NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Linked with Azpilicueta as well, or it could be from some random french site. Googled earlier today.

Are we going to sign a player whose name I can actually fucking say?

Fuck off to Sunderland if you want shit like that marra!

Linked with Azpilicueta as well, or it could be from some random french site. Googled earlier today.

Are we going to sign a player whose name I can actually f***ing say?

Good

How did he get on last season? IIRC the season before he had a poor one so if he has underperformed again that's a hell of a lot for a full back who hasn't really played well for two years. It's more than Lille apparently want for Debuchy isn't it?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120705/arsenal-warned-newcastle-star-will-cost-them-%C2%A320m-175907

Arsenal warned Newcastle star will cost them £20m

By Warren Haughton | Thursday, July 5, 2012

Arsenal are keen on Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote, but refuse to stump up £20million.

Tiote, who joined Newcastle from Dutch side FC Twente in 2010 for a bargain £3.5million, has earned rave reviews in the North East and signed a new long-term deal last year.

That tied him to St James' Park to 2017 but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger still hopes to land Tiote as he attempts to appease unrest among the Emirates faithful, who are set to see another star in Robin Van Persie leave the club this summer.

The North London side, however, will have to move quickly steal a march on Manchester United and Chelsea, who are also on the trail of the Ivory Coast star.

Chelsea are long-time admirers of Tiote, while it’s been an open secret that Sir Alex Ferguson has been looking to add to his midfield options.

All three clubs have baulked at the £20m price tag placed on him but Arsenal hope to tempt Newcastle into selling him for a much lower figure.

And how would they do that? By offering sexual favours?

What a pathetic article.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120705/arsenal-warned-newcastle-star-will-cost-them-%C2%A320m-175907

Arsenal are keen on Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote, but refuse to stump up £20million.

Tiote, who joined Newcastle from Dutch side FC Twente in 2010 for a bargain £3.5million, has earned rave reviews in the North East and signed a new long-term deal last year.

That tied him to St James' Park to 2017 but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger still hopes to land Tiote as he attempts to appease unrest among the Emirates faithful, who are set to see another star in Robin Van Persie leave the club this summer.

The North London side, however, will have to move quickly steal a march on Manchester United and Chelsea, who are also on the trail of the Ivory Coast star.

Chelsea are long-time admirers of Tiote, while it’s been an open secret that Sir Alex Ferguson has been looking to add to his midfield options.

All three clubs have baulked at the £20m price tag placed on him but Arsenal hope to tempt Newcastle into selling him for a much lower figure.

What a pathetic article.

They'll hoy in a player they don't want any more as part of the deal. 

:lol:

Maybe they're going to draft Dr Evil in to negotiate on their behalf. 'One million dollars!'

Get on the blower to Arsene, he might pay you to be mini-me.

:spit:

Ringpiece. :lol:

I'd feel ecstatic that a team such as Arsenal would come in for Tiote.

In fact, I'd be so in awe and inspired, I'd be happy for us to sell him to them for a lot less than what he's worth in the current market.

I'd feel ecstatic that a team such as Arsenal would come in for Tiote.

In fact, I'd be so in awe and inspired, I'd be happy for us to sell him to them for a lot less than what he's worth in the current market.

:thup: me too

What a pathetic article.

They'll hoy in a player they don't want any more as part of the deal.

Ok we'll take RVP  :laugh:

If all three clubs baulked at £20mill, I'd be asking them why the hell they wanted him.

Do you think Carr and co still rate Gervinho despite his shite first season and comb-over fringe that begins from the back of his neck?

Guest Recoba

Would we go back for Gameiro, considering how much we wanted him last summer, as he is reportedly on his way out of PSG?  I have seen Valencia linked again this summer, although if I remember right they couldn't afford him last summer.

Guest Recoba

Ricky van Wolfswinkel would be my choice.

Sporting were always a selling club think Ronaldo, Viana, Quaresma, Moutinho.  Then last summer they signed van Wolswinkel and Diego Capel from Seville and Schaars from Alkamaar for a kings ransom, in Portuguese terms.  Do they have a new owner or something, and would they sell van Wolfswinkel at a price Mike would like?

Would we go back for Gameiro, considering how much we wanted him last summer, as he is reportedly on his way out of PSG?  I have seen Valencia linked again this summer, although if I remember right they couldn't afford him last summer.

Gameiro can lick my balls, he had his chance with us.  Plus from what I've seen/heard of him I don't think he'd play particularly well with Cisse, although I could be wrong.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Ricky van Wolfswinkel would be my choice.

Sporting were always a selling club think Ronaldo, Viana, Quaresma, Moutinho.  Then last summer they signed van Wolswinkel and Diego Capel from Seville and Schaars from Alkamaar for a kings ransom, in Portuguese terms.  Do they have a new owner or something, and would they sell van Wolfswinkel at a price Mike would like?

They were beginning to fall further behind Porto and Benfica, plus there's now the challenge of Braga, so they took a gamble on getting a big loan in order to bring a few players in. They still won nowt and have fans complaining because the club's now in debt.