Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

fuck off with your religious crap keep that made up bullshit out of the sport.

Seriously, you've just discredited anything you've wrote with ridiculous statements like that.

Aye he's dropped 15 places in the credible posters league.

Aye, and with no Founding Father badge to boost his credibility mana, he's gonna find it really hard to get back into the top 400.

Wonder how far above neesy this dramatic blow leaves him?

An angle I don't believe has been explored is the pressure Cisse might be under to make some kind of protest from external bodies. I know he has his charities, and is involved with his community back in Senegal. What's to say he's not getting it in the ear from religious groups linked to these? There's obviously a lot more to this than we currently know as, outwardly, he doesn't appear to be the most strict or devout Muslim.

What about his family as well? 

I best not comment any further.

Why?  I was just saying he might be under pressure from his family members back home, is another reason for his viewpoint.

You both have very pertinent points.

It feels almost as if we don't know 100% of things that go on behind the scenes at NUFC. Very troubling.

:lol: Could do with a few more ITKs really.

An angle I don't believe has been explored is the pressure Cisse might be under to make some kind of protest from external bodies. I know he has his charities, and is involved with his community back in Senegal. What's to say he's not getting it in the ear from religious groups linked to these? There's obviously a lot more to this than we currently know as, outwardly, he doesn't appear to be the most strict or devout Muslim.

What about his family as well? 

I best not comment any further.

Why?  I was just saying he might be under pressure from his family members back home, is another reason for his viewpoint.

You both have very pertinent points.

It feels almost as if we don't know 100% of things that go on behind the scenes at NUFC. Very troubling.

:lol: Could do with a few more ITKs really.

Smart take. :thup:

fuck off with your religious crap keep that made up bullshit out of the sport.

Seriously, you've just discredited anything you've wrote with ridiculous statements like that.

Aye he's dropped 15 places in the credible posters league.

:lol: We should have power rankings.

As far as i know... even in every moslem majority countries... bank always gives out loan interest. Just calculation of the interest was different a bit lenient towards borrowers. I think Papis just see Wonga a bit over the top of loan interest. Then he feel something wasn't very right.

He wants a pay rise, end of, moralistic stuff is bollocks, but a canny lever

how exactly does refusing to wear a sponsor get him a pay rise?

The sponsor angle gives him an "unsettled" excuse for "talks", club could call his bluff and say OK no sponsor on your shirt or even Wonga could say, we're Cool with it be canny pr for them tbh. Otherwise there'll be a statement saying there's been an accommodation and he'll wear the shirt shortly followed by Cisse signs a new deal. Shit how many Muslim players advertise banks and booze etc on shirts.

He's a footballer with agents and they're all a bunch of twats he wants more dosh, here or somewhere else.

Why now, why not moral outrage as soon as the Wonga deal broke, he knew ages ago (whilst advertising a bank on his shirt) he would continue to be a hoarding for practices at odds with his faith, oh yeah transfer window wasn't open back then.

They're an abysmal company, you don't have to be religious to think so. I fully back him in this.

To refuse to put on the shirt for the club that plays him handsomely for a fucking sponsor name on it, give over.

Some people actually have morals. I highly doubt he'll refuse to wear it, it's his right to object to something and if the club don't compromise with him then we see the real value they put on players, as objects for gain rather than people.

Of course you could avoid all this by not cheapening the club by associating it with such a shit brand to start with...

They're an abysmal company, you don't have to be religious to think so. I fully back him in this.

To refuse to put on the shirt for the club that plays him handsomely for a f***ing sponsor name on it, give over.

Some people actually have morals. I highly doubt he'll refuse to wear it, it's his right to object to something and if the club don't compromise with him then we see the real value they put on players, as objects for gain rather than people.

Of course you could avoid all this by not cheapening the club by associating it with such a s*** brand to start with...

There's no difference between Virgin Money and Wonga if he's playing the Islam/beliefs card, it's bollocks man !!!

Why now, why not moral outrage as soon as the Wonga deal broke, he knew ages ago (whilst advertising a bank on his shirt) he would continue to be a hoarding for practices at odds with his faith, oh yeah transfer window wasn't open back then.

Again FFS?

To refuse to put on the shirt for the club that plays him handsomely for a f***ing sponsor name on it, give over.

Of course you could avoid all this by not cheapening the club by associating it with such a s*** brand to start with...

Nearly all football clubs are sponsored by either banks, insurance companies, gambling companies, energy companies, airlines or alcoholic beverages. You could have major reservations with each and every single one of these industries. If professional football players start to play the "shit brand" card, they should ask themselves who pays their outrageous wages.