sunderland

JH

Guest Geordiesned

I heard the interview they had with Clattermole on the drive home tonight.

On being told that it was over 8 hours since a Sunderland player scored he said, "I don't really believe in stats."

Eh?! What's not to believe? :lol:

On being told that it was over 8 hours since a Sunderland player scored he said, "I don't really believe in stats."

That's a fact Lee. Fucking moron :yao:

Did anyone hear TotalSport last night, at around 6.30ish? An Aston Villa supporter called 'zac' called up to talk about O'Neills time at Villa, and the mess he left them in with regard to transfer spending.

Gabbiadini basically dismissed him as being bitter towards a former manager, and refused to believe O'Neill spent over the odds at Villa. The main presenter then found the Daily Mail article which put his overall spend at Villa as an £83m loss (or something like that), and Gabbiadini justified it with the three 6th place finishes O'Neill got them.

Was brilliant listening, and might be on the BBC Radio Newcastle website.

'Zac' isn't 'Brummie' off here, is he??

Nah, I am far too old to have a name like Zac.

That's the bullshit we have been dealing with since he walked out on us. Constantly told he worked miracles, didn't spend too much, was forced out by Lerner etc etc. It fucked a lot of people off down here.

As for 6th, 6th, 6th, no it's not bad. I understand that it might be the holy grail for a club like Sunderland to finish as high as sixth, but if MON was a miracle worker for doing that, what was David O'Leary for doing it with no money?

What about the fact that between 1996 and 2002 we were never out of the top eight? A period which included 4th, 5th and 6th in successive seasons? And which also included a cup win?

We've finished in the top six in only just less than half of the seasons since the PL was invented in 1992, so really, it's decent, but not stratospheric. Just like you finishing in the top six.

The difference is, under MON it took an absolute huge amount of money to do, and there was not even the slightest nod or wink paid to the importance of building for the future, nothing at all.

I'd also point out that there's a commoin misconception that MON came here and we had a dreadful squad, nothing to work with, as we'd just had a terrible season. Utter fucking nonsense.

He had Sorensen, Delaney, Mellberg, Laursen, Bouma, Barry, Agbonlahor, Angel and Baros. We also had Gary Cahill who had just broken into the first team.

That was not at all bad as the spine of a team, and you could probably make a decent argument that despite spending Champions League money, and CL wages, we now have a championship squad which is weaker than what was here when he arrived.

I just dont get it. Why do these pundits think we go on about this? Do they think it's bitterness? Why? Because he left? It's nothing to do with him leaving, it is about the state he left us in, and the circumstances in which the self centred bag of shit did it.

Gabewhatshisname must surely even piss off the mackems? Fuck me, he has defended O'Neill something rotten this week, and still thinks that are a good team - "just havent had the luck, should have had 2 pens" etc - Hope Everton fuckin nail them this weekend.

(i notice he didnt mention the penalty we should have had against them when Larsson handled in the box, or the luck they had when he hit Ba's face.

We were creased at work today about that story.

"Eya, yew stewpid bitch, what yew dewin eatin my cheyse toastey yew stewpid taat."

[Headbutts said stewpid bitch...a.k.a Girlfriend...a.k.a Daughter"

"Eya, yew stewpid bitch, what yew dewin eatin my cheyse toastey yew stewpid taat."

Nah I reckon the cheese was for his chips and she wasted it on toast, the bitch.

Nah I reckon the cheese was for his chips and she wasted it on toast, the bitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well, she wont do that again will she.

Did anyone hear TotalSport last night, at around 6.30ish? An Aston Villa supporter called 'zac' called up to talk about O'Neills time at Villa, and the mess he left them in with regard to transfer spending.

Gabbiadini basically dismissed him as being bitter towards a former manager, and refused to believe O'Neill spent over the odds at Villa. The main presenter then found the Daily Mail article which put his overall spend at Villa as an £83m loss (or something like that), and Gabbiadini justified it with the three 6th place finishes O'Neill got them.

Was brilliant listening, and might be on the BBC Radio Newcastle website.

'Zac' isn't 'Brummie' off here, is he??

Nah, I am far too old to have a name like Zac.

That's the bullshit we have been dealing with since he walked out on us. Constantly told he worked miracles, didn't spend too much, was forced out by Lerner etc etc. It fucked a lot of people off down here.

As for 6th, 6th, 6th, no it's not bad. I understand that it might be the holy grail for a club like Sunderland to finish as high as sixth, but if MON was a miracle worker for doing that, what was David O'Leary for doing it with no money?

What about the fact that between 1996 and 2002 we were never out of the top eight? A period which included 4th, 5th and 6th in successive seasons? And which also included a cup win?

We've finished in the top six in only just less than half of the seasons since the PL was invented in 1992, so really, it's decent, but not stratospheric. Just like you finishing in the top six.

The difference is, under MON it took an absolute huge amount of money to do, and there was not even the slightest nod or wink paid to the importance of building for the future, nothing at all.

I'd also point out that there's a commoin misconception that MON came here and we had a dreadful squad, nothing to work with, as we'd just had a terrible season. Utter fucking nonsense.

He had Sorensen, Delaney, Mellberg, Laursen, Bouma, Barry, Agbonlahor, Angel and Baros. We also had Gary Cahill who had just broken into the first team.

That was not at all bad as the spine of a team, and you could probably make a decent argument that despite spending Champions League money, and CL wages, we now have a championship squad which is weaker than what was here when he arrived.

I just dont get it. Why do these pundits think we go on about this? Do they think it's bitterness? Why? Because he left? It's nothing to do with him leaving, it is about the state he left us in, and the circumstances in which the self centred bag of shit did it.

6th 6th 6th,  the number of the beast. Could Marty be Satan ??

Stats for me like

I was a chip shop in Morpeth yesterday when 2 workmen came in. No word of a lie, one of them ordered in the broadest most disgusting mackem accent ive ever heard 'Sausage, chips, mushy pea's and cheese please geez'

I was gobsmacked.

Cattermole mentioned that in his after match interview, in the talk-in on Newcastle radio.

Me and mrs gimp were listening when he said it and burst out laughing, you dont believe in stats but you haven't scored a goal or had a shot on target for hundereds of minutes.  Ok Lee.  :lol: Boro logic.

I love Stewart Lee, amazing :lol:

Watch out Hank is issuing threats :)

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13764011&postcount=27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpty 

You dont love Sunderland very often then.

Sit next to me in the north stand & say that to me

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13764028&postcount=29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpty 

Will do. I will have my pick of (empty) pink seats. I will wear my 'disco pants' just so you know who I am. Looking forward to it.

Youll be wearing a deaf aid after I've finished with you

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13764042&postcount=30

Quote:

Originally Posted by hank williams 

Youll be wearing a deaf aid after I've finished with you

Are you going to shout at me loudly?

I like that bit :)

Have I missed something here, could someone enlighten me please?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13765310&postcount=41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambchops 

For some reason the Mags are still seen as a big team across europe - they get good coverage all over the place (most of the footage goes back to the Keegan days like).

Regardless of what we think as Safc fans the Keegan years made them a big name across europe

I'd love us to play in european competition and I wouldn't care how we got there or what channel we were shown on

I think they do also have a higher european profile due to mags almost obsessive love of replica teamwear (which I have as well as it happens).

Wherever I've been on holiday around the Med, the place has been wick with mags (as many on show as any other club, unless it's been a bar with manu actually on the telly), while I'm lucky to see more than 1 or 2 Sunderland. This must affect the perceptions of other nationalities in the resorts.

I don't think that the anti replica kit stance taken by quite a few Sunderland fans helps the club either financially or with it's profile.