Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't appreciate at the time how good a finish it was. Fantastic skill though.

Same. Looked a fine finish from the Gallowgate but on the replays it's f***ing sensational.

Aye, this. Such a goalscorer.

Going to really enjoy watching him here - if he stays on the pitch for 90 minutes like.

Yeah, just like the other one he shinned into the top corner against Villa. Best shins in the league man.

As good as Rooney's shinned over-head...

I'm not sure how much of the contact was his shin.  Did look substantial on my skygo stream.

Guest Tyson

He's a very clean ball-striker. It's not difficult to see why he previously took home an annual award over in the Bundesliga given to strikers & forwards, which is gifted to the league's most efficient finisher. I think it's calculated on a 'mininum number of goals to shots' ratio iirc.

Yeah, just like the other one he shinned into the top corner against Villa. Best shins in the league man.

As good as Rooney's shinned over-head...

I'm not sure how much of the contact was his shin.  Did look substantial on my skygo stream.

sarcasm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Papiss-Cisse-Exclusive-Partnership-with-Demba-will-take-Newcastle-into-Europe-article882485.html

Cisse Exclusive: Europe awaits for strikers made in Senegal

Published 22:24 24/03/12 By Brian McNally

Senegal shooting stars Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse believe their goals can fire Newcastle back into Europe.

The international team-mates have bagged an impressive 63 goals in total in both the Premier League and the Bundesliga since the start of the 2010-11 campaign.

And 26-year-old Ba – just nine days older than his Senegal compatriot – has been voted signing of the season after scoring 16 times for Newcastle this term after his summer switch from West Ham.

But Cisse – a £9million January buy from German outfit Freiburg, where he scored 22 goals last season – ­insists the best is still to come from their burgeoning partnership at Newcastle.

Cisse said: “I’ve made a good start to my career at Newcastle on the pitch, scoring in three of my first four home games.

“But it has been difficult off the field as I don’t speak English yet.

“It is hard for me to understand sometimes what people are saying but, thankfully, the manager has been patient.

“I speak four languages and, with people at the club helping me all the time, I feel I will soon be able to ­converse in English.

“Demba Ba, who speaks good ­English, has been ­helping me with the language and there are also a lot of French-­speaking players at the club who have been assisting me.

“Demba and I know each other from the Senegal national team, but we are still getting used to each other in the Newcastle side. We know we have got to do a bit more to find the right blend. But the partnership will improve and I think the best is still to come.”

Cisse admits the lure of playing in the Premier League and the ­possibility of qualifying for Europe were big factors in his move.

The Magpies head to West Brom today well placed to play in Europe for the first time since the 2006/07 campaign.

Cisse added: “It is a dream of mine to play in Europe. I came to England to play at the highest level and to test myself in European ­competition.

“Hopefully, next season we will have that European spot. It is ­important that the club gets back into Europe as soon as possible.

“Myself, Demba Ba and all the ­players will be doing our best to ­ensure that we achieve that target. We know what is required.” Ba ­insists he is ignoring rumours that he could use a contract get-out clause to leave Tyneside in the close season and insists he wants to play in Europe with Newcastle next ­season.

Ba said: “We have got ourselves into a very good position. We have put ourselves into a situation where have a great chance of getting into Europe and that would be a big achievement.

“We’re working hard every day to make sure we stay ­focused over the last nine games of the season ­starting with West Bromwich.

“West Brom beat us at our ground before Christmas and that hurt us very hard.

“This is a big club that ­deserves to play European football, but we have some tough games coming up over the next few weeks and it is up to us to make sure we give ourselves a chance.

“I don’t listen to the talk. I am thinking only of helping Newcastle to qualify for ­Europe. Nothing else interests me.”

Ba insists that the relationship with Cisse will blossom, although both players accept Alan Pardew will choose to go with just one of them up front in some away games.

Ba explained: “I’m feeling good about the run-in and enjoying ­playing alongside Papiss.

“It takes time to get used to things when you move to a new ­country, but he’s scoring goals, and that’s all you can ask of a striker.

“I was delighted ­Papiss got the ­winner against Norwich City in our last game and it was a goal that’s typical of him. He was quick to see the ­opportunity when Jonas Gutierrez provided the cross, and then more so to hit the target with a shot that gave the keeper no chance at all.”

Cisse has just five Premier League games under his belt, but already he feels the English top tier may be ­superior to the German ­version.

Cisse explained: “The Premier League is regarded as one of the best in the world and I have found it to be a very high standard.

“But I have to give respect to the Bundesliga as that is where I got my big break in English football and I enjoyed my time there. But maybe the Premier League just edges it.”

Newcastle’s new number nine is still waiting to meet the most famous Toon centre forward in ­recent years – Alan Shearer.

Cisse confesses: “I have heard all about him from everyone in ­Newcastle. I haven’t met Alan S­hearer yet, but I know he’s a big man!”

Guest bimpy474

Shinner or outside of the foot, it doesn't matter, the ball went exactly where he wanted it to on purpose, there was no luck involved at all, it was a brilliant finish.