NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'd happilly take Jozy Altidore in our squad competing for the striking role - he's actually a good all around footballer with strength, pace, and link-up play ability. Not sure he's a first 11 player b/c hes not nearly as lethal a finisher as Cisse, but If he were to come in and compete that would be excellent.

I thought we were done signing has beens? I have no idea what sort of value this would represent.

It also looks as if Pardew has had his demands of more experience heard here, which is a crime. Another of the completley pointless excuses for the abomination of football we served up this season.

I thought we were done signing has beens? I have no idea what sort of value this would represent.

It also looks as if Pardew has had his demands of more experience heard here, which is a crime. Another of the completley pointless excuses for the abomination of football we served up this season.

Say what?

None of that has actually happened.

Guest Roger Kint

Say what?

:lol: The lengths some people go to to slag off Pardew on here.

Say what?

He's probably after Bent to play on the wing anyway  ;)

Say what?

Just going off the players we're getting linked with. If we're trying to rectify what went wrong last season by buying more Premier League experience, his argument has probably hit home. It's not going to lengths - is it?

The fact that the board backed Pardew and stuck by him indicates that they have no idea how much his tactical ineptude and negative mentality contributed to our downfall.

Guest Roger Kint

Say what?

Just going off the players we're getting linked with. If we're trying to rectify what went wrong last season by buying more Premier League experience, his argument has probably hit home. It's not going to lengths - is it?

The fact that the board backed Pardew and stuck by him indicates that they have no idea how much his tactical ineptude and negative mentality contributed to our downfall.

You think taking this link as gospel when the local press have pissed all over it today and its doesnt make any sense anyway isnt going to lengths? Its lazy journalism which you seemingly want to beleive. You couldnt even resist signing off with the same old crap man :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Say what?

You think taking this link as gospel when the local press have pissed all over it today and its doesnt make any sense anyway isnt going to lengths? Its lazy journalism which you seemingly want to beleive. You couldnt even resist signing off with the same old crap man :lol:

Considering you think links = truth then the list of other players linked this this month(Bojan, Will Hughes, Wanyama, Eder, Valbuena, Ince, Pearce, Douglas) suggests anything but a Pardew led policy and more bullshit media stories tbh.

So the Cisse thing is indeed true. We're probably looking into the possibility of replacing him with Bent then.

Whoah, slight leap of faith there Dave.

Eh, you agreed with me earlier. :lol:

I'm not saying it's going to happen, just seems to fit.

Guest neesy111

So the Cisse thing is indeed true. We're probably looking into the possibility of replacing him with Bent then.

? Source

Cisse thread.

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye and Eric Abidal are the latest players to be linked with a move to mega-rich Monaco.

The Frenchman hit the headlines last week by declaring his interest in a move to Manchester United, leading to speculation that he is unsettled on Tyneside.

And along with free agent Eric Abidal, the 27-year-old is on the radar of the newly-promoted Principality club.

"Yohan Cabaye? He is an exciting player," Monaco CEO Vadim Vasilyev told L'Equipe.

"And Abidal is a strong player. If he could come back to Le Championnat everyone would be delighted."

The acquisition of French players from Ligue 1 is more difficult, as Monaco await the decision from the FFF about whether they need to pay taxes like any other French club.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8772397/Premier-League-Newcastle-midfielder-Yohan-Cabaye-attracts-Monaco-interest