NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Who did the new French correspondent for TalkSport just say would be good for us/Everton rather than the elite of the EPL? Just caught the tail end... From Montpellier i think... Also said NUFC have helped raise the profile of the French players and have been looking at Belhanda also of Montpellier...

Who did the new French correspondent for TalkSport just say would be good for us/Everton rather than the elite of the EPL? Just caught the tail end... From Montpellier i think... Also said NUFC have helped raise the profile of the French players and have been looking at Belhanda also of Montpellier...

Is that Auclair?

Can't see us signing Belhanda, got the impression he was off to PSG? We can't compete wage wise.

...and have been looking at Belhanda also of Montpellier...

An excellent player. We'd have tough competition from the big boys though.

Yes he said as much with Liverpool being very keen with both KD and SC spotted at a recent match to watch him... Just wondered who the other player he was talking about was at the start of the interview?...

Is that Auclair?

Can't see us signing Belhanda, got the impression he was off to PSG? We can't compete wage wise.

No it wasn't Auclair... Was a new French guy but didn't catch his name...

Managed to find the segment again online and found out it was Giroud but just speculation nothing concrete... The guy (Julian) writes for the Parisian

You can register for 3 clubs... but only play for 2, over the course of a season. Stoke went in for Lukaku and then realised he cant play for them.

Once this season is over... Madrid would have full lisence to buy him and play him (I think).

When my local team GIF Sundsvall signed Tom Kåre Staurvik in 2002 he had already played for 2clubs that year so GIF Sundsvall had to get a special permit for him..

Guest palnese

You can register for 3 clubs... but only play for 2, over the course of a season. Stoke went in for Lukaku and then realised he cant play for them.

Once this season is over... Madrid would have full lisence to buy him and play him (I think).

When my local team GIF Sundsvall signed Tom Kåre Staurvik in 2002 he had already played for 2clubs that year so GIF Sundsvall had to get a special permit for him..

Had some power in his shots.

Would be a cracking signing, wont be possible if we dont get CL mind.

The French journalist claimed Liverpool were in the driving seat for Belhanda...

The French journalist claimed Liverpool were in the driving seat for Belhanda...

No they're in the driving seat for bell ends

Every player has a price but surely even Mike Ashley can't sell off half the Toon's team?

he vultures are circling around Papiss Cissse, Demba Ba, Cheick Tiote, Tim Krul... but you can't play a pile of bank notes on the right wing

Newcastle are battling to hold on to **insert name** as high-flying **insert club** prepare to tempt Mike Ashley with **insert price**.

Expect this to be one of the most written, or spoken, sentences in football reporting this summer.

It has started already.

Real Madrid are watching 13-goals-in-13-games striker Papiss Cisse.

Italian champions Juventus are eyeing Hatem Ben Arfa.

Any number of clubs are looking at triggering the £7 million release clause that will spring Demba Ba away from Tyneside with, allegedly, half that fee in his pocket.

Chelsea are mulling over a bid for Tim Krul. And Cheick Tiote.

The price of Newcastle having such an unexpectedly superb season is that scouts, coaches and directors of football from around Europe will be having a serious look at plundering their squad.

To have such clubs eyeing your players is a bonus and a peril. Who wants a squad full of players that no one wants to buy? It just means a place that is stagnating, and a club lumbered with assets that are depreciating.

Instead Newcastle have a team whose value has soared this season, and in the world of hard nosed business that owner Mike Ashley operated in, that is good news.

While I do not trust Ashley to keep the entire team together - I most certainly do trust him, and MD Derek Llambias, to extract maximum dollar from the vultures, should they decide the price is right, and the wages on offer elsewhere, unmatchable.

And while the big stars attract the speculation, and more minor heroes like Danny Simpson and Danny Guthrie (Aston Villa bound?) are also touted for moves, the fact is Newcastle can't possibly sell half their side even if Ashley is tempted by a possible £60 million windfall.

So who is ripe for the picking, and who is likely to stay for a while longer?

Demba Ba: Buy-out clause

Getty

The future of Ba must be most in doubt. That release clause, plus the chance of a huge lump sum, and with 16 goals to his name, means there will be a few ready to take a punt.

Ba has not scored since early February, and since his fellow Senegal team mate Cisse arrived, has been shunted out to the left in a 4-2-3-1 formation for several games.

Equal favourite to go is Tiote. He has had two excellent seasons. He has added up to £15 million to the £3.5 million Newcastle paid FC Twente. He is the sort of indestructible holding midfielder Chelsea must crave. Although they are not in the Champions' League, wages of £5 million a year would be ample compensation.

Newcastle have played a blinder with keeper Krul. At the start of the season Pardew took the gamble of axing experienced Steve Harper and trusting the Dutch youngster with the No1 spot.

He has excelled. That tough choice by Pardew was as much about asset building as keeping prowess. Krul, with few senior games under his belt, was probably worth £1 million a year ago. Now he could be worth up to £10 million, after becoming one of the keepers of the season.

Tim Krul: Cech replacement?

Getty

Quite why Chelsea would want to ditch Petr Cech yet (especially after his heroics against Barcelona) is a mystery, but if a new manager wants to build a younger side then Krul is the man you'd turn to.

Just look at how Ben Arfa's value has doubled or perhaps trebled since United bought turned his loan move from Marseille into a permanent deal while he was out with a double leg break. A £5 million buy turned into a £15 million asset?

I don't believe that Cisse has been at Newcastle long enough for them to sell. If a player has done a couple of years and the price is right, the timing is better. But not six months in to a five year deal. Well, unless Real Madrid do put £30 million on the table - for surely that is his goal of the season getting value now.

In an ideal world Newcastle would be adding to a Europa League-bound squad (at least) to be ready for a potential 55 game-plus season.

But the reality is that they will be under pressure, and fighting off interest all summer. We hear United want to solve the Ba problem by raising his wages and getting rid of the release clause, which is encouraging, if the player accepts.

Speculation will continue until the end of August, and all on Tyneside, will hope that the squad remains largely in tact at that point.

In fact if I was a Premier League rival I would look at plundering Newcastle as a must. Not only do you get a good player, but you also help dismantle a squad that has is now guaranteed a brilliant 5th place finish in the Premier League after Chelsea lost on Tuesday night. That's a double whammy.

Cheick Tiote: in-demand 

All this talk about asset building, and multi-million pound players is far from romantic, but it is what the football world amounts to. Big, ruthless, hard nosed business. Ashley and Llambias are tough negotiators, and if one or two do leave, the buying clubs will be paying top whack.

As one Newcastle fanzine once astutely pointed out, (when James Milner was sold for big money to Aston Villa) you can't play a pile of bank notes on the right wing.

But every player at every club has a price, and come calling to Newcastle and that price will perilously high.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-column-papiss-cissse-demba-825081

Guest Realist

It's been a smashing season but do not labor under the delusion anyone is untouchable with this lot.  Or that there's no way they would take the team two steps back by asset stripping and trousering the cash, especially given their tendency towards self inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet when it comes to all things football.

That thread from a few days back about keeping 4 players might seem like wishful thinking by the end of it all. 

I think they've moved beyond putting the team's future at risk for purely financial reasons. Obviously we will sell a player if a crazy offer comes in, but it will be backed up with scouting solid replacements.

Not saying I'll be happy if people leave, but I don't think it will be done with wild abandon because Mike is seeing pound signs.

I dont think Arsenal will go after Hoilett, they have enough wide players as it is and Sunderland are just shit.....

If those teams are the only ones with concrete interest then we only have Spurs to worry about IMO and for both us and Spurs he would'nt be guareenteed first team football so it depends on his personal choice imo.

Cant help but LOL that Sunderland think they have a chance at competing with us, Spurs and Arsenal tho :lol: