NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

so were looking for a pacey mobile striker!! so lets sign a striker thats so slow he actually travels back in time when he moves!

An interesting take on the theory of relativity, but not an accurate one. :coolsmiley:

so were looking for a pacey mobile striker!! so lets sign a striker thats so slow he actually travels back in time when he moves!

An interesting take on the theory of relativity, but not an accurate one. :coolsmiley:

given the fact times moves more slowly the faster you go maybe Carroll is actually so fast he just looks slow to us  :icon_scratch:

Not so much the press, but I spoke to my brother in law (who is a FC Twente fan with good connections in Twente business circles) yesterday and he mentioned that the fact there has been absolutely no interest/movement regarding Douglas this past January is to do with the fact when he first moved to Europe he signed a contract with no less than seven representatives, who are all in for a piece of the pie on his next move. Apparently when his contract with FC Twente expires in the summer, so does this contractual obligation. The contract with his seven representatives is also the reason why Twente have not wanted to sell him this January as a large portion of any transfer fee would go to his agents. Twente would ideally want to offer him a new contract in the summer (without the seven agent stuff), but of course Douglas will be free to look elsewhere too. I expect a large number of clubs, us included, will have pencilled the end date of his contract with those agents as a date to give him a call.

Not so much the press, but I spoke to my brother in law (who is a FC Twente fan with good connections in Twente business circles) yesterday and he mentioned that the fact there has been absolutely no interest/movement regarding Douglas this past January is to do with the fact when he first moved to Europe he signed a contract with no less than seven representatives, who are all in for a piece of the pie on his next move. Apparently when his contract with FC Twente expires in the summer, so does this contractual obligation. The contract with his seven representatives is also the reason why Twente have not wanted to sell him this January as a large portion of any transfer fee would go to his agents. Twente would ideally want to offer him a new contract in the summer (without the seven agent stuff), but of course Douglas will be free to look elsewhere too. I expect a large number of clubs, us included, will have pencilled the end date of his contract with those agents as a date to give him a call.

Thanks for the update. :thup:

Be interesting to see how Carroll does to the end of the season. Much of the same and I can't see anyone coming in for him, maybe a free loan next year. Should he stay fit and get some goals then interest will increase, but still first half of the season shows why £17m is way out, you'd be mad to go over £12m even with a good second half to the season.

Liverpool will eventually cut their losses, but it'll be around 25% of what they paid and it will kill them if its back to us. We might be their only option though, unless they want to keep loaning him out to the end of his contract and receive nothing back.

I would never ever want him back under Pardew. That will only mean HOOF HOOF HOOOOOOOF HOOF HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFF HOOOOF HOOF HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HOOOFFF HOOOF HHOOF HOOF

Pardew would love him like.

Yep, and why there is a huge possibility of him coming back here.

I think Carr will have more influence on who comes here than Pardew. By the summer Pardew might not even be here.

I think Carr will have more influence on who comes here than Pardew. By the summer Pardew might not even be here.

Wishful thinking. Also, Ashley would love to take him back at a cut price.

Wishful thinking. Also, Ashley would love to take him back at a cut price.

What's a cut price? I wouldn't want him for £5m, he's no better than Graham and he was over-priced. If you are talking £7-8m then you can get the likes of Remy or Aubemyang for that, and it's a much better calibre striker.