NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

read that before and thought I'd not bother putting it up....

Yohan-Cabaye-attracts-Monaco-interest

"Yohan Cabaye? He is an exciting player," Monaco CEO Vadim Vasilyev told L'Equipe.

that's it :lol:

So the Cisse thing is indeed true. We're probably looking into the possibility of replacing him with Bent then.

Whoah, slight leap of faith there Dave.

Eh, you agreed with me earlier. :lol:

I'm not saying it's going to happen, just seems to fit.

I said the only way we would sign Bent is if he was first choice, and I asked whether we were assuming Cisse was leaving. I agree it's the only reason we'd sign Bent or he would come, but that doesn't mean it's happening or we're even looking at him.

Guest icemanblue

I'd imagine the Cisse / Wonga story is an attempt by the player to get more money, and the Darren Bent story may well be the club showing him and his agents that he is far from irreplaceable.

Don't agree with your first bit, but the second is an interesting point.

Sell Cisse, who is 28 by the way, for £20 million to the Russians, and avoid the talk of a new, more lucrative contract.

Buy Bent who is just a year older for a pittance, and a far more agreeable contract, due to his desperation to leave Villa.

Guess who wins again ...

Cisse is probably wanting round about what Bent is on now, while Bent is probably happy to take less considering he's been in the wilderness the last year, and is desperate to play.

I'm suspicious.

I'd imagine the Cisse / Wonga story is an attempt by the player to get more money, and the Darren Bent story may well be the club showing him and his agents that he is far from irreplaceable.

muslim faith apparently has little interest in money for financial gain but wait must not use Hypocrite and Muslim in same sentence as thats wrong  ;D

Newcastle to reject chance to sign Aston Villa star Bent

Shields Gazette-2 minutes agoShare

DARREN Bent's hopes of joining Newcastle United look slim to non-existent – as the figures don't add up. The Aston Villa striker is reportedly “keen” on a move ...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-to-reject-chance-to-sign-aston-villa-star-bent-1-5761974

Guest Roger Kint

If it's true that the player was interested: mission accomplished.

I meant bullshit in regards to us even considering it really. Would he sign for Newcastle and play more? Obviously. Would he take about 50% pay cut to do so? Not a hope in hell. either way it was never going to happen on our end largely for reasons you stated about 4 pages ago and also the cost is far more than we would entertain.