NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

When (not if) Taylor gets injured, we'll be down to the bare bones. He's missed loads of games every season and there's an extra workload this time which will stretch the squad.

I hope Curtis is good enough.

When (not if) Taylor gets injured, we'll be down to the bare bones. He's missed loads of games every season and there's an extra workload this time which will stretch the squad.

In which case we will do a Barca and pack the team with midfielders  :smug:

Bare bones is a bit dramatic, Williamson did plenty good enough last year. Sure, he's not amazing but he's a solid Premier League player like Simpson. The other thing to bear in mind (particularly considering our manager's comments recently about controlling the midfield being key) is that we've just added another apparently strong and technically excellent central midfielder to the squad. Just having Tiote in the last few years has transformed our fortunes, and that improved further with Cabaye. If we can get the three of them into the same side somehow, the pressure on the defence should lessen.

I see Rodgers was again pretty much inviting bids for Carroll again today in his press conference. Interested to see if we move for another striker other than Carroll before the deadline, or we risk getting none, in the hope of getting AC on deadline day when Liverpool want rid.

We'll definitely bid again for Debuchy. Hope it comes off like :sweetjesus:

Not so sure we'll increase our bid, but I have no doubt we'll be pestering them and the player hoping they give in.

I think the fact he had such a good Euro has complicated things if it's true his appearances there triggered a higher buyout clause. I was pretty confident he was coming before that. Even now I think there's a good chance Lille will sell him before the window closes. It does look like we are sticking with our first choice targets though as we haven't gone out and bought a cheaper alternative. That's not a bad policy IMO. We are getting to the stage where we should be looking to add only genuine quality and it's worth waiting for the right player.

Guest BooBoo

I see Rodgers was again pretty much inviting bids for Carroll again today in his press conference. Interested to see if we move for another striker other than Carroll before the deadline, or we risk getting none, in the hope of getting AC on deadline day when Liverpool want rid.

He diplomatically dealt with the question but the clear translation was simply NOT WANTED.

He diplomatically dealt with the question but the clear translation was simply NOT WANTED.

Exactly, basically he was calling Carroll a plan B, but then went onto say he will try to improve plan A before ever going to B.

Bare bones is a bit dramatic, Williamson did plenty good enough last year. Sure, he's not amazing but he's a solid Premier League player like Simpson. The other thing to bear in mind (particularly considering our manager's comments recently about controlling the midfield being key) is that we've just added another apparently strong and technically excellent central midfielder to the squad. Just having Tiote in the last few years has transformed our fortunes, and that improved further with Cabaye. If we can get the three of them into the same side somehow, the pressure on the defence should lessen.

Don't forget Perchinho.

I think a CB will be a January signing depending on how Taylor does up until then, we are desperate for a fullback so I am hoping that will happen soon, then maybe deadline day we could see Carroll in too.

Perch at CB is a bit :scared: And not because of his height.

I think he is ok at centre half actually.  He uses the ball well out of defence and alongside a more dominant partner (ie Colo or maybe Saylor) he looks a lot more solid.

Who knows who could come in, it could literally be someone for any position. I think we've made it clear we operate on taking advantage on players that match our criteria who become available for a price we think is good value (through either clauses, wants to leave or clubs needs money etc) .

If no one is "available" we will just wait and be patient, like last August when we couldn't get a striker and ended up doing a deal for Cisse when he came "available" in January.

Santon

Simpson

Raylor

Perch

Tavernier

Gutierrez

Saylor

Anita

And you had the f***ing gall to pull me up on putting Adam Campbell 5th choice striker? :lol:

Gutierrez is about as much a fullback as he is a striker. Might as well put him in that list as well. When old Diego's put enough coke up his nose to rival Tony Montana before selecting his teams you can't then use that to back up your arguments that we've got enough fullbacks. If Jonas is playing there, we're screwed.

Steven Taylor will be playing DC, so he can't play DR. He's our second best centre back. Likewise, Anita will be in midfield. Last time I checked it's against the rules to clone footballers, so they'll just have to play one position each. Raylor has no pace, and both he and Perch played above themselves last season and can't be relied upon to do the same again this campaign. Maybe they will, but 6 months of good form in otherwise utterly mediocre careers suggests that they just hit a purple patch, not that they suddenly became tremendous assets to the club.

Fullback before striker. Though like I say, we do need both.

Tavernier made 32 senior appearances last year and played a lot in pre-season. Campbell hasn't even played a single competitive senior match yet has he? Slight difference there.

Campbell has only started 1 match for the reserves in addition to 2 sub appearances at that level. Hes not going to be near the first team. Think Pardew was just giving him a taste of what hes aiming for.

Tavernier made his first team debut 3 years ago and has played competitive football at League 1 level. Hes well ahead of Campbell in his development at the moment. Unless Campbell turns out to be like Rooney or Fabregas then Tavernier is far more likely to be involved in the 1st team.

I think the Debuchy deal could still come off and if the terms suit Fat Mike and Dekka on AC9 I can see that happening.

I think if Debuchy is out of the question then we'll make an attempt at another fullback. Having Vurn will leave us in a position where we are not panicking. I'd be shocked if we brought any other striker in other than Carroll. I think Ashley is patient enough to wait for January to identify new targets.

If Tim Krul gets injured we'd be in the s****.

You could say that about the first choice gk at practically every club in the league.....

Not as bad though. The thought of Rob Elliott playing fills me with dread I have to say.

Our net spend atm can't be very high, surely we'd be able to get another 2/3 in.

About million net i think, anyway that isn't the problem to me it's having the time to get them in.

Aye, it's starting to become tight with time..