Newcastle United vs. QPR - 15/01/12 @ 1.30pm (live on Sky) Pre-match.

Amir_9

would much rather we had a defensive mid there to allow Cabaye to get further up the pitch.

We don't have one, though. Plus, Cabaye would be far better with a box-to-box CM partner - not that I'm suggesting Vuckic fully fits that description.

Abeid played the role well last Saturday.

Didn't see the game, mate. I'm assuming you did, but I haven't really seen anything from Abeid that suggests he's a relatively accomplished 'defensive mid'.

Indeed I did, Abeid looked good to me. He played it simple which allowed Cabaye to push up and be more of an influence in the game. Don't think Abeid is ready to face the better teams yet but I think he'll be fine against QPR (and similar).

Lash Perchy in there.

Watching this with a QPR fan. My record of watching the game with a fan of the other club in 2011. Man U at home 0-0, Arsenal at home 0-0 and Swansea at home 0-0.

Clearly going to be 0-0?

If I had any money, and I don't, I'd whack some on us to win by exactly 1 goal @ 5/2 and Ben Arfa to score in a win for us @ 3/1.

Can see it being really, really tight and frustrating man - Ba's got so many of our goals this season and we don't have a good record against Mark Hughes sides.

We should not be losing this one. They are missing their most influential players, we are at home and we have our confidence back after a really difficult period.

The loss of Ba is immense but with HBA and Cabaye we have enough creativity to give the likes of Strolla and Best the numerous chances they need to find the net. We should be able to score three at least.

We may concede one tho. HH if he plays is f..king good in the air!

(Yet there is a wee nagging thought : We have the ability to win games that we are meant to lose and lose games we are meant to win)

Didn't see the game, mate. I'm assuming you did, but I haven't really seen anything from Abeid that suggests he's a relatively accomplished 'defensive mid'.

Indeed I did, Abeid looked good to me. He played it simple which allowed Cabaye to push up and be more of an influence in the game. Don't think Abeid is ready to face the better teams yet but I think he'll be fine against QPR (and similar).

Honestly couldn't work out where Abeid was meant to be playing on Saturday. He was shaky in the first half, but moved a good ten yards ahead of Cabaye in the second, which worked well with Yohan sitting back and supplying from deep.

If it's gonna be one of Vuckic or Abeid alongside Cabaye on Sunday, it'd be Vuckic every time for me. Hope Guthrie's fully fit though tbh.

Honestly couldn't work out where Abeid was meant to be playing on Saturday. He was shaky in the first half, but moved a good ten yards ahead of Cabaye in the second, which worked well with Yohan sitting back and supplying from deep.

If it's gonna be one of Vuckic or Abeid alongside Cabaye on Sunday, it'd be Vuckic every time for me. Hope Guthrie's fully fit though tbh.

Well, the best case scenario is Guthrie being fully fit but I honestly doubt he'll be ready for QPR (might see him on the bench though).

SSN making sure everyone knows this game is on TV. I wouldn't put it past them that Sky pressured QPR to sack Warnock in order for them to get more coverage on the game after Barton was banned.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/203/685/conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003

Guthrie is fit for this game. :thup:

“I should be fine for QPR, I returned to full training on Tuesday and will get a good few days in. I had a really good two weeks with the medical staff, who have been brilliant.

“I have done a mini pre-season really so on that front I’m fine.”

Guthrie isn't the most dynamic player, but if he plays like he did before his injury i think he's a brilliant and very underated player. Like him very much.

Agreed. Before his injury he was getting around the park and closing down well. Also seemed to have a good understanding with Cabaye.

Agree Ronaldo, better player with the ball at his feet than Tiote, and against QPR who probably will be forced to have all men behind the ball.

Agree with this.

Krul

Simpson Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Cabaye    Guthrie

HBA          Vuckic        Jonas

Best

Agree Ronaldo, better player with the ball at his feet than Tiote, and against QPR who probably will be forced to have all men behind the ball.

Agree with this.

Krul

Simpson Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Cabaye    Guthrie

HBA          Vuckic        Jonas

Best

I'd like that, keep the ball well and carve them open rather than launch towards Shola.

Yeah, we should definitely move away from the formation and system that has won us the last two games.

Well we are missing the two players that were key to that system in Ba and Tiote. Plus I dont like to see Ameobi starting, so Id only start with one striker.