NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

No way Carr will resign at his age with a long term contract sewn up

Exactly.

Why not? He's at an age where he could think "Fuck this, I don't need this shit" and take up playing golf. If he wanted to be in football I'm sure there would be a host of Premiership clubs willing to take him on board, where his opinion is respected.

His job hasnt changed and as far as we know it wont either. He is still chief scout, he will still do the scouting and he will still hand his findings/recommendations to someone at the club to decide if they will buy them. Only difference its now a bloke he has known for decades(apparently)instead of Pardew. Theres nothing to suggest he would want to quit aside from people speculating without a clue whats actually going on.

Exactly.

Why not? He's at an age where he could think "f*** this, I don't need this s***" and take up playing golf. If he wanted to be in football I'm sure there would be a host of Premiership clubs willing to take him on board, where his opinion is respected.

His job hasnt changed and as far as we know it wont either. He is still chief scout, he will still do the scouting and he will still hand his findings/recommendations to someone at the club to decide if they will buy them. Only difference its now a bloke he has known for decades(apparently)instead of Pardew. Theres nothing to suggest he would want to quit aside from people speculating without a clue whats actually going on.

We know for a fact an utter loon of a man will second guess his every recommendation. I'd say it changes the landscape quite significantly.

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly.

Why not? He's at an age where he could think "f*** this, I don't need this s***" and take up playing golf. If he wanted to be in football I'm sure there would be a host of Premiership clubs willing to take him on board, where his opinion is respected.

We know for a fact an utter loon of a man will second guess his every recommendation. I'd say it changes the landscape quite significantly.

How many of his picks have been rejected by Pardew/Llambias prior to this loon being appointed? Are you going to say none with any seriousness? JFK hasnt done a bloody thing to second guess him so far(Douglas rumour aside which you will clearly assume is fact) yet you claim it as fact now? Christ :lol:

Depends how bad Kinnear really is to work with, and what kind of signings he has been told to look for (if any). If Carr knows him and can deal with him, and Pardew decides not to walk, the damage might be minimised. Best case scenario like.

Exactly.

Is there any possibility Carr's wages include bonuses if the player makes X amount of appearances or some bonus based on the value the player is sold on for?

Would be a good incentive for a scout (in my limited mind) tbf.

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly.

Is there any possibility Carr's wages include bonuses if the player makes X amount of appearances or some bonus based on the value the player is sold on for?

Would be a good incentive for a scout (in my limited mind) tbf.

Well i have no idea on that, obviously unbelievable will know the full details of his contract for you. I agree it would be a good incentive but as he is still doing that job he will continue to get that bonus for doing his job. For all we know JFK is massively overstating his role as well, it wouldnt surprise anyone.

Llambias has walked, I don't think anything is out of the question now.

Exactly. If the best argument for Carr not walking is he is a fan that represents very, very little. Plenty of fans on here have expressed their disgust and turned their back to the club the last few days.

Guest Phil K

DOuglass messed us about, so am not bothered.

True. Douglas's attitude wasn't the best. He essentially buggered us about in the hope a "bigger team" came in for him

The fact that NOBODY seemed interested in him may speak volumes.

No he hasnt, hes moved sideways.  why are people talking utter bollocks about all of this?  Lambazy is an accountant(effectively) and should never have been involved on the football side.  Its clear that the press are printing all sorts of made up junk over this, and some you sponges are just accepting it.  Be discerning for once in yer life!

No he hasnt, hes moved sideways.  why are people talking utter bollocks about all of this?  Lambazy is an accountant(effectively) and should never have been involved on the football side.  Its clear that the press are printing all sorts of made up junk over this, and some you sponges are just accepting it.  Be discerning for once in yer life!

:kinnear:

Guest antz1uk

sideways all the way back to london, Llambias the crab

:lol:

sideways all the way back to london, Llambias the crab

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Being a loon is one of the necessities of being an NUFC fan...is it not?

:cheesy:

I think it is indeed a requirement. :lol:

Being a loon is one of the necessities of being an NUFC fan...is it not?

:cheesy:

I think it is indeed a requirement. :lol:

I'm not sure what it says about us non-native fans. We actually chose to follow this club at one point. Epitome of loony. :lol: