Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

His attitude and performances have been decent. Some good efforts on goal and I think when Cabaye comes back from injury he will get better service and start scoring again.

Cabaye back from injury ???

Think he meant Jonas.

Think he meant Rob Lee

Nice chap and all and seems class off the field for all the things who does for his home town - but the sooner people stop making excuses for Cisse the better. He's instinctive but not clinical and hell likely not find that form everyone thinks he will again under Pardew. He's missed far too many chances this season when he's gotten into the right positions.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

TBF to him he is looking better game after game and I expect him to get a few goals before the end of the season. However I don't think he will ever match his goalscoring form when he joined us. He's too instinctive, not calm in front of goal and his game hasn't progressed. He hasn't benefited from our average service but yesterday he still had at least 3 decent chances to score a goal. He makes the same predictable runs in the middle of the goal instead of attacking at the front or back post. CBs can easily defend against him with their eyes closed  :lol:

I honesty believe he'll start scoring under a new regime that play to his strengths, whether it be at this club or far more likely another.

These mystery strengths of every highly rated player who has come to Newcastle and regressed under this regime.

I honesty believe he'll start scoring under a new regime that play to his strengths, whether it be at this club or far more likely another.

These mystery strengths of every highly rated player who has come to Newcastle and regressed under this regime.

Not really. I can name you the strengths of 90% of our players.

Cisse's strengths are meant to be finishing and movement.. movement I can give him to a degree.. finishing? Nope.

He makes the same predictable runs in the middle of the goal instead of attacking at the front or back post.

..which would involve him entering into a physical challenge and possibly getting hurt. He is always seeking out the space between defenders. Which is fine, but not all the time.

Guest Walter

His attitude and performances have been decent. Some good efforts on goal and I think when Cabaye comes back from injury he will get better service and start scoring again.

Think he meant Jonas.

Think he meant Rob Lee

Think he meant Paul Gascoigne

Think he meant Jonas.

Think he meant Rob Lee

Think he meant Paul Gascoigne

Think he meant Tony Green

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He makes the same predictable runs in the middle of the goal instead of attacking at the front or back post.

..which would involve him entering into a physical challenge and possibly getting hurt. He is always seeking out the space between defenders. Which is fine, but not all the time.

Depending on the types of crosses that we send in. When we cross near the byline, the ball usually won't clear the first defender or will seem overhit and miss everyone. He'll need to be a Carroll type player if he wants to convert these types of crosses from the middle. However Cisse seems to do better from crosses from a bit deeper infield like Santon on Saturday or Ben Arfa against Palace.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chopey

This means Debuchy, Krul, Santon and Ben Arfa wont play again this season Ashley wont want to spoil his summer ice cream money