NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Carroll has his good qualities, but I don't think he could partner Cisse. We'd be back in the Ba-Cisse situation with two strikers neither of whom are much good at dropping deep or wide.

Carroll plus AN Other and trade in Cisse I could live with.

Id have Carroll and PEA.

Aye :lol: but not only is it very difficult to believe i struggle to understand how we would fit Aubameyang, Carroll and Cisse in the same team :lol:

Squad rotation? Banashing the BigSho?

:yao:

:lol:  :okay:

An AC-AC partnership would be hilarious for a few reasons.

1. The old little and large thing, but ridiculous.

2. We could call them AC^2.

3. Er...

4. That's it.

Never thought of that, I would like seeing two local lads pairing up at some point tbf.

edit before I can rinsed  :lol: : still prefer Cisse and PEA/some other striker bought in to compliment him

Carroll not much good at dropping deep? Not true.

Its definetely one of those 'big man' striker cliche's, for us he was everywhere linking up the play really well. Now, especially with the fact he's playing under Allardyce, people forget he showed in his time here theres more to him than just standing upfront waiting to flick the ball on with his head.

Carroll has his good qualities, but I don't think he could partner Cisse. We'd be back in the Ba-Cisse situation with two strikers neither of whom are much good at dropping deep or wide.

Carroll drops deep very well, he doesn't mind working outside either, he'll do out for his team.

Carroll not much good at dropping deep? Not true.

Its definetely one of those 'big man' striker cliche's, for us he was everywhere linking up the play really well. Now, especially with the fact he's playing under Allardyce, people forget he showed in his time here theres more to him than just standing upfront waiting to flick the ball on with his head.

:thup: Tbh i think Carroll and Cisse can work and one thing that makes the Ba and Cisse not even close to being comparable is at least Carroll can hold the ball up.

I just worry with how Pardew will use them and the rest of the team for that matter, but i do think he's coming back so it looks like we will find out.

Carroll drops deep very well, he doesn't mind working outside either, he'll do out for his team.

Yeah, apart from play for it if someone else offers him more money.

Carroll and Cisse would probably work like.

Neither would work the channels or drop deep much, but we wouldn't really need them to as we'd play it "direct" to AC with Cisse looking to feed off of him. As others have said, if we're going to keep Pardew getting Carroll makes sense as I can't ever see us being a good pass and move side with him running the show.

Carroll is a canny player on the floor, it's not his fault his defenders always take the easy way out when he's on the pitch. But the fact remains that we will hoof it more if he's playing, and for that reason I don't want him anywhere near the club.

Carroll is a canny player on the floor, it's not his fault his defenders always take the easy way out when he's on the pitch. But the fact remains that we will hoof it more if he's playing, and for that reason I don't want him anywhere near the club.

To be fair, we also seem to get it wide and get crosses in. Problem is, there's only ever Cisse in the box. I've never wanted Carroll back, but if Pardew is staying I think he's going to be the best option.

Guest icemanblue

Basically, if you're not playing football like Barcelona, or Spain, you're doing it wrong. Of course, that's only until a team that plays differently begins to dominate.

Guest bimpy474

It's not a long ball, it's a long pass, a pass that is accurate and has a purpose. Not a hoof in the hope you win something. That's the difference for me, i have no problem with mixing things up, but that's not what Pardew does. We just hit and hoof.

Every good team mix things up, we mix things brilliantly, it's just brilliantly means shit.

I don't get why people are so ardently opposed to the long ball option if we had the players to facilitate it.

As long as its effective i couldn't care less if i'm honest.

Me neither, I just want us to be a good team. I'd PREFER to keep it on the deck but it's not a deal breaker. A long ball, flick on, finish is very beautiful in it's own way.

Basically, if you're not playing football like Barcelona, or Spain, you're doing it wrong. Of course, that's only until a team that plays differently begins to dominate.

Spain are boring. Do not want. Only Barcelona please.