NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

No chance would Bent be coming to be anything other than a first XI player, probably alongside Cisse.

To be honest, with service they could get 30-40 between them even if they don't necessarily click as a partnership as such. Might take a few games (hopefully a proper pre-season) to get to know each other's runs but I'd love to see him here. Been too long since we've had a natural goalscorer imo.

They're both incapable of playing with a striker partner. I think it would be comical at best to see them try to form an understanding.

No chance would Bent be coming to be anything other than a first XI player, probably alongside Cisse.

To be honest, with service they could get 30-40 between them even if they don't necessarily click as a partnership as such. Might take a few games (hopefully a proper pre-season) to get to know each other's runs but I'd love to see him here. Been too long since we've had a natural goalscorer imo.

They're both incapable of playing with a striker partner. I think it would be comical at best to see them try to form an understanding.

It's the sort of thing we'd like to see up the road so we can laugh at them...

2009-10 season, he played the majority of the season alongside Jones and he got 24 league goals (Jones got 9).

IF w are looking at 4-3-3 type formation or 4-1-2-3 any formation with three forwards then Bent will sign. IF it is to replace Shola then its superb business, if Shola stays and we sign Bent that its a travesty and there will be no chance of us singing another striker.

Can't say I agree. We already have a natural goalscorer in Cisse, and Bent is inferior and too similar. We should be looking for a wide forward, preferably one who can also play central (PEA would be ideal). As much as I'm against it, even a return to a more direct style with a Carroll type alongside Cisse would be more successful (albeit limiting the potential of the team). Bent could actually be the worst type of striker signing we could make considering he'd be a first choice player.

IF w are looking at 4-3-3 type formation or 4-1-2-3 any formation with three forwards then Bent will sign. IF it is to replace Shola then its superb business, if Shola stays and we sign Bent that its a travesty and there will be no chance of us singing another striker.

Cisse shifted out wide to accommodate Bent? :anguish:

And Sunderland were absolutely horrendous that season.

He was in a shit team though. Get him in a team with HBA, Cabaye (hmm), and another winger and I reckon he'd score for fun. Even his last season with Spurs he was their top scorer when Harry turned it round from Ramos and that was alongside Keane or Pavlyuchenko.

He was in a shit team though. Get him in a team with HBA, Cabaye (hmm), and another winger and I reckon he'd score for fun. Even his last season with Spurs he was their top scorer when Harry turned it round from Ramos and that was alongside Keane or Pavlyuchenko.

He is always in shit teams. That's his MO. He can't function in a side that wants to achieve anything, hence why Spurs fucked him off.

He was in a s*** team though. Get him in a team with HBA, Cabaye (hmm), and another winger and I reckon he'd score for fun. Even his last season with Spurs he was their top scorer when Harry turned it round from Ramos and that was alongside Keane or Pavlyuchenko.

He is always in s*** teams. That's his MO. He can't function in a side that wants to achieve anything, hence why Spurs f***ed him off.

:thup:

He is always in shit teams. That's his MO. He can't function in a side that wants to achieve anything, hence why Spurs fucked him off.

This isn't meant as sarcasm but he'll be perfect for us if that's the case. If he can do what Ba was doing before he left then I'd be thrilled.

This isn't meant as sarcasm but he'll be perfect for us if that's the case. If he can do what Ba was doing before he left then I'd be thrilled.

I don't doubt under Pardew he could come in and score goals in ugly football and we'd finish about 15th. It's accepting that as the limit of our ambitions, even under Pardew that I don't want to do. It's depressing.

He is 29 and has played for 1 good team, who had 2 of their worst seasons in recent memory when he was their main forward. He isn't unlucky or been robbed of his chance by a better team. He's just not very good.

I don't doubt under Pardew he could come in and score goals in ugly football and we'd finish about 15th. It's accepting that as the limit of our ambitions, even under Pardew that I don't want to do. It's depressing.

I agree. I don't think we'll be any better next year so I'd rather have Bent than someone genuinely good who'll probably flatter to deceive under Pardz.

He is 29 and has played for 1 good team, who had 2 of their worst seasons in recent memory when he was their main forward. He isn't unlucky or been robbed of his chance by a better team. He's just not very good.

I'm pretty sure from when Redknapp took over they had top 5-6 form and he got 12. Not that bad is it?

I'm pretty sure from when Redknapp took over they had top 5-6 form and he got 12. Not that bad is it?

6 months, then Redknapp flogged him.

He had a thing for Crouch & Defoe who he took back from Pompey though.

He had a thing for Crouch & Defoe who he took back from Pompey though.

The freak and greedy dwarf worked better than Bent did.

What other clubs are being linked to Bent at the moment? Fulham I've seen, and some newly promoted clubs. The same pattern of his whole career, apart from when Spurs stepped in to sign him but they also signed David Bentley for £15 million at the same time so we'll put that down to a moment of insanity.