NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Hopefully the (constant) Taylor injury(ies) hit home that we desperately need another centre back on the books.

When Williamson was banned for the Arsenal game it was obvious that we literally had no other viable cover there.

:thup:

Tbf to Williamson i doubt we would have conceded 7 goals if was there in stead of Perch :lol:

He gets a lot of criticism but he's better than Perch.

Hopefully the (constant) Taylor injury(ies) hit home that we desperately need another centre back on the books.

When Williamson was banned for the Arsenal game it was obvious that we literally had no other viable cover there.

I thought u have a Good youngster for 4th choice cb :D

How's he doing anyway?

I sincerely hope we'll be pleasantly surprised within the next few weeks with regards to a CB...(that doesn't include Saylor coming back in).

They surely must have something in the shadows? Would be scandalous if we don't bring in a new CB, our defence has really cost us a lot of games in the last couple of months.

Didn't walcott go to Arsenal for mare than that?

1m is nothing new for kids it's just the club said we wouldn't do it anymore, it's probably less than that i'd imagine.

I heard about this on .com the other day came a bit of the blue to me but if he's talented then its all well and good.

Hopefully its not the last move :lol:

Newcastle sign Kevin Mbabu

Newcastle set to pip United and Arsenal to £1m deal for teenage Swiss midfielder Mbabu

Newcastle are hoping to secure a £1m deal for Swiss 16-year-old Kevin Mbabu.

Dunno if posted:

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/item/gewilde-douglas-verlaat-fc-twente-niet-zomaar

FC Twente hopes this winter to earn some money to Douglas, but a departure from the Brazilian is not a foregone conclusion. That says his agent Marcos Paulo Ribeiro in Italian media.

Internazionale, Newcastle United, Reading and West Ham United were all associated with Douglas, but by offers from England or Italy is no question. However, names three German clubs contact with the players, as Ribeiro reveals itself.

"To date we have had no contact with Inter," said the agent. "And as far as we know, there is no question of a bid. The same goes for Reading. Newcastle? We have spoken to them in the summer, but now there are no negotiations."

Interest on the 24-year-old defender is not complaining. "Three clubs from the Bundesliga want him, we even have an official proposal rejected. Now we wait. Douglas focuses on FC Twente, he will always be fully committed to the team," said Ribeiro.

Douglas is in his sixth season in Tukkerse service. His contract expires next summer off, leaving this transfer window for FC Twente last option is to have something to naturalized Dutch footballer earn.

Hardly surprising considering a lot of places saying interest had cooled.

It does disappoint me how little defenders we are being linked with though, i understand replacing Ba is important but we are where we are because our defence for the most part has been an utter joke.

£1 million for a 16 year old. Yeah right.

Good cost £600,000 didn't he?

Not that I think it will happen.

Fair point.

Actually turns 18 in April. Defensive mid that is also capable playing at cb or rb. Only made two competitive appearances so far. 1 million sounds like a lot. But obviously highly rated.