NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

This is not a player we need right now, good as he maybe. We need a proven centre back who needs no time to settle.

Agreed, although he has been starting all season in Ligue 1. It's not as if he's a kid who we are plucking from a youth team.

None the less i do agree i would much rather someone with a bit more experience with the situation we are in.

I'm just thinking of a young lad coming into the Premiership where he will do so much more heading and seeing more of the ball in the air, a game played faster than he is used to. May take him time to settle down to our football, like it did with Colo, and Colo was older and wiser, having played in Italy and Spain previously.

Hahaha we could just sign him and an experienced player too :lol: Oh the mentalness of that.

You're off your tits you are! :lol:

Guest bimpy474

This is not a player we need right now, good as he maybe. We need a proven centre back who needs no time to settle.

Agreed, although he has been starting all season in Ligue 1. It's not as if he's a kid who we are plucking from a youth team.

None the less i do agree i would much rather someone with a bit more experience with the situation we are in.

I'm just thinking of a young lad coming into the Premiership where he will do so much more heading and seeing more of the ball in the air, a game played faster than he is used to. May take him time to settle down to our football, like it did with Colo, and Colo was older and wiser, having played in Italy and Spain previously.

Hahaha we could just sign him and an experienced player too :lol: Oh the mentalness of that.

You're off your tits you are! :lol:

I was vegetating as i typed it :lol:

Either incredibly lazy from the media or incredibly lazy from our scouting department that we are only going for French players this window.

I might be wrong but i have a feeling that in the situation we are in, buying french is a lot easier than buying anywhere else.

Because it's easier to convince them to come because you're be playing with national team mates.

I think thats how they are looking at it, France is basically the safety net and we think we can attract frenchies easier than anyone else.

Yup, French players are cheap & on low wages predominately so that's a plus and Ligue 1 is arguably the most similar continental league to the PL. Plus a lot of the players who play there are big, powerful types rather than just being technical players.

Bit of a shame like IMO but I'm a whingey c***.

Aye not a coincidence that most french players adapt very quickly, the difference between Ligue 1 in style to the PL is very similar.

I would like us to search elsewhere as much as the next guy but honestly we all know that ain't happening.

Guest bimpy474

Either incredibly lazy from the media or incredibly lazy from our scouting department that we are only going for French players this window.

I might be wrong but i have a feeling that in the situation we are in, buying french is a lot easier than buying anywhere else.

Because it's easier to convince them to come because you're be playing with national team mates.

I think thats how they are looking at it, France is basically the safety net and we think we can attract frenchies easier than anyone else.

Yup, French players are cheap & on low wages predominately so that's a plus and Ligue 1 is arguably the most similar continental league to the PL. Plus a lot of the players who play there are big, powerful types rather than just being technical players.

Aye not a coincidence that most french players adapt very quickly, the difference between Ligue 1 in style to the PL is very similar.

I would like us to search elsewhere as much as the next guy but honestly we all know that ain't happening.

De Jong and Anita means we must have had a little dabble in Holland like.

Tbf the players we have got from France are Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Debuchy. Now it's too early for Debuchy but I'm not pulling my hair out over our fascination with France :lol:

Well yeah but if the club are only looking at France during this window and we end up signing no one because all the players we wanted we couldn't get.

Then shit will go down and my pitch fork will be out :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I meant in this window :pow:

Ah, well i'm hoping we are looking further afield than France. Tbh i couldn't care a toss where as long as the players are mint.

That and our wage structure...

That and our wage structure...

Yup, can give them a large % increase on what they'd be on in France (esp. with that whole new tax thing) & still keep it within our ideals. Win-win. Not that players move here for money, of course.

Tiote as well

A football video...tsk tsk

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang:

Where linked with him arnt we? 23 and from that video, i would mind remy going to QPR and us getting him.

EDIT: videos off youtube not allowed? anyways i was looking at here : http://whatculture.com/sport/newcastle-transfers-5-players-who-could-help-stave-off-relegation.php/5 and hes on a list with a video.. by the video there wouldent mind him

"St Etienne value him at £10 million, according to reports. He joined the club from AC Milan for just £1.5 million but has since gone on to become a prized asset for the Ligue 1 club, scoring 8 goals in 12 games this season."

Guest bimpy474

Tiote as well

I knew that one ;) but i was thinking more since Pardew took over. Point taken though.

I would actually prefer Aubameyang as he is in better form/less injury prone/younger and cheaper?. But our interest in him seems to have all gone quiet.

Don't want anymore Africans :dontknow:

I would actually prefer Aubameyang as he is in better form/less injury prone/younger and cheaper?. But our interest in him seems to have all gone quiet.

To me seems like a much better choice, hes scoring, younger and cheaper or same price, and not much competition. Seems like Ashley would jump at this.

From that video his pace looks immense, he actually like that or is the vid makes him look better then he is? 

i imagine it's more to do with we probably have scouted Remy far more and Aubameyang is more of a surprise package this season that we know less about.

Probably even though he's scored at SJP

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00319/110312112_Gabon_319978c.jpg

I don't think he's any cheaper i think the price is about the same and Remy has always been the no 1 target i heard.

With Aubameyang and Gouffran being 2 and 3.