Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

His best performance in a long time. Obviously he missed the sitter just before the goal and the header in the second half from Ben Arfa's first cross, but to get his two shots on goal in the first half showed tremendous technique. First to wriggle free onto his left foot and secondly to get a volley on Sissoko's cross. It was a crap ball, far too much power on it, and in real time, I thought Cisse did sensationally to direct it goalwards.

His best performance in a long time. Obviously he missed the sitter just before the goal and the header in the second half from Ben Arfa's first cross, but to get his two shots on goal in the first half showed tremendous technique. First to wriggle free onto his left foot and secondly to get a volley on Sissoko's cross. It was a crap ball, far too much power on it, and in real time, I thought Cisse did sensationally to direct it goalwards.

:thup:

Thought the pass from Ben Arfa was sensational if anything.

Inch perfect.

It was but if Cisse was Shola or De Jong he'd have been stood watching it go through harmlessly to the keeper instead of attacking it like a predator.

Stoppage time goals from Papiss:

Chelsea (a) 11/12

WBA (h) 12/13

Anhzi (h) 12/13

Fulham (h) 12/13

Stoke (h) 12/13

Crystal Palace (h) 13/14

Quite a few there, and all winners bar the Chelsea screamer.

Stoppage time goals from Papiss:

Chelsea (a) 11/12

WBA (h) 12/13

Anhzi (h) 12/13

Fulham (h) 12/13

Stoke (h) 12/13

Crystal Palace (h) 13/14

Quite a few there, and all winners bar the Chelsea screamer.

Good blend of goals there. You won't see a better punt than the Chelsea strike or a better poachers goal than the one against WBA.

Happy for him to score again :)  That volley that went straight at the keeper was just as encouraging for me.  That's the type of goal he was scoring when he first arrived, great technique and instant reaction to get a shot away on target.  Hopefully he can kick on from here and recover a bit of form for our push for europe :D

His best performance of the season so far - he was making all the right runs, getting into the right positions and his linkup play was decent. It has to be said though, it was frustrating as fuck to see him miss chance after chance today but was glad and relieved to see him get that goal (mind you, I didn't know how to react when he scored - a bit of joy and laughter rolled into one I think). I sincerely hope he does push on from here but I've said that on more than one occasion (after his previous droughts) and my hope becomes frustration and disappointment.

As good as Ben Arfa's pass was it was equalled by the run and space Cisse had manouvered ti put it in the net! He really did look hot yesterday (man love alert!)!

Let's hope he's back...

It is impossible to be that bad. He is worse than Shola, there I said it.

Cisse is a professional footballer paid to score goals. He is a joke.

These are just two comments about Cisse in the match thread yesterday. Everybody is saying he had a great game now. People are so fucking fickle. I actually think Cisse did do well yesterday as you will see if you look back on my posts on the match thread but I hate this thing that just because he scored, people who previously thought he was playing shit, think he was brilliant now

As good as Ben Arfa's pass was it was equalled by the run and space Cisse had manouvered ti put it in the net! He really did look hot yesterday (man love alert!)!

Let's hope he's back...

don't worry, remy will be back soon so pardew can fuck around and change whatever worked to have cisse playing well and scoring an actual football goal

It is impossible to be that bad. He is worse than Shola, there I said it.

Cisse is a professional footballer paid to score goals. He is a joke.

These are just two comments about Cisse in the match thread yesterday. Everybody is saying he had a great game now. People are so f***ing fickle. I actually think Cisse did do well yesterday as you will see if you look back on my posts on the match thread but I hate this thing that just because he scored, people who previously thought he was playing s***, think he was brilliant now

Delighted he scored and I posted that after he missed the open goal. Hope he proves me wrong but he has consistently shown this season he can't be relied on to convert chances into goals.

Thought he was excellent yesterday and I think it was really important that he got a reward for it. I hope and suspect that could prove to be a really important goal for us because Cisse is such a form player and in the same way that he was locked into a period of ridiculously good form when he signed and couldn't stop scoring, it hardly needs saying that the opposite has been true for quite a while now. That performance felt like the beginning of a change in fortunes and the goal will hopefully have cemented that by giving him a reward for it boosting his confidence and reminding him that he can play well and he can score goals. I think we'll see him score a few goals now and that could be just what we need to see us through to the end of the season. We will still need to see a significant improvement in the quality of our squad, but hopefully this means that Cisse can be part of that, rather than having to leave and eventually re-find his form somewhere else. Papiss Cisse on-form is worth a fortune, but off-form I doubt we'd get more than a few million for him. So, whilst we shouldn't think that we can rely on him for each and every game in a season, it still doesn't make much sense to sell him at the bottom of his form because eventually he'll re-find it and if that happened shortly after we'd sold him for a pittance then we'd be absolutely gutted. What we need is someone who we can rely upon to score regularly throughout the season and keep things ticking over when Cisse's not on form, then when he is he can take us to another level. Remy seems like that kind of player, but I don't think we're going to get him, de Jong on the other hand hasn't really done anything and reminds me of Stéphane Guivarc'h in that he's probably a decent player, but it's never going to work out for him here and it would be a mistake for both him and us if we signed him permanently.

:thup: