Mourinho in trouble at Madrid?

Parky

Got anyone some sort of inside news about this, Village Idiot probably? Just read some articles about Mourinho leaving Madrid at the end of the season almost seems certain now.... Any truth in that?

Wouldn't be surprised if he walks. Doesn't tend to stick around at a club for too long of a period.....

Got anyone some sort of inside news about this, Village Idiot probably? Just read some articles about Mourinho leaving Madrid at the end of the season almost seems certain now.... Any truth in that?

Wouldn't be surprised if he walks. Doesn't tend to stick around at a club for too long of a period.....

That's because he's always had reasons to go on, though.

He went after Porto won the Champions League - he couldn't have done more for the club, ever.

He went after he couldn't get on with Abramowitch anymore at Chelsea.

He went after he won the Champions League with Inter - same here as with Porto.

Can't see him leaving Madrid before he's won the Champions League and league with them (I think he's got a great chance of winning both this year). If he did, he'd admit defeat - not something Mourinho would normally do.

That's because he's always had reasons to go on, though.

He went after Porto won the Champions League - he couldn't have done more for the club, ever.

He went after he couldn't get on with Abramowitch anymore at Chelsea.

He went after he won the Champions League with Inter - same here as with Porto.

Can't see him leaving Madrid before he's won the Champions League and league with them (I think he's got a great chance of winning both this year). If he did, he'd admit defeat - not something Mourinho would normally do.

I reckon that if he wins the league (and/or the Champions League), that's essentially job done for him.

Guest Howaythetoon

We can't really slag Real Madrid fans like. Their culture is to be the best and by that I mean the very best and as a super club arguably the biggest in the world, why shouldn't they expect the best. Of course as Newcastle fans where we have been so starved of success it seems ridiculous from the outside to see R.Madrid fans upset because in winning the league they didn't beat Barcelona or played great football but we are not Real Madrid, if we were we'd be the same. We get upset when our ideals, principles and expectations are not met. In short if fans' expectations are not met they will kick-off regardless of their club.

I remember watching Barcelona destroy Real Socidead 6-0 I think under Sir Bobby once and the white hankies were coming out. They took offence to some of the more direct football in that game. It was like "yeah yeah we won 6-0 but did you see our football, it was rubbish", at clubs like that sometimes the results are secondary, i.e. winning a league means not a lot if in doing so you did it playing poor football or not beating your main rivals.

I personally think its fascinating and great to be honest. I would hope if Newcastle United ever got to certain point in terms of success there would be a defined line as to what would be acceptable or not in terms of success. I.e. if we ever become regular league winners I would consider finishing anywhere below 1st as a failure. If we regularly won cups I would consider going a season without winning a trophy as a failure. If we were regular European qualifiers I'd consider a season without qualifying a failure.

Right now I'd regard staying finishing anywhere below mid-table as a complete failure. Long-term I'd consider anywhere outside the top 6 as failure whereas footballing wise we should always be playing decent football if we have decent footballers, to do otherwise would be a failiure in a performing/footballing perspective.

Big game for him, tonight.

Really?

Barcelona have already confirmed their utter superiority over Real Madrid when it comes to playing them. Can't say he'll lose much sleep over going out to them in the cup. The damage was done last week.

If he doesn't win the league though from this position, now that will hurt him.

We can't really slag Real Madrid fans like. Their culture is to be the best and by that I mean the very best and as a super club arguably the biggest in the world, why shouldn't they expect the best. Of course as Newcastle fans where we have been so starved of success it seems ridiculous from the outside to see R.Madrid fans upset because in winning the league they didn't beat Barcelona or played great football but we are not Real Madrid, if we were we'd be the same. We get upset when our ideals, principles and expectations are not met. In short if fans' expectations are not met they will kick-off regardless of their club.

I remember watching Barcelona destroy Real Socidead 6-0 I think under Sir Bobby once and the white hankies were coming out. They took offence to some of the more direct football in that game. It was like "yeah yeah we won 6-0 but did you see our football, it was rubbish", at clubs like that sometimes the results are secondary, i.e. winning a league means not a lot if in doing so you did it playing poor football or not beating your main rivals.

I personally think its fascinating and great to be honest. I would hope if Newcastle United ever got to certain point in terms of success there would be a defined line as to what would be acceptable or not in terms of success. I.e. if we ever become regular league winners I would consider finishing anywhere below 1st as a failure. If we regularly won cups I would consider going a season without winning a trophy as a failure. If we were regular European qualifiers I'd consider a season without qualifying a failure.

Right now I'd regard staying finishing anywhere below mid-table as a complete failure. Long-term I'd consider anywhere outside the top 6 as failure whereas footballing wise we should always be playing decent football if we have decent footballers, to do otherwise would be a failiure in a performing/footballing perspective.

Tha headline was:

"Barca win 5-0 but don't play football."

And yeah, I was about to say Barca and its fans are just as bad as Real Madrid in the expectations game. SBR was sacked despite winning three trophies that year (came in second in La Liga two points behind Real Madrid). Not good enough.

I'm not a fan generally, great manager don't get me wrong but he's too controversial for the sake of it for my liking plus all the shit with Anders Frisk leaves a horrendous taste in the mouth, but he and his team shoved up their bollocks tonight.

I'm not a fan generally, great manager don't get me wrong but he's too controversial for the sake of it for my liking plus all the shit with Anders Frisk leaves a horrendous taste in the mouth, but he and his team shoved up their bollocks tonight.

He's had great success, but calling him a great manager... I hesitate to go that far. Winning the Champions League at Porto was a massive achievement, no doubts. But after that, well, at Chelsea he was boss during Arsenal and Liverpool's decline but before Man City's ascent. In effect, he won a two-horse race through vastly superior spending power, and ultimately failed to win the big prize (the CL). At Inter, in the post-calciopoli Serie A, it was a one-horse race when he was there - and while he did win the CL there, he achieved it with some of the ugliest anti-football seen outside of an Allardyce team.

Added to which, he is totally without class and a whinging child to boot. Bollocks to his bloated reputation - I hope he DOES go to Liverpool and flushes his reputation down the same toilet KKK Dalglish is using at the moment.

Tha headline was:

And yeah, I was about to say Barca and its fans are just as bad as Real Madrid in the expectations game. SBR was sacked despite winning three trophies that year (came in second in La Liga two points behind Real Madrid). Not good enough.

You have to take into account what we were coming from though (the Cruyff years), we were massive spoilt brats at the time. It was always a tough act to follow. Be sure Sir Bobby would have got a statue if he got those results in 2002.

That said, I do like we have developed a culture of how we want to play and what we want to see at the pitch. I think it's important for a club, since it informs all levels, and it helps the academy.

He's had great success, but calling him a great manager... I hesitate to go that far. Winning the Champions League at Porto was a massive achievement, no doubts. But after that, well, at Chelsea he was boss during Arsenal and Liverpool's decline but before Man City's ascent. In effect, he won a two-horse race through vastly superior spending power, and ultimately failed to win the big prize (the CL). At Inter, in the post-calciopoli Serie A, it was a one-horse race when he was there - and while he did win the CL there, he achieved it with some of the ugliest anti-football seen outside of an Allardyce team.

Added to which, he is totally without class and a whinging child to boot. Bollocks to his bloated reputation - I hope he DOES go to Liverpool and flushes his reputation down the same toilet KKK Dalglish is using at the moment.

mourinho arrived the season after arsenal went unbeaten didnt he? I may be wrong

Real Madrid fans are famously fickle. There's a reason they have sacked so many managers all these years, and it's not only because Pérez is trigger happy (Calderón also had two managers in two years). They boo their team/manager/board at the drop of a hat.

If Mou wins a major trophy (either La Liga or the CL would suffice, I think) he'll be fine. But the whistles this weekend should show him what kind of place he's at (personally think they deserve each other, c*** for c***s).

What's behind this kind of ludicrous mentality?

Sense of entitlement. Think Liverpool, multiply by a thousand.

To understand Madrid you have to look at the history. It is the one and only true "superclub" -- ever. This is arguably the best period in Barca's history, at least on the European stage, whereas Madrid was winning the European Cup for jokes in the 1950s. They once were the blazing symbol for Spanish nationalism, the King's own personal team, as close to royalty as football teams can ever get, and they burned bright. And then they became something completely different, Franco's lackeys and also the face of Fascism, and they took all the lows that also come with being a Nationalist symbol.

This club has always been more than a club, same as Barca has been. I have the utmost respect for the Catalans, but to say Madrid fans are fickle simple because they have a misguided sense of entitlement a la Liverpool is a gross simplification.

I'm sure VI can extrapolate on the subject better when he takes a more objective stance to Real Madrid.

Tha headline was:

Robson wasn't sacked. He was only on a one year contract, and they'd already had everything agreed for Van Gaal to come in at the end of that season, as they never expected Robson to do so well.

As they couldn't break their agreement with Van Gaal, that's why they offered Bobby a job upstairs.

Real Madrid fans are famously fickle. There's a reason they have sacked so many managers all these years, and it's not only because Pérez is trigger happy (Calderón also had two managers in two years). They boo their team/manager/board at the drop of a hat.

If Mou wins a major trophy (either La Liga or the CL would suffice, I think) he'll be fine. But the whistles this weekend should show him what kind of place he's at (personally think they deserve each other, c*** for c***s).

I'm all for laughing at Madrid for this sort of reason but I can't help but think a team that has "more than a club" tattooed across their seats doing so is always going to be a bit stones in glass houses behaviour

To understand Madrid you have to look at the history. It is the one and only true "superclub" -- ever. This is arguably the best period in Barca's history, at least on the European stage, whereas Madrid was winning the European Cup for jokes in the 1950s. They once were the blazing symbol for Spanish nationalism, the King's own personal team, as close to royalty as football teams can ever get, and they burned bright. And then they became something completely different, Franco's lackeys and also the face of Fascism, and they took all the lows that also come with being a Nationalist symbol.

This club has always been more than a club, same as Barca has been. I have the utmost respect for the Catalans, but to say Madrid fans are fickle simple because they have a misguided sense of entitlement a la Liverpool is a gross simplification.

I'm sure VI can extrapolate on the subject better when he takes a more objective stance to Real Madrid.

Like that's ever gonna happen  :lol:

@DuncanCastles: Jose Mourinho has decided to quit Real Madrid at the end of this season for a Premier League job. On @ST_Sport @SprtNationalUAE soon. #rmcf

SACK PARDEW GET IN MOU ;)

I suppose we're going to need somebody when Pardew goes to manage England...