NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Think we need an upgrade on Cisse personally. He's unreliable.

Hopefully he can show more between now and the end of the season as going off this one he's not good enough to lead the line and be our main goal threat.

Gouffran can play centrally too can't he? If we have another winger can see him moving inside to challenge Cisse for his place, haven't seen enough of his finishing mind.

Disagree about replacing Cisse mind, another option would be great but still think if he'd had better service for most the season his goal scoring record would have been nothing to complain about, a different type to give another option (not carroll) would be nice tho

Some of his attempts in front of goal this season have been embarrassing, chances on a fucking plate as well, then he'll blast one in the top corner from 25 yards. Like I say he's unreliable.

Everyone knows we need a striker, i don't think it matters who as long as he's considered good enough.

Although i would prefer one who could play wide as i'm not sure i trust Pardew to rotate the striker in question and Cisse properly.

That Ba and Cisse 4-4-2 shit was an utter farce and cannot be repeated.

Guest palnese

Cisse scores when he gets good service. We need to replace the rubbish that consistently let him down first.

Apart from Jonas...who's rubbish in the front 4-5 positions these days?

Pardew is the problem.

Some of his attempts in front of goal this season have been embarrassing, chances on a fucking plate as well, then he'll blast one in the top corner from 25 yards. Like I say he's unreliable.

It's amazing that he's actually found himself in the position to miss them given the total absence of crosses and balls in behind. His record since we partially fixed the isolation problem with Sissoko and Gouffran speaks for itself and will only get better when Jonas is finally benched.

Cisse scores when he gets good service. We need to replace the rubbish that consistently let him down first.

Only Cabaye and perhaps Sissoko can be counted on to create chances. Marveaux's a remedy to that in some circumstances but he's yet to nail down a starting place.

Only Cabaye and perhaps Sissoko can be counted on to create chances. Marveaux's a remedy to that in some circumstances but he's yet to nail down a starting place.

You can add Gouffran and Debuchy to that list. You're correct when you say Gouffran is too far back too often, mind.

He hasn't had chances on a plate at all.

Gouffran's no creator, man. I do rate him though.

That's rubbish and you know it. His pace alone has created us several goals already, regardless of the quality of his final ball. Even his running off the ball when in attack creates chances.

When he says Creating i think he means vision and passing that can open up a team.

I agree with you mind, there's different ways of looking at it.

Gouffran's no creator, man. I do rate him though.

That's rubbish and you know it. His pace alone has created us several goals already, regardless of the quality of his final ball. Even his running off the ball when in attack creates chances.

Hang on, his pace has let to 2 goals being scored from rebounds since he signed 2 months ago. I'm talking about creating chances for Cisse - ie taking adavntage of his movement around the box.

Neither Gouffran nor Jonas will give him anything near the service he deserves. Which is why we're consistently not troubling keepers away from home and the lad looks supremely pissed off.

Ronaldos spot on about the Cisse thing, he's been starved of chances, that's when he hasn't been on the wing.

He only gets the odd chance in a game, its no wonder he wasn't scoring.

We desperately need at least one other striker.

If what you're saying is true about being starved for chances, we don't need another striker in the same mould at all, we would need a creative player who is also capable of chipping in with a fair number of goals and play as a centre forward if required, or we would just be looking at the same problem, possibly worsened by the temptation to play both up top.

Not that I believe that Cisse's disappointing season can solely be attributed to a lack of service of course. For some reason, his chance conversion rate this season is nowhere to what it was last season. Maybe he is  also getting fewer chances, but when he gets one he generally snatches at it way too much.

Anyway, he has been scoring more as of late, so I hope he continues in this vein and this sorry season can quickly be forgotten about.

we need a fit ben arfa, him plus sissoko we'll score a bagful if pardew doesn't insist on playing like newcastle falcons

hopefully carr has identified a young striker as i don't think we should be spaffing a massive chunk of our wad on a 'name' unless they're comfortable out wide and down the middle