NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I reckon Rhodes would cost at least £10m, probably more.

Yes but look at it this way. Put him on a contract say 40k over 6 years and include the transfer fee. Then look at Bent at say 4m on mega bucks for say 3 years no resale fee and work out how much per year each costs.

Not sure why you are telling this to me, try [email protected]

Those who have seen Sinclair, what's he like on end product? I see someone mentioned he's fast and tricky, but wingers need some intelligence as well. Goals would be nice as well.

8 in 38 for Swansea in the league before his move suggests he knows where the net it.

Not bad at all. Get your chequebook out Ashley.

Yes but look at it this way. Put him on a contract say 40k over 6 years and include the transfer fee. Then look at Bent at say 4m on mega bucks for say 3 years no resale fee and work out how much per year each costs.

From your first response I could have sworn you were him :lol:

:D

He will be pricey though.

Those who have seen Sinclair, what's he like on end product? I see someone mentioned he's fast and tricky, but wingers need some intelligence as well. Goals would be nice as well.

8 in 38 for Swansea in the league before his move suggests he knows where the net it.

Knew he scored a fair amount years back, just checked - had like 19 in the Championship in 10/11 and 27 in all comps.

The premiership is so reliant on pace and fitness that 28 is actually quite old these days. I'd have little problem if we never bought anyone over 28 again, really. Obviously have players older than that, but as investments I think it's quite a sound strategy.

I would take real Rolls Royce signings like a Berbatov over that age limit. But generally, i'd stay away. I want us to sign players who will get better.

The problem is that the players we sign never seem to get better, most clearly get worse, in fact it's difficult to think of any player recently who has improved. Maybe Ba? Our coaching as a team and for players individually is appalling. Still most of them are now so shit that nobody wants to buy them, that's the upside.

We do need more goals from wide in the team, like. If we were to replace Jonás with someone who scored at least 5 goals a season we'd probably be a couple of places higher in the league for it.

The premiership is so reliant on pace and fitness that 28 is actually quite old these days. I'd have little problem if we never bought anyone over 28 again, really. Obviously have players older than that, but as investments I think it's quite a sound strategy.

I would take real Rolls Royce signings like a Berbatov over that age limit. But generally, i'd stay away. I want us to sign players who will get better.

The problem is that the players we sign never seem to get better, most clearly get worse, in fact it's difficult to think of any player recently who has improved. Maybe Ba? Our coaching as a team and for players individually is appalling. Still most of them are now so s*** that nobody wants to buy them, that's the upside.

Perch, and perhaps coloccini is the only ones that have gotten clearly better since we signed them in the last... 10 or so years?

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 18m

Would appear that Scott Sinclair has been offered to clubs including #nufc . Same situation as Downing offer really at this stage. #mcfc

Take the offer ffs.

Scott Sinclair willing to be 3rd choice winger?

If Pardew plays Cisse-Remy up-top (as he's wont to do), I imagine Sinclair would see the majority of starts at LW.

Would appear that Scott Sinclair has been offered to clubs including #nufc . Same situation as Downing offer really at this stage. #mcfc

Take the offer ffs.

If Pardew plays Cisse-Remy up-top (as he's wont to do), I imagine Sinclair would see the majority of starts at LW.

Yep if we buy a LW i really think we won't ever see 4-3-3, either going to see Remy and Cisse up top or a 4231 like the one he used against Rangers but with Sinclair and Remy instead of Jonas and Sissoko.

Reading on the news sites that he was hoping for a move to West Brom as he wants to be in the midlands, but wants a permanent transfer rather than a loan. Now WBA are worried other clubs (us!)  might turn his head.

:D

He will be pricey though.

So what he is a gamble first and investment second. Where is the next future England striker these days?

The problem is that the players we sign never seem to get better, most clearly get worse, in fact it's difficult to think of any player recently who has improved. Maybe Ba? Our coaching as a team and for players individually is appalling. Still most of them are now so shit that nobody wants to buy them, that's the upside.

Enrique improved here, but on the most part players seem to hit the ground running (even better then they were before joining at times) but then slowly go barkwards (Ben Arfa hasn't IMO but most seem to).  I put it down to Pardews tactics/training slowly sapping them of all hope..  Having said that I can't agree that most of them are now shit, I think that's knee jerk sensationalism, and I'm sure plenty of clubs still want the likes of Cabaye but maybe not at the price we're quoting.

Guest Phil K
Having said that I can't agree that most of them are now s***, I think that's knee jerk sensationalism,

You can only judge by results, and the results hardly portray them as world beaters. The opposite, actually.

Agree 150% that Pardew is the problem, and he'd make a team featuring the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney and Bale into relegation candidates, but the players are NOT without blame

HBA has gone backover IMHO

Having said that I can't agree that most of them are now s***, I think that's knee jerk sensationalism,

You can only judge by results, and the results hardly portray them as world beaters. The opposite, actually.

Agree 150% that Pardew is the problem, and he'd make a team featuring the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney and Bale into relegation candidates, but the players are NOT without blame

I don't think Ben Arfa's gone backwards ability wise, he has always been a bit too greedy to be a really top player. If you are talking about his fitness then you might have a point. Since his  injury he hasn't looked in the same shape as previously IMO.

HBA barely featured last season come on. He's at the very bottom of the players to blame list.

I recall Sinclair scoring something like 5 penalties. Goal is a goal and that but I don't recall many from open play.

Yeah - he was their penalty taker, and he was rarely that impressive in the Premier League.

There are plenty of levels between shit and world beater though.  Also don't see how Ben Arfa's gone backwards.  Of course at the end of last season he didn't have the same spring in his step as usual (though in plenty of games he still regularly beat numerous players), but that comes down to fitness following injury.  If he's still not back to his old self a few games into the season then I might worry.

Agree on Enrique he did improve enormously, greatly helped by his understanding with Jonas and the work rate that he provided. As for the rest they have virtually all regressed. We all rightly bitch about how poor our Manager is, but the coaching or lack of it at the club is terrible. It should be possible to improve say Santon's positional play, Taylor's arm flapping antics, Tiote's mindless passing, etc, but there are no sign of any improvements at all since Pardew became Manager.

I don't think Ben Arfa's gone backwards ability wise, he has always been a bit too greedy to be a really top player. If you are talking about his fitness then you might have a point. Since his  injury he hasn't looked in the same shape as previously IMO.

He was probably at his best flying all over the pitch until that Europa League hamstring. He was really getting on some real top form before then, IIRC.  But he did like much quicker before the De Jong injury.

I personally think we've had shit physio/training staff since Sir Bobby left. Not sure I remember who was head of those respective groups (DW has been here for eternity no?)

Take the offer ffs.

Yep if we buy a LW i really think we won't ever see 4-3-3, either going to see Remy and Cisse up top or a 4231 like the one he used against Rangers but with Sinclair and Remy instead of Jonas and Sissoko.

3-1 like or even HBA wide right and Remy playing behind Cisse:

Remy----HBA----Sinclair

----------Cisse------------

This one goes out to College Dropout:

Krul                       

Taylor        Coloccini

Debuchy                          Santon

Cabaye  Sissoko

Remy          Ben Arfa          Sinclair

Cisse

:sweetjesus: ...

:pardsgrin: ...