NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I still think that if we added another striker, Shola would still be on the bench and would still play most games.

Sad but true, Jonas likewise. Not sure what the deal is, did anyone see Pardew with Jonas after...he seemed to be consoling Jonas hugging him tight and whispering sweet nothings into his ear... either Jonas is going through a rough spell off the pitch or he really is Pardews favorite. Looked almost odd to me.. doing that with Colo would have made sense.

I think it was because Jonas wasn't meant to start, until Marv got injured. Jonas would have been p*ssed off, just a bit of man management for the Pards.

Plus Jonas lost his rag two or three times during the game. Probably trying to calm him down. But aye, he's shit.

I still think that if we added another striker, Shola would still be on the bench and would still play most games.

Sad but true, Jonas likewise. Not sure what the deal is, did anyone see Pardew with Jonas after...he seemed to be consoling Jonas hugging him tight and whispering sweet nothings into his ear... either Jonas is going through a rough spell off the pitch or he really is Pardews favorite. Looked almost odd to me.. doing that with Colo would have made sense.

I think it was because Jonas wasn't meant to start, until Marv got injured. Jonas would have been p*ssed off, just a bit of man management for the Pards.

Plus Jonas lost his rag two or three times during the game. Probably trying to calm him down. But aye, he's shit.

Also it was an epic result and Jonas was involved in a vital clearance at the end.

Plus Jonas lost his rag two or three times during the game. Probably trying to calm him down. But aye, he's s***.

Also it was an epic result and Jonas was involved in a vital clearance at the end.

If Villa had pulled it back and we hadn't won from leading at half time yet again-especially against Villa- then confidence would have been rock bottom again and Pardew's job would have been seriously on the line. Jonas' clearance may have saved his job. I'm sure he did similar with the whole team, just the camera's didn't show it all

Chronicle says we'll learn from last summer by getting 5 or 6 in next time. We wait until not being in Europe to finally get a squad big enough!

Article:

Newcastle's next new faces already being planned

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jan 31 2013

NEWCASTLE UNITED have already moved on to the next phase of their recruitment drive after what has been hailed as a successful transfer window by Alan Pardew.

Pardew now believes that the dressing room spirit is “greater” than at any other time of his 100-game tenure after an injection of new blood this month has resulted in part two of the season being dubbed The French Revolution by fans.

The Chronicle understands that United’s quest to add to their ranks this summer is already under way with their scouting network already assigned on missions in the coming months in France, Belgium and Holland.

United are already looking to the next window and unlike last summer, it is thought that Mike Ashley intends to bolster the squad with five or six signings for next season.

That would take the year’s list of additions up to 11 players.

Near the top of that list is Ajax skipper Siem de Jong, but United will also bolster their attacking options with another striker with Nile Ranger set to be moved on and Spaniard Xisco also heading for the St James’ Park exit.

But for now Pardew will work with his rejuvenated squad for the last 14 games of the Premier League campaign and try to push on to the latter stages of the Europa League.

The final day of the January transfer window today was a far cry from the summer’s last day of trading, when frustrated Geordie fans felt the squad wasn’t strong enough to compete in both Europe and on the domestic front.

Their worst fears were confirmed but United moved quickly this month to bring in Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Moussa Sissoko, Yoan Gouffran and Massadio Haidara. It means they will finish the window as one of the league’s biggest spenders.

A delighted Pardew told the Chronicle today: “There’s great unity and the feeling amongst them in the dressing room was as great a feeling as I can remember at Newcastle, if I’m honest.

“These players weren’t brought in to take the plaudits.

“They’re here to help. That’s what they’re here for.

“They’re not here to save us – they’re here to help.”

However, Pardew feels that keeping Fabricio Coloccini on board and the contributions of some of his stalwarts will be the key to success in the second half of the season.

He said: “The real ones who are going to save us are Coloccini, Taylor, Krul and Shola Ameobi.

“They’re the ones that know how this club works.

“These guys came in and helped us.

“Sissoko and Yohan, and Mapou coming on, they helped us.

“And that’s exactly how we pencilled it in.”

United could tie up the signing of Swiss youngster Kevin Mbabu today but the player would be placed straight into the development ranks following a move from Servette.

The Magpies won’t prevent Xisco from leaving today if they receive the right package to remove him early from their wage bill.

Loan deals for fringe players like Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Jak Alnwick are also likely.

Alnwick was sent off along with along with Jamie Sterry on a nightmare day for United reserves yesterday.

The youngsters lost 3-0 to Reading with Massadio Haidara making his first outing for the club behind closed doors at Benton.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/31/newcastle-s-next-new-faces-already-being-planned-72703-32715984/2/#ixzz2JY9eOOTW

Fully expect a striker and then 4/5 Bigi type signings(which would be acceptable assuming we lose nobody ie Colo)

Taylor and Ameobi saving us. Does the man learn. It will be Sissoko, Cabaye, HBA, Mbiwa, Coloccini, Krul and Cisse. The Stars and Spine of the team.

Guest Roger Kint

“The real ones who are going to save us are Coloccini, Taylor, Krul and Shola Ameobi."

What a depressing end to the sentence.  Just fuck off with this shit.

To be honest when you remove the following sentence it sounds much worse than what he means.

Ok fair enough they know how the club works.  But howay man, Shola isn't going to save anything which is what I was getting at, and it's just annoying/depressing to read.  He can't even hold the ball up well any more ffs just doesn't offer anything.

Guest VanBarduck

I think he meant that they were there when the club went down , so they know how hard a relegation fight could be . If not..weel it's depressing that he sees shola as our second choice striker/winger/defensive midfielder etc

Guest Roger Kint

I think he meant that they were there when the club went down , so they know how hard a relegation fight could be . If not..weel it's depressing that he sees shola as our second choice striker/winger/defensive midfielder etc

Of course thats what he meant. Doesnt stop pointless panic though :lol:

The overreactions to any mention of Shola are so pathetic.

Not any mention of him, but the thought of him being one of the main players to 'save' us?

I'm obviously just reading too much into what Pardew's said, the way I read it was that he sees him as a key player in the fight to get away from relegation, which frankly scares the shit out of me. 

The overreactions to any mention of Shola are so pathetic.

Not any mention of him, but the thought of him being one of the main players to 'save' us?

I'm obviously just reading too much into what Pardew's said, the way I read it was that he sees him as a key player in the fight to get away from relegation, which frankly scares the s*** out of me. 

yeah and no. i'd be surprised if he wasn't one of the main influences in the dressing room.

I choked when I saw the Shola bit.

i'd like to think it's more of a dressing room influence. wasn't it cabaye last season saying it was shola and taylor who left no-one in any doubt what the derby meant.

Probably that after seeing it in context tbf. Like I said, I choked (was having dinner) when I saw Pardew's comment and what came to mind immediately translated to my post. I blame Pardew's poor English skills for that. :lol: