sunderland

JH

Watched the 2nd half of their game today.

I can confirm that N'Diaye is toilet.

He was the only one who offered anything first half. Seems to fade in games but I'm hoping thats just adapting to the pace here. At least he gets himself in forward positions which is an improvement on Colback.

His touch is shocking at times though.

He was the only one who offered anything first half. Seems to fade in games but I'm hoping thats just adapting to the pace here. At least he gets himself in forward positions which is an improvement on Colback.

looking at smb tonight seem pretty down on the prospects under mon?

Weve both had terrible seasons, when the mackems were really struggling early on, it said everything that we couldnt move clear of them. The same can basically be said the other way round now, they went on a little run and we flat out sucked, yet theres still only 2pts diff.

Doubts are creeping in now. The majority are still behind him me included.

Doubts are creeping in now. The majority are still behind him me included.

Lucky he had that run around Xmas which pulled him out the shit, probably enough to keep the media spotlight off him and pressure down to a min for the rest of the season.

Long term though, I just don't see him making much difference and I don't see the club buying its way to the next level, in fact with mon it'll be more buy to stand still than buy to progress.

I'm surprised he's still got so much support, in the 15 months (ish?) that he's been in charge there's been one purple patch of good results and he spent a fair whack in the summer.

Still though, it's refreshing that a manager isn't being hounded out and I guess you're well and truly midtable, 8 points from 7th and 8 points from the bottom 3. And you're above us of course, which probably gets him some credit.

I'm surprised he's still got so much support, in the 15 months (ish?) that he's been in charge there's been one purple patch of good results and he spent a fair whack in the summer.

Still though, it's refreshing that a manager isn't being hounded out and I guess you're well and truly midtable, 8 points from 7th and 8 points from the bottom 3. And you're above us of course, which probably gets him some credit.

they are currently above us, thats all they aim for.

I just think Sunderland are in a long-term predicament.

The players they've bought under Bruce and O'Neill, with the odd exception, have simply been different shades of shit. Mediocre players aren't going to get you anywhere in this league.

It seems that for many, many years they've needed some proper creative drive from midfield. They need a Cabaye, they need an Osman, they need someone who can create something from midfield. Until then their main hope is nicking wins here and there (with the very occasional more comprehensive win thrown in there) but when the defence isn't up to scratch, they're screwed.

Simply put, they need 3 or 4 very decent players if they're going to turn into a decent contender for the top 7ish. And by very decent, that doesn't mean Craig Gardner or John O'Shea. Couple of defenders, couple of midfielders.

On the plus side, I think Fletcher is a good striker for a mid-table side, possibly upper mid table, and Sessegnon and Johnson on their day are very good players IMO. That's a good attacking trio to work off, but where's the support?

Was speaking to Nixon who has to watch them now for his job and he can't believe they spent £10 million on Johnson. Reckons he has been poor all season long, bar one or 2 notable MOTD highlights.

:lol: Like the wording.

Johnson suffers mentally, just doesn't have the character to be a great footballer. Lazy attitude towards training, his own fitness and efforts on the pitch. It's a trio of bad traits to have and he's lucky he's got a bit of pace while being technically very good.

He should be doing much better than he's doing now, but his attitude is off, and the two moves he's made have shown exactly where he's at or was at in his head, made it as a player when he went to citeh, and the next move a chance to chill, earn good money close to family and not really have to put much effort in to things.