Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Pointless signing if we are to continue this long ball up and at em type of game.

We play Ba and Cisse too far apart.

Do we? Seem on each other's feet to me half the time. Trying to win a ball in the air that they've got no chance of winning.

Guest hatem garrincha

Seriously, he didn't see the ball today. He's one of the most talented player in that team.

Guest palnese

Absolutely bollocks yesterday, unfortunately. Really don't think him and Ba are a top 6 partnership  :sigh:

Needs time like.

Cisse is a poacher and can't play as a target man, which he had to do with all the hoofing yesterday.

He's a poacher in some regards, but he also scrambles around a bit. Went off the boil a bit yesterday, think his head was fried by the intensity of the occasion tbh.

Still a very eggciting talent though.

He's a poacher in some regards, but he also scrambles around a bit. Went off the boil a bit yesterday, think his head was fried by the intensity of the occasion tbh.

Still a very eggciting talent though.

:scared:

Needs time to settle still.  My only criticism is his close control lets him down a fair bit.  He does not seem to like being a target player either.  The later point should not be an issue, would just like to see better control of the ball.

He will most certainly be a massive player for us.  We just need a lot more creativity coming from wide and also decent balls through on the floor.  He will definitely latch on to them.

Its our tactics that are limiting both him and Ba, you can't have two poachers who can make all the right movement upfront and end up hoofing the ball to them, we need to keep it on the ground and have the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa feed them.

We're playing with a man short when Pardew goes the direct route. The ball just doesn't stick and I doubt Cisse himself relishes having any of the back 5 pick him out to get on the end of one of their punts.

Yesterday I said at half time we'd be better off swapping him for Shola if thats the style of play favoured by the manager. Its awful to watch and goes nowhere near bringing the best out of Cisse.

Needs time to settle still. My only criticism is his close control lets him down a fair bit.  He does not seem to like being a target player either.  The later point should not be an issue, would just like to see better control of the ball.

He will most certainly be a massive player for us.  We just need a lot more creativity coming from wide and also decent balls through on the floor.  He will definitely latch on to them.

His close control was superb in his debut against Villa when he had a bit more time, once he gets used to the league he'll be fine, I think his link up play's actually really good.

We're playing with a man short when Pardew goes the direct route. The ball just doesn't stick and I doubt Cisse himself relishes having any of the back 5 pick him out to get on the end of one of their punts.

Yesterday I said at half time we'd be better off swapping him for Shola if thats the style of play favoured by the manager. Its awful to watch and goes nowhere near bringing the best out of Cisse.

A 4 lines post from Crumpy!  :love:

Agreed 100%. Not sure if anyone watched the way Fulham dismantled Wolves yesterday. The way they delivered the ball to Pogrebnyak is exactly the way we should be getting it to Cisse. They tore through Wolves like a hot knife through butter.