Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

I think the club will be better prepared this season for what to do with Cheik, Demba and Papiss.  (Ben Arfa doesn't actively preach as a Muslim IIRC).  Though I will say Cheik was a shadow of himself in the 1st few games last season especially against the mackems.

I think the club will be better prepared this season for what to do with Cheik, Demba and Papiss.  (Ben Arfa doesn't actively preach as a Muslim IIRC).  Though I will say Cheik was a shadow of himself in the 1st few games last season especially against the mackems.

Practice?

does cisse fast? ramadans starting 21st july till about 19th august

Think he will, but didn't seem that way in Freiburg as they're allowed to eat in Germany.

Muslim footballers allowed to eat during Ramadan

The Central Council of Muslims said it was advising professional football players in Germany that they need not fast during Islam's holy month of Ramadan ahead of the regular season resuming Friday.

"The professional player can make up the fasting days during periods when there is no match and in that way show his respect for God and the holy month of Ramadan," council president Aiman Mazyek said in a statement.

During Ramadan, observant Muslims fast from dawn to dusk. Several Bundesliga players are Muslim, including many players of Turkish origin and Bayern Munich's French international Franck Ribery.

A dispute over the issue in Germany began when the second-division team FSV Frankfurt gave three Muslim players an official warning in October 2009 for fasting during Ramadan and failing to inform their managers.

The German Football Federation (DFB) reached an agreement with Muslim leaders on fasting in 2010, allowing players to respect one of the five pillars of Islam while fulfilling their professional obligations.

The council had initiated talks with the country's leading professional football associations last year and sought the advice of Islamic scholars to resolve the issue.

The Al-Azhar University in Cairo concluded that an exception to the strict Ramadan fasting rules could be made for professional players so their performance would not be compromised.

http://www.thelocal.de/sport/20110803-36713.html

Wish we had the same rule here.  :hmm:

does cisse fast? ramadans starting 21st july till about 19th august

Think he will, but didn't seem that way in Freiburg as they're allowed to eat in Germany.

Muslim footballers allowed to eat during Ramadan

The Central Council of Muslims said it was advising professional football players in Germany that they need not fast during Islam's holy month of Ramadan ahead of the regular season resuming Friday.

"The professional player can make up the fasting days during periods when there is no match and in that way show his respect for God and the holy month of Ramadan," council president Aiman Mazyek said in a statement.

During Ramadan, observant Muslims fast from dawn to dusk. Several Bundesliga players are Muslim, including many players of Turkish origin and Bayern Munich's French international Franck Ribery.

A dispute over the issue in Germany began when the second-division team FSV Frankfurt gave three Muslim players an official warning in October 2009 for fasting during Ramadan and failing to inform their managers.

The German Football Federation (DFB) reached an agreement with Muslim leaders on fasting in 2010, allowing players to respect one of the five pillars of Islam while fulfilling their professional obligations.

The council had initiated talks with the country's leading professional football associations last year and sought the advice of Islamic scholars to resolve the issue.

The Al-Azhar University in Cairo concluded that an exception to the strict Ramadan fasting rules could be made for professional players so their performance would not be compromised.

http://www.thelocal.de/sport/20110803-36713.html

Wish we had the same rule here.  :hmm:

I don't think Demba fasts on match days

I think it's fair enough not letting Cisse play in the Olympics, seeing as we lost him for the AFCON last season and will potentially do so again this.

Absolutely dead-on; i'm not suggesting he is - but if he's annoyed by that then it's tough titty. How bullshit is that competition, btw (ACoN)?. Two years in a row bang in the middle of the season? Joke. We're going to lose three of our best players just in time for the Europa League knockout stages and a couple of seriously tough league games.

How has Demba done at other clubs when fasting, could it not just have been a case that he was settling at a new club with a load of new players he hadn't played with previously, or at least that was a part of the slow start?

• 2 weeks later...
PAPISS CISSE is unlikely to play a part in the rest of Newcastle United’s tour of Germany and Austria.

The Senegal star was left behind at the team’s Munich hotel due to illness and the odds are not looking good that he’ll figure in the final game against Fenerbahce on Saturday night in Ritzing.

Cisse has only trained partially since returning from his extended holiday.

And he missed out on seeing his big pal Demba Ba net the winner against Monaco last night.

Alan Pardew told the Chronicle from Munich today: “Cisse, bless his heart, is ill.

“He hasn’t done any training.

“I can’t see him playing the last game.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/17/illness-rules-out-newcastle-striker-papiss-cisse-72703-31408912/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz20s5tPXjA

With our luck, it'll end up being malaria.

Get well soon Papiss.

PAPISS CISSE is unlikely to play a part in the rest of Newcastle United’s tour of Germany and Austria.

The Senegal star was left behind at the team’s Munich hotel due to illness and the odds are not looking good that he’ll figure in the final game against Fenerbahce on Saturday night in Ritzing.

Cisse has only trained partially since returning from his extended holiday.

And he missed out on seeing his big pal Demba Ba net the winner against Monaco last night.

Alan Pardew told the Chronicle from Munich today: “Cisse, bless his heart, is ill.

“He hasn’t done any training.

“I can’t see him playing the last game.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/17/illness-rules-out-newcastle-striker-papiss-cisse-72703-31408912/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz20s5tPXjA

With our luck, it'll end up being malaria.

Get well soon Papiss.

'Bless his heart'  :smitten:

Hmmmm he was playing against Tiote on FIFA last night, really hope he survives his wounds.

:D

I have this image of all the lads saying lets go to Cisse's room to cheer him up while he's ill and play a bit of FIFA. Cisse opens the door with pink slippers and dressing gown on and a thermometer in his mouth.

Hmmmm he was playing against Tiote on FIFA last night, really hope he survives his wounds.

:D

I have this image of all the lads saying lets go to Cisse's room to cheer him up while he's ill and play a bit of FIFA. Cisse opens the door with pink slippers and dressing gown on and a thermometer in his mouth.

Right, who's the photoshopping king round here? :D

in a huff over olympic block? :coolsmiley:

Check the false smiles on NUFCTV. No doubt dreampt of Olympic glory as a young pup, sitting by the Arga in his mams kitchen down down-town Dakar.

He wants out and the way we are run, who could blame him.

It's why we are after Carroll.

Hopefully not that Balazillia parasite virus that you get from Africa where it saps your energy for several months and reccurs randomly once you get it.

Cyclist Chris Froome has it which means he has to sit out several months every year with no knowing when it will strike back.

Probably just a cold.

Guest icemanblue

Hopefully it's not the zombie virus where he will try and eat his team-mates

HAHAHAHA no I really hope not. That would be terrible!