sunderland

JH

That forum is hilarious tbh. Yes, Because us fans and the lovable cockney mafia(According to sunlun fans now) have somehow got together and thought about how we could push the "sir bobby robson" brand in favour of newcastle so we can make a quick buck.

As far as i know the fans haven't asked for this and were fairly happy with the SBR memorial garden. Infact there are plenty other people who are deserving of a statue outside our ground for their footballing achievements with NUFC.

Reading that forum is like watching humanity de-evolve

As good a description of Sunderland over the last couple of decades as you're likely to hear,

sir bobby was already true a NORTH EAST LEGEND years before he ever had ANY official connection with newcastle united WHATSOEVER, either player or manager.

his managerial stint at newcastle was almost during his retirement period when he had already made his name worldwide. his time at newcastle was probably one of the least successful in his managerial career.

for newcastle united to try and hijack the great name and reputation for their own publicity machine is scandalous

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=695050&page=37#ixzz1tB51PvDD

Guest johnson293

They will be claiming SBR as a mackem before long.

Well, they've already claimed his wife and sons are all Sunderland supporters (on that thread).

:idiot2:

They'll need some new straws soon.

So, just to summarise the Mackem logic again, as if it needed confirmed or repeated:-

Yiz spat on him marra (a sole NUFC fan in 1982 when Robson was a middle-aged England manager with no connections to the club at the time)

Yiz bewed him and got him sacked marra (Not one chant of disapproval registered against him during his NUFC tenure or boos aimed at the great man)

He loved us more and treated him well (apart from chanting 'he's nearly dead' and 'he's p*ssed his pants again' of course, and the fact he was an NUFC fan)

What did he do for yiz to get a statue? (Took us from relegation candidates to champions league football, set up a foundation and was almost universally liked throughout football)

Why can't they just be honest and admit they've got f*** all to crow about us these days and are vastly inferior in every way possible so have to resort to such pathetic attempts at point-scoring over a fine football manager and a great man whilst ironically la-la-la ignoring their disgraceful treatment of Peter Reid, Bob Murray and their own Lord Niall. Stay classy, Sunderland.

sir bobby was already true a NORTH EAST LEGEND years before he ever had ANY official connection with newcastle united WHATSOEVER, either player or manager.

his managerial stint at newcastle was almost during his retirement period when he had already made his name worldwide. his time at newcastle was probably one of the least successful in his managerial career.

for newcastle united to try and hijack the great name and reputation for their own publicity machine is scandalous

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=695050&page=37#ixzz1tB51PvDD

What. The. Fuck.

Are they seriously peddling this stance?

They will be claiming SBR as a mackem before long.

They already have tried too a few months ago, when it was proven that all his immediate side of the family and himself (the closest link they could get was an uncle who was a mackem) were die hard Newcastle fans they then went on about taking Bob Stokoe off us and Milburn being a Sunderland fan.

Jesus wept. Why people want to read that kind of odious fucking wank is beyond me.

There seems to be no depth to which their peverse bitterness cannot sink and the jealousy of our current success is taking it to depraved levels .

Was at work today, and the mackem next to me asks

"Hew de ye spell farnyham?" I had no idea what he was on about and pressumed it was a place.

"Farnyham?"

"Aye, Farnyham, hew de ye spell it?"

"Not sure"

I looked at the screen and it said "forename"

The spelling was right in front of him and he still couldn't spell it? Even for mackems that's a bit special....

Some shameful posts on RTG about Sir Bobby. Rotten to the core, most of them. :thdn:

Not as rotten as them dirty jawdeez spitting on a helpless old man and bewwww'n him.

I woz there when 52,000 of the jawdee nation spat on him. Thats why he never ever went back and became a sunlun fan, as with elsie, mark, uncle tommy, scraps the dog from down pennywell.

Felt sick with every page i read on there tbh

Guest Roger Kint

Was at work today, and the mackem next to me asks

"Hew de ye spell farnyham?" I had no idea what he was on about and pressumed it was a place.

"Farnyham?"

"Aye, Farnyham, hew de ye spell it?"

"Not sure"

I looked at the screen and it said "forename"

The spelling was right in front of him and he still couldn't spell it? Even for mackems that's a bit special....

Thats cos it didnt happen tbh

plenty of us know/ work with mackems, just slip the statue into conversation and see what happens. i bet there'll be loads of 'meh' and none of the disgust displayed by the bitterest on rtg who when given a keyboard are outraged at anything and everything done by NUFC, blind to the shortcomings, fuck up's and hilarity prvoided by their own club.