Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If you can't get the best out of a player like Papiss Cisse then you're doing something seriously wrong tbh. Give him chances, he will take them.

Not once have we even tried the 4-3-3 that had him scoring a goal a game.

If you can't get the best out of a player like Papiss Cisse then you're doing something seriously wrong tbh. Give him chances, he will take them.

Exactly, Perch's through ball was inches away from getting to him and I am confident he would have buried it.

Exactly. Play 4-4-2 and you will get more goals out of Ba, play 4-3-3 and you will get more goals out of Cisse. There doesn't seem to be much inbetween which is our problem.

Exactly. Play 4-4-2 and you will get more goals out of Ba, play 4-3-3 and you will get more goals out of Cisse. There doesn't seem to be much inbetween which is our problem.

Not sure I agree there. Interchangeable positions in a 4-3-3 would be part of my "solution". Stick either Ba or Cisse on the left of the 3 for too long and they will:

a) not score as many goals ( / possibly become dissatisfied)

b) burn out much quicker

There's something to be said for continuity, but I do think fluidity and fungibilty in-game addresses this and gives us more unpredictability - which is more difficult to defend against.

Not sure I agree there. Interchangeable positions in a 4-3-3 would be part of my "solution". Stick either Ba or Cisse on the left of the 3 for too long and they will:

a) not score as many goals ( / possibly become dissatisfied)

b) burn out much quicker

There's something to be said for continuity, but I do think fluidity and fungibilty in-game addresses this and gives us more unpredictability - which is more difficult to defend against.

:thup: it can't be too hard surely :lol:

Someone mentioned earlier in a different thread or post that we could do with playing our first choice against a weaker Europa league side and just go for the jugular quick and easy. Think it would do a Cisse/Ba a load of good with playing as a partnership and just dominating and trashing a squad for the mental psyche.

Someone mentioned earlier in a different thread or post that we could do with playing our first choice against a weaker Europa league side and just go for the jugular quick and easy. Think it would do a Cisse/Ba a load of good with playing as a partnership and just dominating and trashing a squad for the mental psyche.

Be good for Maritimo at home

He needs to bit pressing the line and making those runs.  Ok some are offside, but thats this game.  Too many hopefull balls thrown his way this season and crucially, very little support in the follow up.  He has been coming far too deep and wide this season compared to last.

Thats a formation thing IMO (and service clearly)

Players Taking The Mickey In Training

Papiss Cisse finally found the net in the Premier League, courtesy of his back against West Brom last weekend. His Newcastle team-mates have been trying to replicate that strike in training.

Alan Pardew says the lads have been ‘taking the mickey‘ out of Cisse, and trying to score with a similar deflection to the one which took the ball past Ben Foster.

The gaffer said:

“The guys have been taking the mickey out of him (Cisse) all week. But I still think it is a great thing that the ball struck him and went in like that.

“Cheick (Tiote) has been laughing at him all week, trying to hit him and deflect the ball into the goal. Everyone’s been doing it.

“If anything, I think it probably deepens his resolve to get a proper goal. But I really don’t care how they go in. They can do it again in a game for all I care.”

Cisse will be hoping to add to his tally, with top scorer Demba Ba a doubt for tomorrow’s game at Liverpool.

Great team spirit among the camp. It’s great to know the lads are sharing a joke and lifting Cisse together. He’s an important player and a ‘proper’ goal tomorrow could kick-start his season.

Players Taking The Mickey In Training

Papiss Cisse finally found the net in the Premier League, courtesy of his back against West Brom last weekend. His Newcastle team-mates have been trying to replicate that strike in training.

Alan Pardew says the lads have been ‘taking the mickey‘ out of Cisse, and trying to score with a similar deflection to the one which took the ball past Ben Foster.

The gaffer said:

“The guys have been taking the mickey out of him (Cisse) all week. But I still think it is a great thing that the ball struck him and went in like that.

“Cheick (Tiote) has been laughing at him all week, trying to hit him and deflect the ball into the goal. Everyone’s been doing it.

“If anything, I think it probably deepens his resolve to get a proper goal. But I really don’t care how they go in. They can do it again in a game for all I care.”

Mad fucker :lol: :lol: