Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Would he play for a 'proper team' though?  It would be good if we weren't such a negative, abhorrent side for sure.  But, Cisse is such a poor footballer, I don't think he'd ever get signed for a decent team.  If he did, he wouldn't be starting games.  He can barely manage that for us and we're a disgrace :lol:

Would he play for a 'proper team' though?  It would be good if we weren't such a negative, abhorrent side for sure.  But, Cisse is such a poor footballer, I don't think he'd ever get signed for a decent team.  If he did, he wouldn't be starting games.  He can barely manage that for us and we're a disgrace :lol:

Forget being on another team. I just mean if we played a better brand of football that actually created more chances.

For example when he first joined and he was inbetween Ba and Ben Arfa, with Cabaye behind him, you could see his true potential then. I don't think that was a fluke at all.

Funnily enough, I genuinely don't recall being as concerned about his general play then, because he wasn't as isolated, and didn't have to have as many touches so far from the box, and so could better fulfil his goal poacher role.

Forget being on another team. I just mean if we played a better brand of football that actually created more chances.

For example when he first joined and he was inbetween Ba and Ben Arfa, with Cabaye behind him, you could see his true potential then. I don't think that was a fluke at all.

Funnily enough, I genuinely don't recall being as concerned about his general play then, because he wasn't as isolated, and didn't have to have as many touches so far from the box, and so could better fulfil his goal poacher role.

He has to contribute to this "better brand of football".

When he's on form he'll find the back of the net consistently, regardless of how the team plays because he's that type of player. When he first came he was on fire - full stop. Different formations, personnel he was on fire. Like he is now.

When he first joined although we got whooped 2 or 3 times, generally we could keep clean-sheets and keep teams from scoring. 1 or 2 goals would be enough. In the first half of the season Ba got them, in the second half Cisse got them.

Apart from his finishing he really is a pretty awful footballer, but I love him. Has scored as many as van Persie this season, in fewer games.

Funny thing is that first half he was linking up play EXACTLY like he did when he joined us first. He was playing some perfect balls into space and switching play.

I love this fella and every time I get annoyed with him he goes bangs in a goal like that. Get the ball to him in the box and he's going to score. 5 players around him and the 2 full backs. 7 fucking players need to be working their tail off to get this man the ball. He'll start causing havoc in that box and it's only going to open things up for the others. 

We would let him go for a decent fee. IN the PL I would be surprised if a top 6/7 side came in for him and he succeeded.

For us - at the moment he's the top lad. The difference between safe and relegated.

We'd let anyone go for a decent fee, not really sure that's much of a revelation.

We're shite so he's fine for NUFC and its ambitions, and he may even look like a bit of a diamond whilst embedded in the dollop of poo that is the team, but there's no way he's a top player IMO.

This goals per minute stat is misleading. Wonder what it is if you factor in his season long drought? :lol: he'll go through spells of good poaching but his overall play is shocking and he's capable of extended periods of shit poaching, offsides and smiling annoyingly when he fails to trouble opposing centre halves or remind them he's still on the pitch. Nah, not for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's something in these Al Ahli rumours. He's struggling to get 100% fit, apparently his knee is a bit of a problem, and he's 29 so we'd be happy to sell him for a reasonable amount and he'd get a load of money as maybe his last big contract.

:undecided:

Thing is saying he's good enough because we are s****, surely that mitigates a lot of the criticism, we've got to be one of the worst attacking units in the  league, and he still scores regularly. Fair enough he had that horrific run but the whole team was awful at that point

You think he would get in the top teams in the league?