NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pardew would love him like.

Yep, and why there is a huge possibility of him coming back here.

I think Carr will have more influence on who comes here than Pardew. By the summer Pardew might not even be here.

Wishful thinking. Also, Ashley would love to take him back at a cut price.

What's a cut price? I wouldn't want him for £5m, he's no better than Graham and he was over-priced. If you are talking £7-8m then you can get the likes of Remy or Aubemyang for that, and it's a much better calibre striker.

And they fit the system we currently play while not effecting Cisse at all unlike Carroll.

Yep, and why there is a huge possibility of him coming back here.

I think Carr will have more influence on who comes here than Pardew. By the summer Pardew might not even be here.

Wishful thinking. Also, Ashley would love to take him back at a cut price.

What's a cut price? I wouldn't want him for £5m, he's no better than Graham and he was over-priced. If you are talking £7-8m then you can get the likes of Remy or Aubemyang for that, and it's a much better calibre striker.

And they fit the system we currently play while not effecting Cisse at all unlike Carroll.

Exactly. Why go backwards by signing Carroll? We might as well sign Nolan as well and turn the clock back two years.

Guest firetotheworks

In the summer I thought about it and said I would want him back as a plan B and I thought, like most of us did, that Pardew would go with the style we had at the end of last season and that Carroll would be a plan B.

Now, it's quite obvious that he would be Pardew's plan A, and that he doesn't even have a plan B. For that reason, I don't want him and I don't want Pardew.

In the summer I thought about it and said I would want him back as a plan B and I thought, like most of us did, that Pardew would go with the style we had at the end of last season and that Carroll would be a plan B.

Now, it's quite obvious that he would be Pardew's plan A, and that he doesn't even have a plan B. For that reason, I don't want him and I don't want Pardew.

Best post ever :lol:

Sums everything up, thanks for that :)

I'm not sure I agree with that.

With the new players we didn't hoof it against Villa in the first half, we did good passing play, only in the 2nd half did we hoof it when the pressure was on.

I saw glimmers of him trying to change his playing stye if he can, the new players don't seem to fit in with being able to provide the type of ball Carroll would thrive on.

We also have to remember that Pardew only managed Carroll for one game and the rest of the time he was injured so I'm not sure that there is a good friendship there.

Sad thing is, if you don't want Pardew then we could well end up with Plan B as manager:

width=270http://www.greenun24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/af_011_ips_v_portsmouth_48_1_1184875!image/2913130359.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/2913130359.jpg[/img]

Not so much the press, but I spoke to my brother in law (who is a FC Twente fan with good connections in Twente business circles) yesterday and he mentioned that the fact there has been absolutely no interest/movement regarding Douglas this past January is to do with the fact when he first moved to Europe he signed a contract with no less than seven representatives, who are all in for a piece of the pie on his next move. Apparently when his contract with FC Twente expires in the summer, so does this contractual obligation. The contract with his seven representatives is also the reason why Twente have not wanted to sell him this January as a large portion of any transfer fee would go to his agents. Twente would ideally want to offer him a new contract in the summer (without the seven agent stuff), but of course Douglas will be free to look elsewhere too. I expect a large number of clubs, us included, will have pencilled the end date of his contract with those agents as a date to give him a call.

This ties in with what I've said above: http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/235391/Douglas-laat-toenadering-van-FC-Anzhi-onbeantwoord.htm

Anzhi have made a move for Douglas as a Samba replacement, but he has declined the possible move because he wants to see out his contract with Twente.

Dunno why PSG aren't building their defence around him and Thiago Silva. I've never been a huge fan of Alex, Shola made a mug of him FFS.

Ancelotti is the reason, he's never been good with kids tbh.

Apparently Sakho thinks he should be starting and still hates Ancelotti for taking the captaincy away from him.

There will be much bigger clubs than us that will be interested though, having said that i said the same about Mbiwa and Sissoko :yao: