Newcastle United vs. QPR - 15/01/12 @ 1.30pm (live on Sky) Pre-match.

Amir_9

Guest bimpy474

QPR had their takeover and got all their new players in just before we played them last time. They had their tails up and we did well to get a 0 - 0 draw. Now they sack Warnock just before they play us. Just our luck! Hopefully they won't have a new manager in before they play us.

The key thing is most of their top players are out.

SWP is probably the best player they have left and so far he hasn't set the world alight at QPR.

Not least because the box of matches are on the top shelf at home.

:huff:

QPR had their takeover and got all their new players in just before we played them last time. They had their tails up and we did well to get a 0 - 0 draw. Now they sack Warnock just before they play us. Just our luck! Hopefully they won't have a new manager in before they play us.

SWP is probably the best player they have left and so far he hasn't set the world alight at QPR.

That was poor.

:lol: :lol: I admire the effort Neil.

warcock has always been a limited manager, the fact that the other day he came out and said he needed 5 or more new players to keep QPR up pretty much sealed his fate.

does swansea and norwich need another 5 new players to stay up?  well at least their manager are not crying out in demands.

warcock need 5 more players because he brought the wrong ones in the summer,  simple as. 

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Santon

Jonas      Cabaye    Abeid      Ben Arfa

Shola        Best

This.

No idea why people have Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing. Gutiérrez and Santon can keep building on their partnership on the left flank... and Ben Arfa had a good game and scored from the right wing against Blackburn.

1. we can't rely on Ben Arfa and Jonas to score every game

2. We need to make space for the two up front, we can do this by playing wingers on their natural sides, opening pitch up

3. We need to get crosses in for the two up front, our best chance of this is having the wingers on their natural sides

4. Santon's a better defender than Danny Simpson, Jonas can protect Simpson on the right.

Krul

Shola        Best

This.

No idea why people have Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing. Gutiérrez and Santon can keep building on their partnership on the left flank... and Ben Arfa had a good game and scored from the right wing against Blackburn.

2. We need to make space for the two up front, we can do this by playing wingers on their natural sides, opening pitch up

3. We need to get crosses in for the two up front, our best chance of this is having the wingers on their natural sides

4.Best has proven he can score goals just when hes second fiddle he is in different areas to where he will be able to, its no coincidence he isnt scoring, its just hes asked to do the donkey work now.

The fact they have sacked everyone means they will have a new man in charge on Saturday

That's what I was thinking, no chairman in their right mind will sack their entire management team without someone coming in immediately after.

Guest MrSundlofer

Krul

Shola        Best

This.

4. Santon's a better defender than Danny Simpson, Jonas can protect Simpson on the right.

I still have no idea why people have Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing.

We must play Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing because we can't rely on them to score every game?  :lol:

As far as I am aware, Jonás natural position is on the left wing. Just because a player is right footed he should play on the right wing? He's not a classic winger running down the flank and creating crosses to our strikers. And he has played in this position all season. His natural position is not on the right wing.

Davide Santon is a very attacking left back = will be supported by Jonás to cover for him when he makes forward runs and is out of position.

Danny Simpson is a very defensive right back = no need for Jonás to cover for him.

Hatem Ben Arfa will from his right wing position cut inside a lot. That's his style of play. You can't put him on the left wing and expect him to create crosses for our strikers all game long!

However, I agree we need to create crosses for our strikers (Ameobi, Best) but putting Ben Arfa on the left wing and Jonás on the right wing won't solve anything!

Guest VaVaVoom

Krul

Shola        Best

This.

Very valid point like.

I agree on both sides, as it is though i think we have a good thing going with Jonas and Santon down the left and should Ben Arfa start on the right then him cuttin inside onto his left foot is a real weapon.

Guest VaVaVoom

Reckon QPR will have a new man in for Sunday? I'd of thought so like...Could be bad news as we have so often seen clubs having a surge of good form following the appointment of a new manager.

Still...We are by far and away a better side and with 3 wins in our last 4 we will be in good confidence at home.

Guest Heneage

Still think this game is winnable. Even if they get the new man in just before the game, I don't see a great deal of quality in their side.

Guest VaVaVoom

We'll win comfortably I reckon. No Tiote in CM may be a blessing with their dogshit midfield. Doubt they'll see much of the ball if Cabaye and Guthrie are on form.

Agreed.

Guthrie back in training thmora so he should be back. If not then its another run out for Abeid then.

:bruce: Y U NO HIRE ME QPR?!

Sadly, I can see them getting Hughes in before the game on Sunday although I still think we'll manage to sneak a win. If Warnock was in charge I'd be confident of winning by a couple tbh.