Obertan

Amalfitano

Jonas

Abeid

Ferguson

Sammy

Vuckic

Shola

Shola and Jonas won't be leaving.... Harper, Williamson, Gosling and Simpson will be replaced by players already at the club..

Amalfitano, Abeid, Ferguson, Sammy and Vuckic are really quite irrelevant as they are not really first team other than maybe Ferguson.

As i have said many times its not the size of the squad that is the problem its the quality.

Even if all those players left, whether they are permanent or loans ( except Jonas and Shola because they won't be going) i still believe we require only 3-4 first team players.

If the club want to bring in some young players in the Curtis Good mould then that is their prerogative but unless some major sales happen that we don't expect like Cabaye etc etc we don't need no more than 3-4 first team players IMO.

Alderweireld states desire to join Liverpool

Ajax centre-back Toby Alderweireld is ready to snub interest from Newcastle United in favour of a move to Liverpool.

Alderweireld has spent his entire career with Ajax, winning back-to-back Eredivisie titles, but is likely to become the latest Belgium international to make the move to the Premier League.

The 24-year-old will be available for a cut-price fee of around £8 million with his contract due to expire in the summer of 2014. He could leave Ajax with a hat-trick of league titles with the club three points clear of PSV Eindhoven and Vitesse Arnhem.

"I do not want to play in an English club in mid-table. Unlike Newcastle, Liverpool meets my criteria," the defender, who has also been linked with Everton and Manchester United, told the Belgian press.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has already signalled his intention to strengthen at the back with Jamie Carragher retiring, Martin Skrtel linked with a move away and Uruguay international Sebastian Coates struggling to make an impression at Anfield. Fellow Ajax star Christian Eriksen has also been linked with a move to the club.

He will follow the likes of Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Vermaelen, Eden Hazard, Kevin Mirallas, Romelu Lukaku and Christian Benteke in making recent moves to England. Fellow Belgium internationals Simon Mignolet, Vincent Kompany, Mousa Dembele and Marouane Fellaini also play in the Premier League with Thibaut Courtois and Kevin De Bruyne owned by Chelsea.

Was regularly linked to us in the past iirc.

If he honestly thinks that Liverpool will achieve anything significantly more than us over the next few years, then good luck to him.

The way that things stand they will.

If he honestly thinks that Liverpool will achieve anything significantly more than us over the next few years, then good luck to him.

Liverpool had their worst season in an age last season & still got to 2 cup finals.

Liverpool had their worst season in an age last season & still got to 2 cup finals.

True, but I don't see them challenging for the title or even breaking into the CL places, especially with Gerrard on the wane and the prospect of losing Suarez.

True, but I don't see them challenging for the title or even breaking into the CL places, especially with Gerrard on the wane and the prospect of losing Suarez.

If they can keep Suarez you have to believe they can reach a CL spot.They have a manager who imposes his style of football no matter what it takes and he is actually making the club a good team again. Can't stand them personally but you have to give credit to Rodgers for believing in his philosophy and staying with it during the bad transition phase they had in the beginning. Unlike our manager who probably doesn't know what a football is.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If they can keep Suarez you have to believe they can reach a CL spot.They have a manager who imposes his style of football no matter what it takes and he is actually making the club a good team again. Can't stand them personally but you have to give credit to Rodgers for believing in his philosophy and staying with it during the bad transition phase they had in the beginning. Unlike our manager who probably doesn't know what a football is.

Is he imposing his style of play?

Or is he using 'The Liverpool Way' to his advantage by pairing it alongside his style of play?

They're not even going to be in Europe next season and crashed out of every cup competition.

Imposing his 'style' is just Liverpool speak for what has been an abysmal season for them, worse than those under Rafa or Dalglish.

From my point of view and from the little I've seen of Liverpool he is definitely imposing his style of play into the club. They have been passing the ball around quite nicely and aren't exactly as direct as I'd expect them to be.

They're not even going to be in Europe next season and crashed out of every cup competition.

Imposing his 'style' is just Liverpool speak for what has been an abysmal season for them, worse than those under Rafa or Dalglish.

You're aware that they are 3p away from their total point tally last season?

I'm aware that they will almost certainly fail to qualify for Europe, and are doing so despite having the freedom of also failing in every cup competition.

I'm aware that they will almost certainly fail to qualify for Europe, and are doing so despite having the freedom of also failing in every cup competition.

Oh most definitely but like I said, they are still in a transition phase and while I fucking despise the club almost as much as Sunderland (since I don't get this rivalry that you living in Newcastle do) I can't say this season has been worse than others for them. In my opinion they are on the right track, under Dalglish they were horrible and if Rodgers can limit making terrible signing at high cost like he did in the summer and if he can keep hold of Agger and Suarez I see no reason to not believe they will be competing with the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham in two years time. Their biggest problem is incosistency at the moment.

And spending £20m on 2 attacking players.

And spending £20m on 2 attacking players.

He's been given free reign in the transfer market, more than £40 million on Coutinho, Sturridge, Borini and Allen.