NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Bent can f*ck right off..... i don't care what his record is etc etc.

We have the superior version of him already, we need a striker like Carroll or Bony IMO to compliment what we already have.

Get Douglas in to compliment what defenders we have, get an actual winger like Payet and then get a striker who will offer us what we don't have.

We have a poacher, we have someone who looks to run in behind with pace and directness in Gouffran, now give me someone who can hold the ball up and bring others into play while being able to dominate aerially and score goals.

Bony/Carroll to go with Cisse and Gouffran ( obviously not all at the same time) is the perfect compliment of strikers and offer different things while remaining a goal threat.

£6 million for a proven 1 in 2 striker isn't bad at all.

He's currently a 1in 4 striker.

179 in 426 says wiki  :dontknow:

I meant this season. His previous matters very little, he's not that player any more.

Not sure why not. He's only started 2 league games this season so it's very harsh to judge him on that.

2/3 decent seasons out of him and hopefully seeing him recapture his Sunderland form would do for me if the alleged 5-6 million price is true.

Seems highly unlikely though, isn't young, isn't cheap isn't french, won't happen.

I'm of the persuasion that no matter who we bring in Pardew will still find a way of fucking it up anyway. Not a shred of optimism for the season ahead, for the first time ever.

Oh my God ... this better not be Pardew's English older experienced player bullshit. f*** right off motherfucker!

:lol: I don't understand can be so violently averse to Bent. I rather not sign him personally, but he's always been a decent player.

well he played for the mackems for a start

next he's proven throughout his career he can only play as a loan striker, seeing as we've already got a better, younger version why would we bother?

maybe those 2 things

Oh my God ... this better not be Pardew's English older experienced player bullshit. f*** right off motherfucker!

:lol: I don't understand can be so violently averse to Bent. I rather not sign him personally, but he's always been a decent player.

well he played for the mackems for a start

next he's proven throughout his career he can only play as a loan striker, seeing as we've already got a better, younger version why would we bother?

maybe those 2 things

Maybe we should just loan him then :p

The only way we'll sign Bent is if Cisse goes IMO - absolutely no point having 2 strikers with exactly the same weaknesses.

If rumours about Cisse moaning about Wonga and wanting more money are true it could well happen though.

He'd be a useful option to have around, but if we only sign one striker I wouldn't want it to be Bent.

At Villa, he's been displaced from the central role by Benteke, and Weimann and Agbonlohor are far better suited to the secondary roles. I don't think we can necessarily assume that his form has plummeted that much. But as people say, he has his limitations.

“We are losing Harps as well and that’s another source of experience. Shola too, so we might be losing two or three very big senior players.”

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/is-this-real-life-240x180.jpg

Guest SweMatt

Williamson and Ameobi both going? There would not be enough Champagne in France to cover my neet oot if that happened.

Guest neesy111

Williamson and Ameobi both going? There would not be enough Champagne in France to cover my neet oot if that happened.

:lol:

Good god this bent thing surely won't happen.

with the prospect of working with Pardew and the chance of a spot in any England squad that travels to the World Cup major incentives

:yao:

absolutely absurd that we even considered offering him a new contract.

Extremely surprised that it was Shola who asked for 'thinking time'. Guess it's feasible he could make a semi-decent career in the USA or somewhere for a couple of seasons.

That article seems mostly bollocks though - why would he suddenly decide he wants more starts now he's 31. It never bothered him before.