Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I feel so sorry for Cisse, tbf. Only in terms of him on the pitch, obviously.

The way that we're trying to use him is absolutely ridiculous. We may as well play him in goal if we're going to play long balls.

See also, Yohan Cabaye.

Ben Arfa, Jonas, etc etc.

Ben Arfa and Cisse have both proved they can be extremely effective players. Cabaye and Jonas on the other hand had anonymous/ineffective performances throughout last season. In fact, Jonas has been the weakest link in the midfield since the days of Hughton.

Harsh but true. Cabaye has great skills but he's guilty of not imposing himself in games. Guthrie was better at imposing himself in games at times and that's really saying something.

With Jonas this just feels really unfair, but perhaps we have got to bench him and give the left wing to someone who can be a threat in the final third. It's great having the tools to get there a lot but if you can't actually contribute anything meaningful it all gets very moot very quickly.

Even though Ba didn't score when he was played wide last season, he was still playing very well in most games. We need to get back to that system because it suits pretty much all our players and we Cissé unfortunately is not suited for the wide role in that system, but Ba is.

Ba clearly didn't like it because he wasn't getting the goals and glory, but I agree in that he was effective for the team there... just less so for himself.

Last season was a ridiculous run looking back. He wasn't even missing chances and everything he hit went in. He was never going to keep that but fucking hell, the nosedive has been alarming. He just looks incompetent at the minute.

He missed quite a few chances actually, he tended to miss the easy ones.

As mad as it sounds, the answer really is to get rid of Ba.

Any player who refuses to sacrifice his own glory for the good of the team, needs to be on his bike regardless of his talent. I can't see any other answer to the current predicament.

Last season was a ridiculous run looking back. He wasn't even missing chances and everything he hit went in. He was never going to keep that but fucking hell, the nosedive has been alarming. He just looks incompetent at the minute.

Perhaps.

His conversion rate was incredible though, never seen anything like it since Andy Cole's hey day.

:lol: Aye I would, Dave.  Because I don't think he's as suited to playing central in a 433 as Cisse is, you're always hearing shit about him leaving, I'm not happy with the way he kicked off about being made to play on the left and I think we need to invest some money in a Ben Arfa for the other side.

I'm aware that it sounds ridiculous to want to get rid of Ba but it would also sound ridiculous to want to get rid of Cisse.  At the moment, with our manager's limitations both tactically and in terms of courage and man management, I think we should flog one of them as long as we bring a good winger-forward in.  I just can't see the current situation getting any better.

Yeah, this. Pardew should have nipped the Ba thing in the bud over the summer tbh, he should have been told that he'll play where the team needs him to play and that's that. The only reason I've got sympathy with Pardew on this is I think he's trying to direct what little funds we do have towards other positions that need strengthening more.

Just hate the idea of Ba leaving because this season he's one of a few players we have that's actually delivered the goods on a regular basis. Plus I couldn't bare the sight of him at Spurs or Liverpool smashing them in.

It's a f***ing ludicrous situation if you've got a player saying "play me in this position or I'll leave." Unless Ba is willing to be flexible then it would be the better of the club if we moved him on.

first of all there's no evidence that Ba has given the manager a ultimatum.

There's loads actually, Pardew admitted it for a fucking start.

Just a thought but if we piss Ba off and he jumps ship in January, Ive read (and it may be wrong) that from the £7million release clause we get 50% and 50% goes to Ba and entourage. So we'll get £3.5million for a player worth at least £10million more.

I wonder if Pards has been told to protect the club's asset by keeping Ba sweet no matter what in the hope he signs a release clause free new deal. Strikes me as losing Ba for relative pennies is the stuff of Ashley's nightmares.

Perhaps.

His conversion rate was incredible though, never seen anything like it since Andy Cole's hey day.

There's no perhaps about it. His conversion rate was fantastic but he was missing an easy chance pretty much every game, headers, one on ones etc.

Anyway, I agree with your above post on Ba and I've been saying it for ages, mostly to Cajuns disgust :-)

Every striker misses chances. Van Persie actually misses quite a few sitters but he fashions himself so many that it's rare that it matters.

Cisse was similar last year but this season the service to him has been so poor. The number of times we were putting him in with a sight of goal was fantastic, this season I struggle to think of any! Like I said, he had the ball facing his own goal once on Sunday, about thirty yards out and he was that bloody desperate to get a shot in that he skewed it well wide.

He did miss chances in that run it's just we was creating so many in and around the box for him that he would usually score a couple too.

I mean even against Wigan when he didn't score he hit the bar/post twice and Al-Habsi made a great save.

The problem is he has had no service in and around the penalty area.

I think he had something like 40 shots in the second half of last season and i'd take a guess that the majority where really good chances that in and around the box.

Sure he scored some ridiculous goals like the one against Villa, Swansea and of course Chelsea but were actually making chances for him in and around the box.

We are not this season, it's not the only issue we have but it's still a massive concern.

Every striker misses chances. Van Persie actually misses quite a few sitters but he fashions himself so many that it's rare that it matters.

Cisse was similar last year but this season the service to him has been so poor. The number of times we were putting him in with a sight of goal was fantastic, this season I struggle to think of any! Like I said, he had the ball facing his own goal once on Sunday, about thirty yards out and he was that bloody desperate to get a shot in that he skewed it well wide.

Exactly. I remember the year Shearer came back from his ankle injury, he scored about twice in twenty or so league games yet was banging them in on our way to the cup final. He was hardly getting any service at all, so when he was missing chances you were thinking that's unlike Shearer. Yet he simply wasn't getting anywhere near as many as he was the previous year so any he missed were magnified.

However it appears that Cisse went AWOL and failed to link up the Senegal squad, with all subsequent attempts to contact him failing.

From .com

Too busy in Aspers to play for his country. Odd behaviour for him.