Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I really don't want to see us starting with a 442 again.

Suppose an alternative is to bring Marveaux and Obertan in for Cisse and Tiote and got to a 4-4-1-1 again with Marveaux in behind Ba, like we did there last season (but with Ben Arfa obviously).

The thought of Shola starting.  :lol:

You can't say he didn't earn it.

I'd start with the team that finished the QPR game. It looks the most effective unit we can muster at the moment.

Bring Sammy on as a sub. ;)

He didn't earn it.

Shola has proved too many times that his cameo performances don't convert to his starting performances. He should never be starting against Man Utd.

I would still think about starting him against the mackems because he's always motivated for that one.

Shola has proved too many times that his cameo performances don't convert to his starting performances. He should never be starting against Man Utd.

I would still think about starting him against the mackems because he's always motivated for that one.

Oh that one I will give you without a doubt. But that is the only one mind.

:lol:

Why are you being so pretentious? "Excuses", what excuses? He's had a clear dip in form and people are trying to come up with reasons why, they aren't excuses.

It's not like there has been any reports of him not pulling his weight in training, or he isn't applying himself on the pitch, there are clearly other reasons for his dip in form. I don't necessarily think it's all Pardew's fault, that would be harsh, but at the moment it is as he's playing him on the f***ing wing.

Trying to come up with reasons why his form has dipped and then only ending up with reasons outside of his control is what I call making excuses. Pretty sure that's what making excuses means too, but than again English is nog my mother tongue so I may be wrong..

As for the reason why Cisse has been so disappointing, I don't know and I din't want to theorise. What I do know though, and that's how this argument started, is that moving Ba who is scoring away from goal to accomodate a stuttering Cisse in the centre seems like utter madness to me.

As mad as moving Cisse away from the centre to accommodate a sulking, stuttering Ba?

Beggars f***ing belief this like.

I knew this was coming. I for one am perfectly happy for our best players to request being played in their preferred position, as long as they deliver when they are. Ba has delivered whenever he has played in the centre for us, Cisse hasn't so far this season, so with a change from two to one central striker it was obvious he was the one going wide for a while or out of the first team altogether (which I would have preferred btw). I fully expect Cisse to get frustrated for being played out wide, just as Ba did. Four games in, and the first signs were there last Saturday. He will have to walk the walk too though, like Ba did when he requested to play centrally. As I said, in a 433 there is only one place for a real central striker, which they both are. May the best one win. At the moment that is Ba. I really hope Cisse refinds his form of last year and reclaims his place. That's primarily up to him though; if he keeps missing chances at this rate it may be a while yet. If he starts banging them in I am sure nobody will be more delighted than Pardew himself.

The manager needs to do what's best for the team based on the evidence available. He's not doing it, and he wouldn't be sacrificing anything by trying something which worked so well last season.

If Cisse was playing anywhere near as well as last season we wouldn't even be having this debate. As it is, displacing the forward who is doing the business to accomodate the one who isn't is indeed a huge sacrifice considering where we would be right now if Ba's form was like Cisse's this season.

We did it at the start of this season for the sake of a sulking striker. Why can't we do it now for the sake of an under performing team getting s*** results?

Except we didn't. We reverted to the tactic we employed for 80% of our matches last season to great effect and accommodated both Ba and Cisse in central forward positions in an attempt to combine our defensive solidity of last season with playing two top class strikers capable of scoring 50 goals between them in theory. Whilst it's clearly not worked out as we hoped it would, I find it extremely simplistic to discredit this concept with the benefit of hindsight considering the fact we have also looked extremely vulnerable at times with the 433 formation that's now considered to be some sort of silver bullet by some on here.

The service has been worse this season. Guti for one rarely gets a ball into the box, if Hatem isn't playing there is rarely a final pass on the ground to be had etc...Just a lot of strange ball from anywhere in their general direction (the strikers) or hoofed kicks down the middle (neither are dominant in the air against big hefty PL CD's). Psychologically this year as well after the deflated summer window a lot of the buzz has gone out of the side...Reality has hit home.

It came out as part of the Ba singing saga that and the way the deal was skewed that Ba was only really thinking of playing for us as a shop window...Our side and deffo not his side imagined he wouldn't be snapped up (Lord knows his release clause was publicised up and down the land and trumpeted by angels - but alas no takers). :lol:  So, this year he's been a bit Diva about things and now asking for silly money, moaning on french telly, niggling about his starting postion, taking free kicks he's clearly crap at. All this jazz needs to be reigned in and the team spirit returned. That for me is the fundamental first step and then 2/3 first team players is the second vital step...Or this winter is going to be dire.

There's nothing wrong with Cisse a bit of decent service won't cure. He gets one chance and one half chance a game at the moment.

He deserves his cameo for sure, he 100% does after that shift & goal he put in the other day. Don't think starting him is going to do us any favors on getting Cisse back on track :lol:

By the sounds of it, it's him saying no btw. Not the club (I don't even think we can?)

Doubt we can, we couldn't play Cisse earlier in the Cisse because we didn't allow him to play for Senegal didn't we?

By the sounds of it, it's him saying no btw. Not the club (I don't even think we can?)

He can't even make that decision, can he?

Am I making it up or did a few years ago a player got in trouble because they refused his decision to retire from international football? :lol:

Actually, just found this from when Eto rejected a call up to the Cameroon squad last Summer:

"A player called to the national team is obliged to come - the decision is not up to the player.

"In accordance with the national team disciplinary code, a player can be suspended and the suspension can be extended to his club - he can be banned for life for not attending a convocation of the national team.

With the current emphasis on pumping early balls into the forward line (against positionally set centrehalves) Cisse will be ineffective through the middle. Not slating him (because i think he is very good at what he does) but his game revolves around avoiding contact, relying on movement (sneaking across the face of the centrehalves, with angled weighted balls/crossed fed in). I just don't think he is cut out for the task of getting battered around battling for speculative balls , they're 50/50s at best.

Ba is the better athlete, offers greater physical presence , and provides mpore nuisance value against 6ft+ centrebacks, so he is ultimately better suited to Pardew's 'Wimbledon' like philosophy of attack.

Cisse wrestling with, and getting bullied around like a rag-doll has eaten into his confidence and flow-on effect is obvious -  namelyon his finishing. He's snapping at his chances, has the look of a rushed finisher (hearing footsteps) who has lost his awareness of space around him & where closing-in defenders are.

The guy who must be scratching his head atm is Carr. He scouted and followed this bloke's progress for a few seasons. It took an unlikely set of circumstances to get this a polished/finished articlehere, within Ashley's spending parameters at a knock-down price,and it's taken less than six months of battering-ram football (more suited to Allardyce's Carroll, and K.jones) to destroy him.

Unless there's a seismic shift in Pardew's approach, there's no point in him being here. Lost opportunity this is turning (turned) into.

Completely agree with this. Cisse is a waste of purple ink. We'd be better selling him and putting the money towards a Kenwyn Jones type. I think, ultimately, HBA will also prove to be the wrong sort of player for us. We need someone who will get the ball early to the forwards, not someone who wants to dally about or look to take a player on.

"I think Papiss is just a victim of our injury programme, if I'm honest," said the Magpies boss.

"Without (Hatem) Ben Arfa and (Yohan) Cabaye we've lacked a bit of flair and quality in the final third and of course if you've got that it creates moments for Papiss to finish.

"He hasn't had a lot moments in games but his work-rate, his commitment to the cause, cannot be faulted and we continue to work with him and hopefully he'll get the goals soon."

Ah yes, we're missing those intricately threaded through-balls out to to the corner flag.

Make it stop. :lol: