for great hold-up play for the winner, but all in all was very wasteful.

HBA - 9. Wonderful second-half performance from the wing.

Subs:

Shola - 7. Worked well when he came on. Missed a sitter which you'd expect him to bury 9 times out of 10. We improved when he came on.

Raylor - 7. Really useful.

Guest Slarth

Does anyone know what time the highlights show will be on ITV at tonight? Dying to see the goals! Cheers.

22:45 ITV1

Credit to Pards for the subs today. Not just bringing on Shola who played well, but bringing on Raylor who offers more than Simpson going forward. The difference between the two halves was Simpson/Obertan being replaced by Raylor/HBA. Santon and Jonas were good first half and great second. Best was poor but did well to set up Jonas at the death. Two great goals and a string of misses but this was only Blackburn reserves.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Does anyone know what time the highlights show will be on ITV at tonight? Dying to see the goals! Cheers.

We'll most likely be on just before 12.

Btw anyone who either (a) booed at ht or (b) ironically cheered when Obertan went off, please do us all a favour and never come back to SJP.

Had a few of those idiots near me in the Leazes Upper.

Guest Slarth

Guy on ITV news said it starts at 11:30?

Sky says otherwise 22:45. Can't believe i'm waiting this long for 2 goals :lol:

EDIT: It's starting now :)