sunderland

JH

I think that when you play them with their current set up, you either need a very early goal or a late one, as per Reading. They are designed basically to contain and hit teams on the break with Sessegnon and McClean using their pace.

Last season at SJP, we pounded away at them for almost all of the second half and only a late goal by Shola got a point....they had got a penalty in the first half, thanks to Williamson and then basically sat on it, especially after Sessegnon was sent off.

They are tight in m/f and hoofing it long a'la Pardew/Krul etc is not good because they tend to win a lot of second balls by virtue of their numbers in m/f.

You have to keep the ball and make then chase ; undoubtedly, we have better players in most areas now, but they need to impose their skills on the game as opposed to getting drawn in to a long ball battle. Colo always seems to enjoy playing against them...!

Should be a very interesting game with 2 contrasting styles...unless Pardew reverts to type....

Don't think Adam Johnson will cause too many problems to us. We have two solid full backs which is more than we've had on the last 3/4 occasions. Johnson went missing at their place this season, we have far, far superior players in Marveaux, Gouffran and of course, Ben Arfa.

Hopefully Cuntermole plays and Sissoko can fucking destroy the little rat boy. The derby isn't worth thinking about yet, imo. They're far too irrelevant atm to us.

Don't think Adam Johnson will cause too many problems to us. We have two solid full backs which is more than we've had on the last 3/4 occasions. Johnson went missing at their place this season, we have far, far superior players in Marveaux, Gouffran and of course, Ben Arfa.

Hopefully Cuntermole plays and Sissoko can fucking destroy the little rat boy. The derby isn't worth thinking about yet, imo. They're far too irrelevant atm to us.

Marveaux and Gouffran are far, far superior to Johnson? If that's what you're saying, then IMO it's a tremendously deluded statement.

Our fans are a bit RTG with their arrogance that Sunderland do nothing against us. We don't want to get too complacent.

It's well placed arrogance tbh. As a club, players, fans, manager, they shit themselves every single time. Probably something to do with only caring about two fixtures a season. There's always pants shitting happening in here pre match and it's understandable due to the bragging rights, but no matter the form of the teams I just always expect us to win, especially at home.

Hopefully Cuntermole plays and Sissoko can f***ing destroy the little rat boy. The derby isn't worth thinking about yet, imo. They're far too irrelevant atm to us.

Marveaux and Gouffran are far, far superior to Johnson? If that's what you're saying, then IMO it's a tremendously deluded statement.

It's not a deluded statement at all. Despite Johnson having a good left peg, he has very little else to his game. Their fans haven't been too impressed with him this year. I'd stick my neck out and say Marveaux is a much better player.

Haven't seen enough of Gouffran (and I doubt Mistle17 will have either) to say that he's far superior to Johnson. I rate Johnson quite highly, and the reason he went missing at the SoS is because we doubled up on him, which is quite the right thing to do given that they've got no creativity in their team apart from him. I'd say that Marveaux and Johnson are about the same level, neither is "far, far better" any way.

We really should cut them some slack and be a bit more sympathetic to their wretched plight.

As fans they have two major obsessions, Newcastle United and crowd size. One is borne out of inferiority and lack of identity the other out of realising that their soulless flat pack arena will  never be filled again unless Newcastle or Take That are in town.

Oh how it must pain them to see what was going on at SJP around 4.45 pm on Saturday as another sell out crowd were on their feet and united as one, willing their team to a deserved victory over the European champions.

To realise you will never enjoy such experiences, while watching your closest rivals revelling in it must be very frustrating indeed. 

We should have a sweep, perhaps on the month, when the balance against Marty finally tilts and it all turns nasty.

They still seem to maintain a fawning, almost idiotic, blind faith in his ideology and ability, but I'm pretty sure if there was even the most tenuous of "Geordie" connections he'd be getting the Brucey treatment already.

In fairness, I said in another thread it was like a mini lap of honour, few of them went past the gallowgate, down to leazes and off to the tunnel...end of the day that win meant a f*** load to everyone involved with the club and it showed.

I was buzzing with them clapping the crowd as we were fantastic all game and they showed they appreciated it. 

I love being able to stay back and sing/clap the team after a win and good performance.

Roll on the next one :D

We should have a sweep, perhaps on the month, when the balance against Marty finally tilts and it all turns nasty.

They still seem to maintain a fawning, almost idiotic, blind faith in his ideology and ability, but I'm pretty sure if there was even the most tenuous of "Geordie" connections he'd be getting the Brucey treatment already.

Beat them in April, finish above them despite "Wew 7 points mind the gap #FTM marra" and it'll all go horribly wrong at the Marty Party.

I don't get it. I think players should do it at the end of every match regardless of the result. Lets not forgot that A. This is the first home game Colo has had since he's announced he's staying, thanks largely to the support. B. This is the first home game the new lads have had since coming to the club.

C. In our position this is a very big and needed win and worthy of celebrating.

If you can't cheer a win in football whats the point in going?

Obviously I draw the line at needless pitch invasions etc.