Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Can only really echo others views, pretty well covered on here! 

Surprised at how good his all round game is, thought he was just going to be a 'poacher' type.  An instinctive striker and has so far fluffed his 3 seemingly easier chances.  His movement is superb, was worried he was going to get caught offside a lot, as the stats from Germany seemed to suggest he was born offside.

Amazing to think he's looking this good and he still doesn't speak English and is yet to settle  :lol:

Seems to be exactly the opposite. In fact, he appears to be one of the best in the business in timing his runs based on his first 6 matches for us.

The third goal has been slightly underrated imo. As scintillating as Ben Arfa was, i personally think his cut-back was meant for Ba, and it was slightly wayward. With anyone other than Cisse on the pitch, that chance was gone and we wouldn't have killed the game. Then when it came to the finish, he only had a smallish margin to put the ball, as there were two defenders and a keeper in front of him. He had to smash the ball in a specific spot to ensure the keeper had no chance of stopping it.

Basically, all-round superb poacher play. I think we've found an absolute gem here, like.

The third goal has been slightly underrated imo. As scintillating as Ben Arfa was, i personally think his cut-back was meant for Ba, and it was slightly wayward. With anyone other than Cisse on the pitch, that chance was gone and we wouldn't have killed the game. Then when it came to the finish, he only had a smallish margin to put the ball, as there were two defenders and a keeper in front of him. He had to smash the ball in a specific spot to ensure the keeper had no chance of stopping it.

Basically, all-round superb poacher play. I think we've found an absolute gem here, like.

Don't think it was wayward, it seemed that way because Ba was taken out by their cb.

Guest dover

scores twice plus an assist but doesnt make Garth Crooks team of the week...

He knows his stuff!

I stopped listening to Garth Crooks after he asked Julian Joachim if he expected to make the england team for the World Cup. Complete numpty.

scores twice plus an assist but doesnt make Garth Crooks team of the week...

He knows his stuff!

two goals and an assist are nothing compared to a Crouch wondergoal though....

Crooksy is an utter plum, but I'll always appreciate his work during the 2006 World Cup. He did pieces to camera whilst driving a Ferrari and whilst doing backstroke in a swimming pool.

I like Pardew's comments about Cisse going off on a stretcher, " He had very bad cramp in each leg, when we came in he was walking like a granny, we all made fun of him, it was a laugh" :lol:

I bet Garth uses the drive-thru at McDonalds then goes inside to eat his food.

:lol: :lol: 2 of the funniest things I've seen on here in a while.

All true, but regarding the gem bit, anyone who has observed the Bundesliga knows he was an absolute gem for some time before we got him.

Possibly Giggsy but my suspicious mind wonders if Miaga's failed medical was made to happen when we realised Cisse was a possibility in January ??

I really don't think we could deliberately fail a players medical. We would open ourselves up to be sued for millions making stuff up like that if it affected the players future earning potential.

I really don't think we could deliberately fail a players medical. We would open ourselves up to be sued for millions making stuff up like that if it affected the players future earning potential.

I used to believe that when I was young too  ;)

Impossible to prove. In essence, every club can argue it's own level of physical sufficiency.