The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

I've been saying this for a while, I think Liverpool are actually quite good. Good and settled back five, hard-working midfield, and sooner or later they are going to start scoring goals. If they pick up a direct, dynamic centre-forward in the summer they will be there or thereabouts.

Can you imagine if the whole Man U team had turned their back on Saurez during the handshake.  :lol:

They should have, really.

Can't believe the league didn't do away with that ceremonial for today.

I've been saying this for a while, I think Liverpool are actually quite good. Good and settled back five, hard-working midfield, and sooner or later they are going to start scoring goals. If they pick up a direct, dynamic centre-forward in the summer they will be there or thereabouts.

Someone like Demba Ba, or Cisse.....

Well quite, that was my subtext.

Well played by Wellbeck there, but overhit the pass.

"Racist b******"

:lol:

Who said that?

I'm sure the Man Utd fans were doing the Suarez song but substituting it for racist b******

I hope they keep it up all match :lol:

If only Valencia had that bit of a left foot.

He's one of some players who only use one foot and will never try having a go with the weaker foot.

He's the quintessential one-sided winger. Was like that at Villarreal (one of the reasons he didn't make it, La Liga wingers need a modicum of ability with both feet), and hasn't improved that aspect of his game at ManU (despite blossoming into a good player).

Well quite, that was my subtext.

I disagree, tbh. They're like a higher calibre Birmingham (under McLeish, that is). Their defence isn't outstanding (it has Glen Johnson ffs :lol:), but because their midfield is so defence-minded, you'd never know it. They'd need a top, top striker (as in Aguero-level) to get them good enough going forwards to compete at the top because their midfield doesn't have as much creativity as they need IMO.