Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse only played a few games out wide before Christmas like, even a seasoned Pardew hater like me would admit that.  Not very suited to a 442, mind.

He's not suited to much imo. He's a square-wondergoal'd peg that we're trying to fit in the proverbial round hole.

Cisse only played a few games out wide before Christmas like, even a seasoned Pardew hater like me would admit that.  Not very suited to a 442, mind.

He's not suited to much imo. He's a square-wondergoal'd peg that we're trying to fit in the proverbial round hole.

Agreed.

Cisse's going nowhere. We'll be very thankful of that come Christmas when he's the only one scoring our goals again.

If we are relying on just him to get us goals we might as well swap places with wigan, get relegation over and done with.

Unless I've read it wrong, more people said they'd see Cisse leave before Tiote in the Chronicle survey. :lol:

Aye, found that interesting in amidst all the shite. Tend to agree with the result when compared to the other players present in the pie chart, though.

I for one desperately hope we don't sell Cisse. Some people don't seem to grasp how detrimental a high turnover of players is and think we can just swap players in and out easily as long as they're better than what you've got. Quite apart from the fact that finding a better striker than Cisse would be incredibly difficult, it simply doesn't work like that. He's one of the players we simply cannot lose.

Agreed.

Bit weird how he's scored so many goals wherever he's played then.

I for one desperately hope we don't sell Cisse. Some people don't seem to grasp how detrimental a high turnover of players is and think we can just swap players in and out easily as long as they're better than what you've got. Quite apart from the fact that finding a better striker than Cisse would be incredibly difficult, it simply doesn't work like that. He's one of the players we simply cannot lose.

Wullie's on point here.

Cisse's going nowhere. We'll be very thankful of that come Christmas when he's the only one scoring our goals again.

If we are relying on just him to get us goals we might as well swap places with wigan, get relegation over and done with.

That's my point, we shouldn't. However he's a goalscorer - There's nothing wrong with having a player in the team only geared towards scoring goals, as long as everyone else does their job properly. It's no secret we need someone to compliment him up top, score goals as well, play Cisse in, pull defenders away for advancing midfielders (remember them). Get rid of Cisse and we need 2 top quality additions that perform from the very start of the season. That wouldn't happen.

Especially considering one of the reasons given for our poor season was that the new players came in at the wrong time and/or haven't settled yet.

The coaching staff need to work on Cisse, he made many of the same mistakes all season. The quality is there, it needs managing.

If we sold Cisse for £20m-£25m then I think the majority of that money will be used to bring Carroll in and we will get 1-2 cheap options up front. If we don't sell him I can see us bringing Carroll in in anyway and at least 1 young cheap option.

I'd rather not sell Cisse just so Ashley doesn't have to re-invest much money. Cisse's main problems this season has been not enough support/service, and playing out of position. Getting him a partner would solve that and we will start to see the Cisse we saw last year.

If we sell Cisse in order to bring back Carroll I will be absolutely murdering people on this forum if Carroll flops. College Dropuout and Cronky will be high up on the list closely followed by TT and Unbelievable.

If we sold Cisse for £20m-£25m then I think the majority of that money will be used to bring Carroll in and we will get 1-2 cheap options up front. If we don't sell him I can see us bringing Carroll in in anyway and at least 1 young cheap option.

I'd rather not sell Cisse just so Ashley doesn't have to re-invest much money. Cisse's main problems this season has been not enough support/service, and playing out of position. Getting him a partner would solve that and we will start to see the Cisse we saw last year.

If we sell Cisse in order to bring back Carroll I will be absolutely murdering people on this forum if Carroll flops. College Dropuout and Cronky will be high up on the list closely followed by TT and Unbelievable.

Think murder gets a 4 week ban, mind.

It will be the biggest "I told you so" fest in the history of football forums. Be warned in advance because I know there is nothing more annoying.

:whatdidido:

Not worth it , who can live 4 weeks without N-O

Good point. two weeks is bad enough honestly.

:lol:

In all honesty I Couldn't see Carroll struggling to get around 8 league goals for us, even with his injuries. I'd imagine he'd do a lot more for his team as well, not just assists (hanz)

You must have instantly facepalmed after hitting post for your last ban :lol:

In all honesty I Couldn't see Carroll struggling to get around 8 league goals for us, even with his injuries. I'd imagine he'd do a lot more for his team as well, not just assists (hanz)

I think Cisse's massively underrated by a lot of fans, his hold up play is a lot better than people give him credit for when the ball is played to feet. Carroll is a threat in the air but he doesn't have the goal poacher's instinct that cisse does and Cisse could easily hit 20 goals next season, given some proper service from the wide men. But we'll see.

Guest neesy111

Goals win games, we don't have many goals in the team.  So don't sell the fucking bloke that scores most of them.

You must have instantly facepalmed after hitting post for your last ban :lol:

It is a shameful episode which I have put behind me  :blush:

I think Cisse's massively underrated by a lot of fans, his hold up play is a lot better than people give him credit for when the ball is played to feet. Carroll is a threat in the air but he doesn't have the goal poacher's instinct that cisse does and Cisse could easily hit 20 goals next season, given some proper service from the wide men. But we'll see.

He's just a poacher for me, relies heavily on service and creates nothing for others. I don't mind that when the rest of the team are doing their jobs correctly to feed the poacher, but they aren't and even though he scores our goals for most of the game he's nothing more than a passenger.

Carroll I reckon (and always have) would be brilliant alongside him, bring him in to the game and allow some pressure off him and give him some space and time, not just the knock downs etc a big man provides.

I certainly don't want to replace Cisse with Carroll, both together or two new strikers such as bony & auba which for me would work even better.

http://www.nufc.com/

Following press speculation of interest from Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in Newcastle's Papiss Cisse - and rumours of an €18m (£15.4m) bid - supporting quotes attributed to the player's agent, Nickolay Guido were widely reported on Friday.

Within 24 hours however, Guido responded by denying that he'd made any such statement - and confirming that he hasn't represented the Magpies striker for some time.