NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

Sod signing big names, i'd rather we carry on as we are, signing young hungry skillful players who are under the radars of the so called bigger clubs, players those clubs might not regard as big enough for them.

Plenty of brilliant players about, as we have been shown, lets just leave it to Graham Carr as he really is our ace in the pack, if the last 18 months are anything to go by.

the thing is cabaye was a big name, as was cisse, just not to the closed eyes and ears of the english sports media.

My point exactly, up and coming big names in their leagues, but ignored by the bigger clubs here, now unless Bayern, Dortmund in Germany or PSG and.....god knows who else in France doesn't want them. Not regarded as big enough for our so called elite clubs, these are the crackers i'd rather we sign.......Carr is looknig superb at spotting them too.

we have an advantage over many german and french clubs, we play in england and many players see it as the best league in the world.

Very true and much to our advantage, i just think our policy is spot on, although people want Ashley to get credit for it, i dont, i think this has landed in his lap more by luck than his judgement. Not complaining in any way, he seems to realise this is the right way and will continue with it, having the season we are having helps i guess.

Sod signing big names, i'd rather we carry on as we are, signing young hungry skillful players who are under the radars of the so called bigger clubs, players those clubs might not regard as big enough for them.

Plenty of brilliant players about, as we have been shown, lets just leave it to Graham Carr as he really is our ace in the pack, if the last 18 months are anything to go by.

the thing is cabaye was a big name, as was cisse, just not to the closed eyes and ears of the english sports media.

My point exactly, up and coming big names in their leagues, but ignored by the bigger clubs here, now unless Bayern, Dortmund in Germany or PSG and.....god knows who else in France doesn't want them. Not regarded as big enough for our so called elite clubs, these are the crackers i'd rather we sign.......Carr is looknig superb at spotting them too.

we have an advantage over many german and french clubs, we play in england and many players see it as the best league in the world.

Very true and much to our advantage, i just think our policy is spot on, although people want Ashley to get credit for it, i dont, i think this has landed in his lap more by luck than his judgement. Not complaining in any way, he seems to realise this is the right way and will continue with it, having the season we are having helps i guess.

it's sod all to do with luck. he got his fingers burnt with barton, smith, even colo to an extent early on and learned for it.

Guest bimpy474

it's sod all to do with luck. he got his fingers burnt with barton, smith, even colo to an extent early on and learned for it.

In regards to luck, i meant he lucked out with Carr, he wouldn't have known Graham Carr from a lampost, he lucked out with Chrissy bringing him in, in the end its turned out good for us so i'm not complaining too much.

In regards to luck, i meant he lucked out with Carr, he wouldn't have known Graham Carr from a lampost, he lucked out with Chrissy bringing him in, in the end its turned out good for us so i'm not complaining too much.

Was Hughton that brought Carr in. Sorry, just saw you said that. Ignore my stupidity!

who brought hughton in, who gave the ok to bring carr in ? it was as lucky as any signing. also you'd have to say the policy now implemented seems from the top.

Linked with Bas Dost if Ba leaves in the summer.

High as a tower, and score goals in Holland.

any good?

Its from Lee Ryder mind, so probably bull to the s***.

Bas Dost looks like the real deal at Heerenveen, but then so others like Afonso Alves have done. In the last summer transfer window, Ajax were very keen on him as a Suarez replacement, but Heerenveen didn't want to let him go.  His height obviously makes him a good target man, but he's also quite a good finisher. He is however not the type of footballer who can really create chances; he needs service or he's useless. Apparently has a release clause of 7 million euros. Personally I think it's a big gamble and I'd much prefer if Ba stayed.

Guest bimpy474

who brought hughton in, who gave the ok to bring carr in ? it was as lucky as any signing. also you'd have to say the policy now implemented seems from the top.

I'll give him credit for Pardew and for the policy now, but everything else you stated for me was just luck, they gave Chrissy a job but lucked out that he as he has proven, has turned out to be a good manager, Ashley wouldn't have known that, tbf i'd rather have a lucky owner/chairman/manager. And obviously he deserves credit for way he has had the financial side of the club sorted out.

If Ba where to go i would rather get a player more suited to the left sided role in a 4-3-3.

Imagine Hoilett-Cissé-Ben Arfa. We'd win 10-0 every game.

Hoilett looks a lazy bastard when the oppostion's got the ball.

If Ba where to go i would rather get a player more suited to the left sided role in a 4-3-3.

Hoilett looks a lazy b****** when the oppostion's got the ball.

So did Ben Arfa earlier in the season.

Hoilett looks a lazy b****** when the oppostion's got the ball.

Just let Pards at him, he'll soon change. :)

On a serious note I've not seen that much of Hoilett but he does seem to be useful.

I'll give him credit for Pardew and for the policy now, but everything else you stated for me was just luck, they gave Chrissy a job but lucked out that he as he has proven, has turned out to be a good manager, Ashley wouldn't have known that, tbf i'd rather have a lucky owner/chairman/manager. And obviously he deserves credit for way he has had the financial side of the club sorted out.

he gave chris the job as he was also given the best squad in the division, he could've garage saled like leeds did but no, he took the hit and kept players if we weren't offered decent value. look at graham carr's fantastic signings at other clubs where he worked ? whats changed, his brief has changed, thats not luck. if ashley is to be blamed for our relegation he has to take all the plaudits for where we are now, if not then lets put the relegation down to bad luck. if not why not ?

Completely agree with that, no need to start buying players on huge wages that will most likely flop because they dont care just because we have european football.

As for the Chron saying we are identifying targets in case Ba leaves...... i see nothing wrong with that if he does have that clause in his contract then that makes us vulnerable so i see no problem with preparing for all possible outcomes.

Not sure Dost is the man tho, to me we would need a forward that is mobile and thus play across the front 3 like Ba does and not a #9 but i think we are being linked with #9's because Ba scored alot goals and ignoring the fact he moves across the front line and we seem to prefer 4-3-3 now.

I see no reason buying players like Giroud or Dost and stick them out on the wing where it would just be our own version of Chelsea's f*ck up with Drogba-Anelka-Torres.

I would want and would expect us to go for a mobile forward that can play across the front line and not just someone who plays in the centre.

Would prefer Ba to stay tho.

oh and if we are to play 4-3-3 and ba should go then marveaux (fingers crossed with his injury) would suit that down to the ground. i'd still want another forward brought in mind, not just for cover but to offer a little different if need be to cisse and to go 2 up front if we want.

oh and if we are to play 4-3-3 and ba should go then marveaux (fingers crossed with his injury) would suit that down to the ground. i'd still want another forward brought in mind, not just for cover but to offer a little different if need be to cisse and to go 2 up front if we want.

Even if Ba were to go id like another forward that can play across the front line like Ba, one thing we will be in 4 competitions most likely next season so we need more depth.

I expect us to move on Lovenkrands and replace him with a young forward that can play outwide and in the centre.

That is if 4-3-3 is the long term plan after the Bolton game i am having 2nd thoughts it might not be lol.

Haven't seen enough of Marveaux tbh. I was kind of hoping that Vuckic might fit in there, left side of a front 3. Would need to help out defending on that side but no where as much responsibilty as the LM position.

Still, guess we'll have to wait and see on both of them!

Hoilett looks a lazy bastard when the oppostion's got the ball.

Interesting you should say that, because despite his obvious talent, I've got a slight concern about Hoilett's attitude as well. Given that he fully intends to leave in a few weeks time, it must be difficult for him to maintain his focus and motivation. He seems to be playing in 'bursts' at the moment.

Zaha and Moses are the others who I think would be good buys. Zaha is lower down on his learning curve, but of the three could well turn out to be the best of the lot IMO.

Agree with that - Zaha from Palace is another mentioned in the Chron article who can play as a wide forward - bags of pace too.

Agree with that - Zaha from Palace is another mentioned in the Chron article who can play as a wide forward - bags of pace too.

Zaha, if coached correctly can go on to become an extremely good player. All the signs are there that he's going to make it at the top level

To follow on from madras' point earlier about us being a pull I'm sure I read due to taxation laws French clubs have to pay 20%+ more than what English clubs would do to a player on the same wages making it easier for us to offer more net income to the players. Not sure what it's like in Germany but iirc it applies to a lesser degree in Spain too.

Anyhoo back to the random speculation...

Wahhi Khazri.

To follow on from madras' point earlier about us being a pull I'm sure I read due to taxation laws French clubs have to pay 20%+ more than what English clubs would do to a player on the same wages making it easier for us to offer more net income to the players. Not sure what it's like in Germany but iirc it applies to a lesser degree in Spain too.

Anyhoo back to the random speculation...

Wahhi Khazri.

I like this. Random young player in the French league as cover for across the front three... Jordan Ayew

From .com

After that game, Twente boss Steve Maclaren refused to answer media questions regarding interest in a number of his players from Premier League clubs, notably defender Douglas. The Dutch side have already agreed a deal for their Australian forward Brett Holman to join Aston Villa at the end of this season.

Holman plays for AZ