NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

And that is an argument for the proof of him taking money out of the club?

No that proof is in the accounts.

Where then? Money out of the club directly in to Ashley's pockets, if there is proof of that please feel free to show me.

Absolutely, I certainly wouldn't be letting Perch go. He's the quintessential utility cover player - the sort of player a top-half Premier League squad needs. He's totally limited but he's a million miles from s***.

We won't be signing any more defenders if Coloccini stays so I really can't see why we'd entertain shipping him out. Pardew seems fairly fond of him too, given the amount of times he played in the absence of numerous injured first-teamers.

Digressing slightly, I saw Disco (I think) mention that we need a new creative CM. That's the last position I'd be looking to fill out, even if someone like Gosling goes. In Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Tiote (plus Bigi and Vuckic) (plus plus Jonas, Marveaux and Perch) - we've got a very tidy selection of players there. I'd only be looking to seriously invest if one of the main ones left and we were looking to change the approach.

Playing them in the right roles would be a start, like. Sissoko needs to be one of the deepest players in the front six.

Aye, twas me.

Only one of those you've mentioned is a creative CM (Marveaux) and he can't seem to hack/or be trusted to hack the rigours of constant football. I guess Cabaye could play there if needed but I'd be surprised if he was. To elborate I essentially want a wildcard player that can change games by himself, a Ben Arfa mk II if you wish - albeit probably not as good.

This is only applicable if we're playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or whatnot though.

Valbuena maybe? Has been saying he would like a move to the Premier League and would probably be a good fit. Maybe out of our price range though..

If as Caulkin says we will only get 1 or 2 players, it proves the club has learnt absolutely fuck all. All clubs in league will be strengthening significantly and we will get 2 through door with probably 2 or 3 out the door

If as Caulkin says we will only get 1 or 2 players, it proves the club has learnt absolutely f*** all. All clubs in league will be strengthening significantly and we will get 2 through door with probably 2 or 3 out the door

The club said in January that they'd brought the summer spending forward, I'm not surprised with what they are doing.

If as Caulkin says we will only get 1 or 2 players, it proves the club has learnt absolutely f*** all. All clubs in league will be strengthening significantly and we will get 2 through door with probably 2 or 3 out the door

The club said in January that they'd brought the summer spending forward, I'm not surprised with what they are doing.

And it's not like last year since we spent the fat end of £20m in January on five players. The only signing we made in Jan 2012 was Cisse.

Where then? Money out of the club directly in to Ashley's pockets, if there is proof of that please feel free to show me.

http://i41.tinypic.com/33vj03q.jpg

So he hasn't pocketed any money out the club then, unless there is something there i'm not getting.

Guest taps01

That's not necessarily true not all clubs will strength significantly.

Guest neesy111

I bet most do, they'll have to or get left behind.

Exactly - if the club say they brought the spending forward in Jan the season just gone then they're admitting their own shortcomings.

Will be astonishingly bad if the club repeats what they did last summer.

http://i41.tinypic.com/33vj03q.jpg

So he hasn't pocketed any money out the club then, unless there is something there i'm not getting.

30 June 2011 we owed him £140m. A year later it went down to £129m.

I bet most do, they'll have to or get left behind.

Especially with the enhanced TV dosh. We saw Norwich, for example splash out on Van Wolfswinkel.

If we didn't get rid of anyone worthwhile (including Colo) and just signed a quality wide player and forward I don't think I would be that fussed tbh.

Krul, Santon, Haidara, Debuchy, Saylor, Colo, MYM, Debuchy, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Cisse, New wide player, new CF.

That is 18 players who should be good enough to be 1st team starters.

Elliott, Perch and Bigi I have no concerns about, maybe even Jonas in a more central position, so it's the likes of Ferguson, Sammy, Tavernier, Campbell, Obertan, Shola Dummett, Good, Inman, Vuckic, Gosling, Abeid etc.. filling in very occasionally. The first 4 it would actually be quite promising to see.

Exactly - if the club say they brought the spending forward in Jan the season just gone then they're admitting their own shortcomings.

“When you look back, and we always do, Mike and I always look at where we are as a business – but did we make a mistake in the summer? I think we did.”

Llambias, admitting his own shortcomings, 7 Feb 2013.

Guest neesy111

If we didn't get rid of anyone worthwhile (including Colo) and just signed a quality wide player and forward I don't think I would be that fussed tbh.

Krul, Santon, Haidara, Debuchy, Saylor, Colo, MYM, Debuchy, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Cisse, New wide player, new CF.

Elliott, Perch and Bigi I have no concerns about, maybe even Jonas in a more central position, so it's the likes of Ferguson, Sammy, Tavernier, Campbell, Obertan, Shola Dummett, Good, Inman, Vuckic, Gosling, Abeid etc.. filling in very occasionally. The first 4 it would actually be quite promising to see.

Serious lack of goals in that team.

:thup: He moved the summer transfers forward because the previous summer was not enough. They were already playing catch up, and it looks like the same will be repeated.

Guest bimpy474

The money he is taking out is paying back the interest free loan, well loan is the wrong term i suppose. It was the club debt that he found when he took over and he payed off with his own money. And he only did that because the fuckwit didn't do due diligence anyway.

Now if he really did want to show he really is committed long term he would write that debt off. He wont of course.

“When you look back, and we always do, Mike and I always look at where we are as a business – but did we make a mistake in the summer? I think we did.”

Llambias, admitting his own shortcomings, 7 Feb 2013.

Admittance is one thing, learning from the mistakes is quite another. Bear in mind that players will probably leave aswell, and it's open to debate if they'll get replaced, at least in time.

The side is crying out for some width and more creativity - plus the obvious one that is goals. Apart from Cisse it's no where near good enough. 

The depressing thing is thinking about what we're aiming for. We patently don't want to win a cup or qualify for the EL again, so where does that leave us? We were fortunate last season that Chelsea and Liverpool in particular had ridiculously bad, controversy-ridden seasons; this season Liverpool improved by 9pts and +21GD; Chelsea improved by 11pts and +17GD. Liverpool have had the player of the year and yet arguably play better without him and look likely to make a fortune on moving him on. Chelsea have brought Mourinho back and will presumably back him with silly money.

This year you've got to think Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea will be top three in any order and Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton will make up the rest of the 'good sides' - at least three of which are miles ahead of us in terms of squad strength, spending and pulling power. We're constantly told that we can't compete with the sovereign states, but in reality we're struggling to keep up with the chasing pack too. The Champions League spots look totally out of question now. And it's been purely out of choice IMO - failing to invest properly last summer has totally wasted that unexpected 5th place and keeping Pardew is akin to admitting defeat going forward in favour of saving further money.

I'm looking forward to next season already, but the stark truth is that we're now trying to finish ahead of the likes of West Ham and Swansea City. That's it.

Serious lack of goals in that team.

If the new CF is Messi and wide player is Bale it will do ;)

Seriously though I do think we have goals in this team, we just don't play a style to give them a chance.

I think Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux, Gouffran and Sissoko could all chip in with more than they did last season. Far worse players in this league seem to get their fair share.

:thup: He moved the summer transfers forward because the previous summer was not enough. They were already playing catch up, and it looks like the same will be repeated.

They haven't got a fucking clue. Useless, all of em. Fat Mike, Llambriaarse and the cunt of a manager we are stuck with. Fuckwits every man jack of them.

No way in hell that we aren't losing 1 or 2 of HBA, Colo, Cisse or Cabaye (imo)..... if we don't replace AND strengthen key positions Pardcunt will have us in bottom 3 easy. Useless twat will have us close anyway mind.