Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

So from an Islamic point of view, can someone tell me what the difference between Virgin Money and Wonga is please.

Many people would consider Wonga to be usurious. All Western banks violate Islam by charging interest, but the excessive interest charged by Wonga may simply be more egregious.

Islam doesn't do breaking the rules by degree's, the law is the law. It'd be like an Imam saying hey it's OK having a pint a day but don't get p*ssed and only one bacon butty a week, mind.

We all know that religious people pick and choose how to interpret their scripture all the time. Islam is no different to any other religion in that way.

This has to be a notable occasion because I agree with you for once..!

I was once in Malaysia, a Muslim country in the main, and our guide informed us that a certain road was a bad spot for being stopped by Police for a breathalyser ; needless to say, I queried this by saying I thought Muslims didn't touch alcohol, whereupon he replied ; 'Yes - but we are MODERN Muslims...!'

Quite right.

It's not just picking the bits they like, it is also about how observant they are in general, and islam is really no different from any other religion in that respect. I've got a Jewish mate who eats as much bacon as I do, and muslim friends who like to go out on the lash as much as I do.

The issue with islam in this country is that a relatively tiny number of either ultra-observant muslims, or muslims who twist the religion to suit their own agendas, who get way more media coverage than they deserve - either through actual acts against the state, or, like Anjem Choudary, because they're gobshites the news like to get on at every opportunity.

People then assume, mistakenly, that that's just what islam is like, when it isn't, muslims can be every bit as non-observant of their religion as the rest of us.

So from an Islamic point of view, can someone tell me what the difference between Virgin Money and Wonga is please.

Many people would consider Wonga to be usurious. All Western banks violate Islam by charging interest, but the excessive interest charged by Wonga may simply be more egregious.

Islam doesn't do breaking the rules by degree's, the law is the law. It'd be like an Imam saying hey it's OK having a pint a day but don't get p*ssed and only one bacon butty a week, mind.

We all know that religious people pick and choose how to interpret their scripture all the time. Islam is no different to any other religion in that way.

This has to be a notable occasion because I agree with you for once..!

I was once in Malaysia, a Muslim country in the main, and our guide informed us that a certain road was a bad spot for being stopped by Police for a breathalyser ; needless to say, I queried this by saying I thought Muslims didn't touch alcohol, whereupon he replied ; 'Yes - but we are MODERN Muslims...!'

Quite right.

It's not just picking the bits they like, it is also about how observant they are in general, and islam is really no different from any other religion in that respect. I've got a Jewish mate who eats as much bacon as I do, and muslim friends who like to go out on the lash as much as I do.

The issue with islam in this country is that a relatively tiny number of either ultra-observant muslims, or muslims who twist the religion to suit their own agendas, who get way more media coverage than they deserve - either through actual acts against the state, or, like Anjem Choudary, because they're gobshites the news like to get on at every opportunity.

People then assume, mistakenly, that that's just what islam is like, when it isn't, muslims can be every bit as non-observant of their religion as the rest of us.

So is Papiss an ultra-observant muslim, or a muslim who twists the religion to suit his own agenda?

Guest icemanblue

He's just a modern muslim, who is probably under a bit of pressure to make an issue out of something he's not really that arsed about. I'm reasonably confident it'll all blow over quite soon, and Cisse will start the season in his regular position. Which is offside.

So is Papiss an ultra-observant muslim, or a muslim who twists the religion to suit his own agenda?

I have no idea whatsoever. As I understand it, he hasn't spoken about it, has he?

What I do hope is true is that it turns out it really is his belief (if we can every really know, that is), rather than just an excuse to leave or screw more money out of the club. That would make it one of the more cynical, depressing demonstrations of what the modern footballer is.

Have to say, I am suspicious, and wonder how the objection to money lending squares with playing in the Barclays PL (and indeed having that on his shirt, too).

He's just a modern muslim, who is probably under a bit of pressure to make an issue out of something he's not really that arsed about. I'm reasonably confident it'll all blow over quite soon, and Cisse will start the season in his regular position. Which is offside.

:lol:

I still fail to see how any of this could be an attempt at a payrise :lol:

step 1 - player kicks up fuss about shirt sponsor

step 2 - Mike....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-orbXcIchehc/UFxOVJmOk8I/AAAAAAAADFo/tc63uabhhjU/s320/throwing-money-away.gif

:undecided:

Guest Slippery Sam

Contracts are flexible. Cisse should by himself out of the obligation if he's that arsed. Wonga should give that fee to a charity.

He wants more money (according to the Independent), not less... :lol:

Thats according to the papers. Taking things at face value this would actually be a way to resolve the issue.

That's just it. If he took a pay cut to reflect the fact he wasn't profiting from Wonga then the situation is resolved.

Just another example of a canteen religious person or cherrypicker. (Hiya Kid icarus!)

are you confusing him with woblemaster? :lol:

No Wombler is a believer. So I understand.  The Kid just turns up when I make a post so I thought I'd say hello.  Its all good.

f*** off with your religious crap keep that made up bullshit out of the sport.

Seriously, you've just discredited anything you've wrote with ridiculous statements like that.

Hehe, like I had any credit anyway. Don't get me started on religion, I fucking hate it but this isn't an appropriate forum to endless discuss the stupidity of people...... or is it ?

why the f*** is everyone seemingly so anti-Cisse and pro-Wonga?

Just let him wear a shirt without Wonga on it.  Simple as.  Winner winner chicken dinner.

So I've just started my own religion, I believe in a giant walrus who lives up a mountain above the clouds, he tells me I can't wear the colours black and white and I must hop on one foot for 5 mins at 3:20 every saturday, I've just recruited HBA and Sissoko and Cabaye into my relgion because they had a sign.

So what are the club going to do to respect my beliefs ? I want to wear a yellow shirt and orange shorts and I need a break of 5 mins in the game to observe my hopping.

See where this shit ends. There's a about as much chance of the giant walrus on a mountain existing than the god that these other religions follow.

Can't cave in to these demands sets a bad precedence.   

I just find the whole thing baffling and rediculously hypocritical.

Cisse's a muslim, yeah that's great fair play to him. But i'd bet my left nut he has an accountant working for him who shifts his money through a dozen financial institutions who's business practices are every bit as shady as wonga. But hang a trout, that's ok because they're saving Papiss money and earning him this interest his faith apparently doesn't agree with.

Put the shirt on or fuck off, simple as.

why the f*** is everyone seemingly so anti-Cisse and pro-Wonga?

Just let him wear a shirt without Wonga on it.  Simple as.  Winner winner chicken dinner.

So I've just started my own religion, I believe in a giant walrus who lives up a mountain above the clouds, he tells me I can't wear the colours black and white and I must hop on one foot for 5 mins at 3:20 every saturday, I've just recruited HBA and Sissoko and Cabaye into my relgion because they had a sign.

So what are the club going to do to respect my beliefs ? I want to wear a yellow shirt and orange shorts and I need a break of 5 mins in the game to observe my hopping.

See where this s*** ends. There's a about as much chance of the giant walrus on a mountain existing than the god that these other religions follow.

Can't cave in to these demands sets a bad precedence.   

In essence you're right, but even you'll probably agree it's a little more complicated than that :lol:

However - http://www.venganza.org/2011/07/austrian-colander/